Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Yeah, we made it through basically unharmed. Lots of clean up at the house that I'm just starting, but the family/house/shop made it with no damage. We got very lucky, lots of people I know lost everything and some are still getting around by boat only. The flooding is/was nuts.

I can't imagine a big fire like that though. That has to be a terrible feeling knowing one of those is coming.

man its too bad we can never be in these disgruntled player trades. Right now we don't have the assets for someone like Jimmy Butler and I don't think the front office would even make that deal. sometimes I feel like the front office is content winning 50 games. People keep talking about our cap space next year but who out of Durant, Leonard, Irving, and Butler would even consider signing here? I don't see any of those guys even giving us a interview.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man its too bad we can never be in these disgruntled player trades. Right now we don't have the assets for someone like Jimmy Butler and I don't think the front office would even make that deal. sometimes I feel like the front office is content winning 50 games. People keep talking about our cap space next year but who out of Durant, Leonard, Irving, and Butler would even consider signing here? I don't see any of those guys even giving us a interview.
    The timing for adding a player like that is off. We played great ball last year. The advanced stats were amazing. This season is all about determining if this success is sustainable. If so, when healthy we are an elite NBA team. No need to make a big change until we know who fits. When the timing is better I see us going all in for a strong #2 like Butler. I'm confident many solid players would love to play with Donovan and Rudy.

My prediction is that we are good again but not elite. I'll bet we get a stretch 4 like Tobias Harris next summer in free agency and cut Favors loose. Next summer our cap situation will be ready for a more exciting move.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    The timing for adding a player like that is off. We played great ball last year. The advanced stats were amazing. This season is all about determining if this success is sustainable. If so, when healthy we are an elite NBA team. No need to make a big change until we know who fits. When the timing is better I see us going all in for a strong #2 like Butler. I'm confident many solid players would love to play with Donovan and Rudy.

My prediction is that we are good again but not elite. I'll bet we get a stretch 4 like Tobias Harris next summer in free agency and cut Favors loose. Next summer our cap situation will be ready for a more exciting move.
    honestly how many wins does harris give us over Favors? sure our offense gets better, but our defense gets worse.

honestly how many wins does harris give us over Favors? sure our offense gets better, but our defense gets worse.
    I agree with you. Favors is a good player. I just think he will (fair or not) take the blame for this team not making the jump to elite. Statistically we were much better last season with Crowder and Favors on the bench. If that is true again this year we shouldn't ignore that. If we can take a small step back on defense and a big step forward on offense it would be worth it.

If this team fails to win 50+ games or gets dominated in the second round of the playoffs again we can't just resign all the same guys and expect different results. Next summer we will have money for a potential upgrade. Why not take it? We all know Rudy, Mitchell, and Ingles are not going anywhere. The only question marks are Favors and Rubio. I like both guys, but only if you can be an elite team with them. One of the two will be gone.

Favors has continued to work on his jump-shot, much like Millsap did when he left for Atlanta. If Favors can get to that same range Millsap was, than he's going to be an outstanding Forward. And he would be better than Crowder. He's improved every year except the one he had severe back issues.

I think he'll continue to improve, and be a much better three point taker this year than last. If that happens he'll be worth a lot more to the league. But since there are so many free agents next year, we just might be able to get a good deal on Favors.

I honestly believe in his growth, and think he'll be our best option at the 4 for long-term.

the problem with this team is that all our starters are at least average to above average so to actually improve this roster we have to get all star level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    Favors has continued to work on his jump-shot, much like Millsap did when he left for Atlanta. If Favors can get to that same range Millsap was, than he's going to be an outstanding Forward. And he would be better than Crowder. He's improved every year except the one he had severe back issues.

I think he'll continue to improve, and be a much better three point taker this year than last. If that happens he'll be worth a lot more to the league. But since there are so many free agents next year, we just might be able to get a good deal on Favors.

I honestly believe in his growth, and think he'll be our best option at the 4 for long-term.
    Can we please just stop with the Favors is going to shoot a decent percentage from 3 talk. No he will not. He never will. He can practice every day for hours and he will never develop into a real threat from outside. He made 14 of 63 last year (22%). That is not just bad, it's awful. That makes him one of the worst 3 point shooters at power forward in the league. Plus he was left wide open on most of those attempts. Wide open on purpose. I'm sure if you dig deep you can find a few examples (Jason Kid) of players who developed into a great three point shooter in the middle of their career. For the other 99.99% of the time these guys never get there. Millsap shot 33% from 3 as a rookie. He is not a fair comparison. Your logic is not playing the odds. Love the optimism.

I love this team, but I think the ceiling on this team is the second round of the playoffs. Nobody is beating the Warriors and the Rockets are still better than us. Just a reminder that Houston won 65 games last year and took the superteam Warriors to game 7. So if we go to the second round of the playoffs for the 3rd time in a row and loose then what? Do you expect this organization to return with Favors and Rubio again? I don't. Why would they? With money to spend and a team option on Favors we have options to improve the team. Rubio and Favors are great but one of them is going to take the fall this offseason if we can't make the jump.

lets be real here though. the warriors are currently setting up potentially the greatest dynasty since the bill russell celtics. That roster isn't that old. Does Durant sign a long term deal though.

lets be real here though. the warriors are currently setting up potentially the greatest dynasty since the bill russell celtics. That roster isn't that old. Does Durant sign a long term deal though.
    If Durant finally grows a nut sack and goes elsewhere things may get back to normal. Until then nobody else has a chance if they play remotely well.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    If Durant finally grows a nut sack and goes elsewhere things may get back to normal. Until then nobody else has a chance if they play remotely well.
    I agree 100%. It sucks but it is the truth. I'm just going to ignore that and enjoy this team. Who cares if we can't beat the Dynasty Warriors this year, we have a fun team. We are doing it the right way. We have built a solid team from low draft picks (that rarely produce superstars), players like Ingles that everyone else viewed as a non NBA player, and Rubio who many teams viewed as a cast off. Nobody else has built this good of a team without top free agents and or top draft picks. Yes the always annoying Boogie Cousins will hoist the trophy this year but he will not have my respect. When the Varsity team beats the JV nobody feels a great accomplishment. We are building a true contender. In a few years when the timing is right we are going to have a legit shot at it. That is enough for me. We can't expect more than that out of a flawed system that hurts small market teams. We can't expect more than that when a team can't attract top free agents and has too much fan respect to tank.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011