Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Better fit for an elite wing: Philadelphia or Utah?

Philadelphia gets a lot of the attention as a possible destination for elite wings like George and Leonard, if not LeBron.
    But I'm wondering: Is Utah a comparable landing spot?
    They lost Hayward, their best player, and still got the fifth seed and beat Oklahoma. They played as good against a full-strength Houston team as the 76ers have against a hobbled Celtics.
    They have an awesome rim protector, one of the best young guards and the league's best defense. With an elite wing who can be a primary scoring option, it's not hard to see the Jazz contending for a finals berth.
    How do you think they compare to Philadelphia?

I like your ATRD team.

Utah as a plce to live just isnt appealing to a lot players, ive never been but would surely like to see SLC but wouldnt want to deal with all that snow regularly either. Philly is one of the bigger markets (close to NY) in the country with a rabid base and owners willing to spend more. But give Utah one of those top wings and yea you prob have a contender, no doubt about it.
    Last edited by TheDish87; 05-09-2018 at 12:24 PM.

an elite wing choosing to go to the state of Utah?

when pigs fly

Utah would be a phenomenal place for one of those guys but it's just not likely.but yeah if you add a Paul George or a LeBron Utah is definitely in contender status. Still below GS and possibly Houston but they'd be the clear cut 3rd best team in the West at the very worst.

Hilarious but Hayward should demand a trade back

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Hilarious but Hayward should demand a trade back
    Haha, I've wondered if he's having any regrets on his decision since he's gonna have a PG with knee problems and young guys looking to take his spot where as in Utah he could have gotten his jersey retired if he didn't run like a *****. And he'd have finally got an alpha in Mitchell so he wouldn't have to be the man.

I think Kawhi Leonard is the best shot Utah has at getting an elite wing. Dennis Lindsay (Utah GM) traded for Kawhi. He hired Quinn Snyder twice, once as a coach assistant in San Antonio, then again in Utah. Dennis Lindsay was the GM for San Antonio before being hired in Utah. So ya, if any of them come to Utah I would say Kawhi is the one. And I think he would put us in contention honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I like your ATRD team.
    You ranked it pretty low for "liking" it. But yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Haha, I've wondered if he's having any regrets on his decision since he's gonna have a PG with knee problems and young guys looking to take his spot where as in Utah he could have gotten his jersey retired if he didn't run like a *****. And he'd have finally got an alpha in Mitchell so he wouldn't have to be the man.
    Karma's a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I think Kawhi Leonard is the best shot Utah has at getting an elite wing. Dennis Lindsay (Utah GM) traded for Kawhi. He hired Quinn Snyder twice, once as a coach assistant in San Antonio, then again in Utah. Dennis Lindsay was the GM for San Antonio before being hired in Utah. So ya, if any of them come to Utah I would say Kawhi is the one. And I think he would put us in contention honestly.
    Leonard would no doubt make Utah legit threat but what would Spurs want in return? Mitchell? or a Exum / Burks / Favors type haul? or they might gamble on Irving for Leonard straight up

I heard from someone who use to stay in Utah on work duty speak highly of the respect people have for others but it is such a cold place to want to stay for the long haul

from a athletes point of view other than being drafted by Utah I don't blame free agents for not wanting to go there, when was the last time Utah landed a apex young player free agency, Boozer? and how long in between Booz?

Utah has to get lucky and strike gold again to pair with Mitchell, or pray that Gobert transforms into Ewing or Duncan on offense, which after years of watching doesn't seem possible but at least he plays DPOY caliber to anchor that side of the ball

if I were the Spurs I would send him out East and not help a team in my same conference, especially if they are getting a healthy Leonard, top 5 mvp annually caliber player, touted by most to be best 2 way player in the game, 1a at worst

Raptors!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Utah is better so I would say them.

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    Leonard would no doubt make Utah legit threat but what would Spurs want in return? Mitchell? or a Exum / Burks / Favors type haul? or they might gamble on Irving for Leonard straight up

I heard from someone who use to stay in Utah on work duty speak highly of the respect people have for others but it is such a cold place to want to stay for the long haul

from a athletes point of view other than being drafted by Utah I don't blame free agents for not wanting to go there, when was the last time Utah landed a apex young player free agency, Boozer? and how long in between Booz?

Utah has to get lucky and strike gold again to pair with Mitchell, or pray that Gobert transforms into Ewing or Duncan on offense, which after years of watching doesn't seem possible but at least he plays DPOY caliber to anchor that side of the ball

if I were the Spurs I would send him out East and not help a team in my same conference, especially if they are getting a healthy Leonard, top 5 mvp annually caliber player, touted by most to be best 2 way player in the game, 1a at worst
    Who said anything about trading? Lindsay talked yesterday about keeping the roster and going for free agency next season.

And the rumor is we pick up Favors for max money on a 3 year deal with the last year being a team option, that way Utah can decline it and renegotiate Favors long term for a less money. That would give them cap space to sign Kawhi out-right after his contract expires.
    Last edited by Firefistus; 05-10-2018 at 12:24 PM.

max money for Favors? no way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast