Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    Some of my concerns with "waiting to rebuild" are based on years of thinking we have core players and have them turn out not to be. Favors, Burks, Heyward, Kanter... lots of players of the years that we thought were a young core to build around. By the time the young "core" is ready to compete, alot can happen.
    WOW! That was a very convincing argument. You really touched a nerve with me with this comment. I think most Jazz fans are done with "waiting to rebuild". I am.

Simply resigning Exum and Favors may end up being our best available move this summer. I'm hoping for better. If you listen to Locked on Jazz podcast they give some very interesting numbers. Everyone believes Favors and Gobert together can work. They can because Quinn is amazing, but statistically last year what was even better than Favors and Rudy was Rudy and a stretch 4. I'm not just talking offensively but defensively as well. Rudy and Crowder at the 4 was better by a large margin on both ends. This is a stat we can't ignore. Crowder, Sefolosha, and Jerebko are good options but we need a better one.

I'm a Crowder fan and am ecstatic at the prospect of a whole year with him. Him and Ingles are a great 3 rotation and can put in quality 4 minutes. A full offseason for Rubio in our system to build on the tremendous shooting strides from last season will be huge. If we can find a way to be deeper than last year, I think we'll be tough to beat. GS's woes from this season price there is more than one way to be successful. But it starts with 8 starter-quality players and last year we had 6. In lieu of multiple all-pros, that is.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

With everything I’ve been reading if we want to compete with Houston who will be adding to their already elite roster and golden state as well as the newly formed lakers who will be signing two stars this summer more than likely I feel like we need to take advantage of some of the teams that are looking to shed weight or rebuild. Just for fun I noticed that Cleveland may be looking to move Kevin live regardless of what or Ron decides to do. If we could package expiring contracts in burks, sefelosha, and jerebko with a future first round pick and nab the love. Then let favors walk and use the money to sign someone like Jabari Parker we would have a fantastic team.

Rubio/Exum (assuming we resign)
    Mitchell/O’neal
    Parker/Ingles
    Love/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley

With our 2018 first and second round picks.

What would be cool about this team is that Jabari could play the 3 or 4 just like crowded and love can play the 4 or 5 giving us a lot of versatility. One can dream right? 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Cptgrnlngs22 View Post
    With everything I’ve been reading if we want to compete with Houston who will be adding to their already elite roster and golden state as well as the newly formed lakers who will be signing two stars this summer more than likely I feel like we need to take advantage of some of the teams that are looking to shed weight or rebuild. Just for fun I noticed that Cleveland may be looking to move Kevin live regardless of what or Ron decides to do. If we could package expiring contracts in burks, sefelosha, and jerebko with a future first round pick and nab the love. Then let favors walk and use the money to sign someone like Jabari Parker we would have a fantastic team.

Rubio/Exum (assuming we resign)
    Mitchell/O’neal
    Parker/Ingles
    Love/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley

With our 2018 first and second round picks.

What would be cool about this team is that Jabari could play the 3 or 4 just like crowded and love can play the 4 or 5 giving us a lot of versatility. One can dream right? 😄
    We would not have the cap space to sign someone like Parker if we traded our expiring or unguarenteed contracts away and didn't sign our free agents. We can make alot of space for 1 player by not signing players and not guarenteeing contracts, but cannot do both.

I know alot of people on the forum like Kevin Love, but he is not a great defender and has major injury concerns. If we were going to go for a big name like that, there are other players I would prefer to have. There are some scenarios I would go for, but I think other teams would potentially have more to offer than us. So I think worth exploring, but I don't see a deal that Jazz would want that the Cavs would go for.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...632617473?s=21

Mitchell getting interviews by WOJ, good listen. I HIGHLY recommend listening to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...632617473?s=21

Mitchell getting interviews by WOJ, good listen. I HIGHLY recommend listening to it.
    That was great! Thanks for recommending!

On Locked on Jazz today, they talked about how a new rule stops you from trading non-guarenteed contracts. So our three non-guarenteed contracts cannot be used for us to get assets from teams looking to clear draft space.

This means the Jazz do not have much ammunition in making a trade as we though. And making any big moves in free agency would be risky because we have to renounce our rights to our players.

So my prediction now is that we draft where we stand... resign Favors and Exum... and target a free agent like Nemanja Bjelica using our mid-level exception.

I think we could still trade Burks, but we are not desperate to move him. Worst case, he is an expiring contract this coming year. If we do trade him, it is easy for a draft pick or a player we think could help us.

I feel like we should hold off on signing a free agent until 2019 because the list is phenomenal. Doing this gives us a chance to build as a team and for players like crowder and Mitchell to improve. This will make us even that much more attractive to free agents looking for a team to sign with next year. In regards to favors I feel like we need to let him go or stick with no more than a 1 year deal so we have the most money to shop on 2019. Interesting thought I had while listening to the woj podcast with spida he did not mention favors at all. Every other player was mentioned in some regard except for him. Donovan even mentioned how helpful Hood was for him. Just a thought. One trade I thought of since we need to do something with Burks is a three team trade that I think would satisfy all. Cleveland will be looking to shed Kevin lives salary this offseason and are probably not looking for much in contracts in return. Clippers may be losing Deandre Jordan to FA. Jazz would love to get a great shooter.

Cleveland gives: Kevin Love
    LA gives: TJ Harris and 14th pick
    Utah gives: Alec Burks and 21st pick

Cleveland gets: 14th and 21st picks.
    Cleveland is now set to rebuild with two first round picks and she’d the weight of Kevin lives salary to go after a free agent or two.

LA gets: Kevin Love and Alec Burks
    LA gets two great players for one and can afford the extra salary if Jordan leaves. They also get to keep their 13 th pick giving them first dibs on who they want over Cleveland.

Utah gets: TJ Harris
    Utah gets a great player who can help with the offense and actually be used in the rotation unlike Burks. If we let favors go as well in a scenario like this we would still have plenty of salary space to sign a big free agent in 2019.

I think the jazz should look for a scenario similar to this. We need to focus an acquiring great players not just good ones. We were just ranked in the top five by ESPN power rankings and we need to try to make moves like the other big five if we want to stick around.

I think signing Bjelica with mid level exception would be wise as well.

If we were able to move Burks in a trade similar to the one above and sign someone like Bjelica with the mid it looks to be a great season with plenty of room to add more star power next year.

My wish list for 2018-2019

Rubio/Exum
    Mitchell/O’Neal
    Ingles/Sefolosha/Crowder
    Harris/Bjelica/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley

Tobias Harris is my new crush of player I want on our team. He made the comment he would like to play for the Jazz, so I have been digging into his numbers ever since. He is a solid player. Efficient. Good defender. Can create his own shot. He is probably one of the best fits for stretch 4s for us in the nba. However, I don't think the Clippers will trade him. But if we can pry him away with nothing more then our 1st round pick and Alec Burks, I would be stoked.

I feel like we should hold off on signing a free agent until 2019 because the list is phenomenal. Doing this gives us a chance to build as a team and for players like crowder and Mitchell to improve. This will make us even that much more attractive to free agents looking for a team to sign with next year. In regards to favors I feel like we need to let him go or stick with no more than a 1 year deal so we have the most money to shop on 2019. Interesting thought I had while listening to the woj podcast with spida he did not mention favors at all. Every other player was mentioned in some regard except for him. Donovan even mentioned how helpful Hood was for him. Just a thought. One trade I thought of since we need to do something with Burks is a three team trade that I think would satisfy all. Cleveland will be looking to shed Kevin lives salary this offseason and are probably not looking for much in contracts in return. Clippers may be losing Deandre Jordan to FA. Jazz would love to get a great shooter.

Cleveland gives: Kevin Love
    LA gives: TJ Harris and 14th pick
    Utah gives: Alec Burks and 21st pick

Cleveland gets: 14th and 21st picks.
    Cleveland is now set to rebuild with two first round picks and she’d the weight of Kevin lives salary to go after a free agent or two.

LA gets: Kevin Love and Alec Burks
    LA gets two great players for one and can afford the extra salary if Jordan leaves. They also get to keep their 13 th pick giving them first dibs on who they want over Cleveland.

Utah gets: TJ Harris
    Utah gets a great player who can help with the offense and actually be used in the rotation unlike Burks. If we let favors go as well in a scenario like this we would still have plenty of salary space to sign a big free agent in 2019.

I think the jazz should look for a scenario similar to this. We need to focus an acquiring great players not just good ones. We were just ranked in the top five by ESPN power rankings and we need to try to make moves like the other big five if we want to stick around.

I think signing Bjelica with mid level exception would be wise as well.

If we were able to move Burks in a trade similar to the one above and sign someone like Bjelica with the mid it looks to be a great season with plenty of room to add more star power next year.

My wish list for 2018-2019

Rubio/Exum
    Mitchell/O’Neal
    Ingles/Sefolosha/Crowder
    Harris/Bjelica/Crowder
    Gobert/Bradley
    We don't need Harris and Bjelica. Crowder is too good to be our 3rd option.

I keep hearing people thinking it will be almost impossible to move Alec Burks. I just disagree. He would be great in a different system. He just doesn't fit in Quinn's structured system. Many NBA teams run a much less structured offense than we do. He showed well in the playoffs. Plus if teams are going to switch on defense he is even more valuable if the NBA goes to iso ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    We don't need Harris and Bjelica. Crowder is too good to be our 3rd option.

I keep hearing people thinking it will be almost impossible to move Alec Burks. I just disagree. He would be great in a different system. He just doesn't fit in Quinn's structured system. Many NBA teams run a much less structured offense than we do. He showed well in the playoffs. Plus if teams are going to switch on defense he is even more valuable if the NBA goes to iso ball.
    He only has 1 year left, so he would be a contract we could off-load easily. Someone like the Suns or Orlando could easily use him and he would probably be a starter for one of those teams. IMO it would be easy to off-load him now, with it being an expiring contract and being how well he played in the playoffs. Is it too much to ask a 2nd round pick for his contract? No way.

pick 21 isn't getting us Harris. and I don't think 14 and 21 gets the clippers love. not to mention that no where near makes any sense cap wise. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycx22hc6 is about the best I could do.
    Last edited by dhopisthename; 06-14-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Sefalosha and Bradley are on team options, that means their trade value is marked at zero until we accept the option, at which we couldn't trade them for 6 months once the offer is accepted. Locke was talking about it being a new rule in the CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Sefalosha and Bradley are on team options, that means their trade value is marked at zero until we accept the option, at which we couldn't trade them for 6 months once the offer is accepted. Locke was talking about it being a new rule in the CBA.
    oh wow. does that include udoh and jerebko? if so we have zero trade assets and I doubt we make any moves this offseason, unless we can get a PG, except resign some of our guys.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast