Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    The domestic violence rule doesn't apply to just wife beaters. It applies to bar fights or any type of assaults for that matter.

A MAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF IF SOMEBODY IS ATTACKING HIM. I don't care what the sex of the attacker is. If a woman wants to act like a man, then she should be treated as such. A MAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF.

No double standards.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    The domestic violence rule doesn't apply to just wife beaters. It applies to bar fights or any type of assaults for that matter.

A MAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF IF SOMEBODY IS ATTACKING HIM. I don't care what the sex of the attacker is. If a woman wants to act like a man, then she should be treated as such. A MAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF.

No double standards.
    I agree a man should be able to defend himself with a reasonable response. Did this happen in the situation? It hasn't been reported. If that isn't the case, then tough **** on him.

And now the argument has completely changed.

Now it's about self defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    He's being charged for beating a woman. Are you ****ing kidding me? An employer should absolutely have the right, to an extent, to discipline an employee for getting in trouble with the law, let alone a felony.

You agree to represent the organization in a reasonable manner. He signed the contract. He didn't have to.

Ffs dude. Get with the times and stop being so stuck in 1950.
    Ever heard of double jeopardy?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

If the players dont like the personal conduct policy, get it revised in the next CBA. Otherwise, if the players dont have a problem with it, then neither should anyone here.

Yes. But this doesn't apply here. An employer should be able to discipline an employee for detrimental conduct. It's a separate entity.

Double jeopardy only matters in a court of law. Not to mention, it only applies if someone is declared innocent that they can't be charged with the same crime.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-27-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Yes. And an employer should be able to discipline an employee for detrimental conduct. It's a separate entity.
    So you think that stuff like invasion of privacy shouldn't matter either?

Future Hall of Shamers:

So you think that stuff like invasion of privacy shouldn't matter either?
    Invasion of privacy regarding what? What does that have to do with this?

Invasion of privacy regarding what? What does that have to do with this?
    Getting involved in a player's personal life... Especially during the offseason.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Getting involved in a player's personal life... Especially during the offseason.
    A potential crime is involved and he violated the CBA, according to MLB. There is no legal grounds for invasion of privacy, nor should there be.

The thing that I find hypocritical is that when a fight occurs on a baseball field, players don't go to jail and they don't receive 75 game suspensions.

Future Hall of Shamers:

The thing that I find hypocritical is that when a fight occurs on a baseball field, players don't go to jail and they don't receive 75 game suspensions.
    Same with hockey. The game legislates itself at times but technically that can be described as battery too (remember Marty McSorley)

But this is something entirely different. This is a man physically assaulting a woman. A disgusting crime in which (if he's guilty) deserves to be punished personally and professionally. Being a MLB player is a privilege, not a right. Again if these players have a problem with the terms of their conduct policy, revise it. Otherwise, they need to abide by the rules they collectively bargained.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-27-2018 at 03:43 AM.

I would say a human attacking another human is disgusting. I don't care about the sexes involved. We're all equal or should at least be considered equal.

Future Hall of Shamers:

I would say a human attacking another human is disgusting. I don't care about the sexes involved. We're all equal or should at least be considered equal.
    No 200 plus pound man should be hitting a woman half his size. The only justification would be if his life was in danger and I've seen no reports of that.

He deserves whatever punishment he gets. If I'm MLB, I don't want to appear easy on wife beaters. Not to mention if you slap a wife beater on the wrist what stops him from doing it again? The idea being if you go to jail and lose millions of dollars in the process perhaps that's enough incentive to get your **** together and learn to be a decent human being.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast