Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Roberto Osuna Charged With Assault

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...oronto-police/

This is not good at all. If convicted, he's done.

What do you mean done? Like for his career over a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...oronto-police/

This is not good at all. If convicted, he's done.

it must be serious because mlb put him on the restricted list before the details even hit the papers

thats awful fast

i wouldnt be surprised if the team told them right away to try and protect him

Fuuuuuuuuck... Assault on a woman ...

And the Jays semi truck is oh-so close to the cliff. Hopefully it's not what it could be, but after watching Osuna last year, I was hoping they would have traded him for some decent specs in the off-season. He's an average closer with injury concerns, mental health issues, and not to mention a pretty high career ERA for a closer.

With Donaldson, Morales, Travis, Tulo, Martin all hurt and/or grossly under-performing, there's not much hope for a solid return at the deadline. Yet another example of Shapkins not properly assessing the situation, and further letting this ship sink!

Yesterday was worst day in franchise history. No-hit then lose Osuna

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    What do you mean done? Like for his career over a mistake
    I'm operating under the assumption that this isn't just him grabbing her but rather him beating her up. This is mainly due to how quickly he was booked and charged. Then again I could be wrong. On June 18th when the evidence comes to light we'll all know but yeah, if he beat her up I hope he gets suspended for the year. Winning is great and all but I don't want a scumbag like that helping us do it.

I've posted this on voynov in the leafs thread, but I'd like to get more info before jumping to conclusions. Not only what the end result was, but what lead up to it.

Don't get me wrong, a real man knows when to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm operating under the assumption that this isn't just him grabbing her but rather him beating her up. This is mainly due to how quickly he was booked and charged. Then again I could be wrong. On June 18th when the evidence comes to light we'll all know but yeah, if he beat her up I hope he gets suspended for the year. Winning is great and all but I don't want a scumbag like that helping us do it.
    Sounds like he is gone for a bit. But many players have been charged with this before and continue their career. Chapman or Reyes.

Let due Process take it's course.

If guilty... I dont think he'll be done, it'll be a lengthy suspension, jail time, counselling etc. and he'll be back in the bigs.

If not guilty.... then great!

The jays have serious problem with pitching now.

damn, 75 games is tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    damn, 75 games is tough.
    At least he is getting the help through therapy that he needs.

I think he'll be much worse when he comes back.

Just one of those things that will always be in your head and will get to you IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Sounds like he is gone for a bit. But many players have been charged with this before and continue their career. Chapman or Reyes.
    That's the problem though. They really shouldn't be able to. Imagine if that was your significant other or some kind of loved one they did that to. Would you not lose your mind when you saw him trot out onto the field?

Neither were found guilty IIRC so there is no reason they shouldn't be able to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast