Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

If Vegas wins the Stanley Cup

I'm not gonna pretend to be a hockey fan but this is an amazing story so far. If they are to go on and win the championship in their inaugural season, where would it rank among major sports seasons/stories?

Before the Cubs winning the World Series of course.

I said back in the Bruins forum don't be surprised if we end up seeing a Tampa vs LV Stanley Cup.

The NC St 8 seed winning the tourney? I mean it would be like if a NFL team went <4-12 and the next year won it all or made it to the super bowl

Whoever the Golden Knights GM and HC are, they must be really good. It also helps that the goaltender is a talented veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    The NC St 8 seed winning the tourney? I mean it would be like if a NFL team went <4-12 and the next year won it all or made it to the super bowl
    This has happened, I believe several times

1998 Rams went 4-12, grabbed some bagger from a grocery store, and went 13-3 with a Super Bowl title and the Greatest Show On Turf

This would be a bigger story, I believe

The inaugural season? A bunch of castoffs and rejects taking the title would be astonishing

I think the Chicago Fire won the MLS championship their first year in the league.

What I thought was funny was when I pressed the remote control info button (to see who was leading in the Vegas-SJ series), it said the Golden Knights were looking to advance to their first ever Conference Finals. {LOL} It's kind of hard to go to the Conference Finals before you exist.

2 behind Leicester City.

Not to take anything away from them but they had way better options to choose from than previous expansion teams. They have quite a few players who have been pretty good elsewhere as well as a couple fairly recent 1st rounders that they are lucky werenít protected. Then of course they snagged some diamonds in the rough that werenít playing much elsewhere. Their coach has gotten the most out of every guy and they have all bought into his system. Everything has fallen perfectly in place.

Of course, nobody expected them to make the playoffs let alone be Cup contenders so that in itself is amazing. It would easily be up there as one of the greatest sports stories of our time if they win the Cup imo

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    2 behind Leicester City.
    That's a good one.

Definitely one of the most impressive sports stories ever.
    I thought after the expansion draft that they would be competitive but would fall short of the playoffs.

Gerard Gallant is easily the coach of the year.

I would probably watch hockey if I could actually see the puck going in the net. There's usually too many players standing around the goal, and I have to take the announcer's word that a score just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I would probably watch hockey if I could actually see the puck going in the net. There's usually too many players standing around the goal, and I have to take the announcer's word that a score just happened.
    Haha, do you want a glowing puck? Jk

I honestly feel like it would be tainted if the Knights win it all. I really hope they don't. Almost like the championship loses some of its luster.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Haha, do you want a glowing puck? Jk

I honestly feel like it would be tainted if the Knights win it all. I really hope they don't. Almost like the championship loses some of its luster.
    Just makes historic teams like Montreal and Toronto look bad. Almost why I hope it does happen. And Iím a Habs fan.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast