Oleksiy Oliynyk vs. Júnior Albini
    Davi Ramos vs. Nick Hein
    Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Sean Strickland

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass 615)
    Warlley Alves vs. Sultan Aliev
    Thales Leites vs. Jack Hermansson
    Alberto Mina vs. Ramazan Emeev
    Markus Perez vs. James Bochnovic
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVETHECREW

Not sure this card sells well. As good as Nunes is, it will be hard to sell her as a ME without a strong main card behind her. The UFC doesnt seem to be pushing this card either which is weird. Souza/Gastelum is a good fight and could be considered a title eliminator but again, I feel this fight as a co-ME needs a strong main to push it. Dern shouldnt be on a main card for a PPV yet and Cooper could beat her up if the fight can stay standing.

Lineker/Kelleher is a good one and should push the winner in to a title eliminator depending on how long Cruz is out for. To round out the main card, Belfort/Machida just doesnt do it for me like it would have a few years ago. Not much to say outside of happy retirement Vitor, win or lose. What does everyone think of the card? Am I being to harsh or should the UFC done a better job at building this one up?
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVETHECREW

Sorry to say I agree with you,Jacare/Gastelum and Lineker/Kelleher might have caught people's interest but the main event is not what Nunes is hoping for as far as fan interest.I also thought the Dern/Cooper match is one Dern could lose and yet she came in hopelessly over the weight limit,pretty poor for someone new to UFC.So UFC has two women events on the main card that seemed to go way under promoted and Belfort/Machida are two past stars...how does that sell this card to the casual fan?
    On a side note does Dern remain in the UFC long,she really doesn't seem to be able to make weight and if Cooper peppers her with strikes throughout the fight and takes the win it will expose the card as very weak by having pushed Dern onto the Main Card.I find this part of the event a bit strange,it's a prelim match really.

So I do want to say, no disrespect to Nunes or Pennington because they are both great fighters. I feel they would be an awesome co-ME for any card and even Jacare/Gastelum could serve as a co or a third fight on a decent ME card. The problem is both fights are up one more than they need to be. Now on to Dern, if she wants to become a star and be a damn good fighter, he needs to take training more serious. She was already "released" from one gym because she was not training as much as the head coach wanted.

She already has weight cutting issues but I dont think its because she is drained, its because she is lazy and Cooper even called it. I honestly think Dern sticks longer than expected because the look and popularity from the bjj scene. She steps in to the UFC with some of the best bjj, not just on the girls side, and she has looks with a good personality. The UFC needs to have a sit down with her and her manager/team and get her situated because she has star potential. Some offensive wrestling and some kickboxing defense could really turn her in to something.

Her takedowns are to be desired and her striking has no rhyme or reason. No head movement, no footwork, no use of the high guard or feints, just straight back and fourth and winging punches. No girl should want to take her down knowing what she could do to them on the ground so she wouldnt even have to work on defending takedowns. I dont think this fight is make or break for her but I do feel like a main card fight on a PPV event is a bit much for her.

#SAVETHECREW

Also as a side note, Lomachenko/Linares is tonight at 8pm and Bader/King Mo is free on Paramount or whatever they are called now. I wont be buying this card tonight with other available events.

#SAVETHECREW

Loma got it done what a good fight.

It was a solid card. I actually enjoyed it but I felt like Nunes could’ve finished that in the 1st-2nd round if she wanted too

The fight was over about 7 minutes before it ended officially but that's how it went.I thought Jacare gassed after the first round but remained game through his match with Gastelum.

Machida with that signature front kick to Belfort tho. Belfort going out like that on his last fight damn

Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    Machida with that signature front kick to Belfort tho. Belfort going out like that on his last fight damn
    I was as stunned as Vitor was I think,I thought "wow these two are really trying to figure each other..." BOOM it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    I was as stunned as Vitor was I think,I thought "wow these two are really trying to figure each other..." BOOM it's over!
    Me too man lmao looked away for a second and next thing you know the ref is stopping the fight

After watching the ME I am not sure if Nunes is that elite or Pennington was very over hyped. Don't get me wrong Nunes put on a clinic and beat her into "I'm done" status but Pennington really didn't do much. Nunes looked great and she needs to fight Cyborg now. A fight with Holm would be fun to watch as well.

Machinda delivered with that finish. Wow is a great way of putting it.

That spinning kick by dos Santos was crazy. It wasn't Barbosa level but its about as close as you can get. They need to keep showing that over and over on replay.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I also was wondering about Nunes after the main event and took a look at the roster to see who is compelling in that division and after Valentina I don't find it very challenging right now.So it might be rough putting together matches for the women's bantamweights.The other matches were actually very good (except ABC/Dern).

Speaking of Dern / ABC. I read somewhere that Dern was shown the exit door from her last gym because she doesn't like training every day and to me that shows me that she may not take MMA seriously. Obviously she takes BJJ serious shes a champ at that no doubt. She said she needs time off from training which I do understand if you are injured or need a day off to recharge the batteries but she said she liked going to the beach. When she gets into fights with elite fighters she is going to get plowed unless she works on her stand up game. I don't see anyone on here level on the ground where she is going to have to keep every one of her fights.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Speaking of Dern / ABC. I read somewhere that Dern was shown the exit door from her last gym because she doesn't like training every day and to me that shows me that she may not take MMA seriously. Obviously she takes BJJ serious shes a champ at that no doubt. She said she needs time off from training which I do understand if you are injured or need a day off to recharge the batteries but she said she liked going to the beach. When she gets into fights with elite fighters she is going to get plowed unless she works on her stand up game. I don't see anyone on here level on the ground where she is going to have to keep every one of her fights.
    This was the same issue I have had with her. I get wanting to take time off and relax and honestly but she was probably able to coast off of her athleticism and talent in BJJ since she has been training since birth. With a diet change and full time fight camps, 5-6 days a week for 8-12 weeks depending on the fight time, she could be one of the elite. She has something that no other women has right now, honestly very few men as well, and thats a very elite ground game.

Take breaks between fights and fight 3 times a year on 10 week fight camps and just stay active during the off time. Get the diet in check and work on them damn hands and some offensive wrestling. Hopefully her new team gets her in check of the UFC tells her to check herself before she wrecks herself.......

#SAVETHECREW