Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Absolutely not. Any, and all professions, should hold professionals to a standard of not abusing others, especially spouses.
    For 135 years, players personal lives during the offseason was not an issue. So why is it an issue all of a sudden? We have a court system for a reason. That's their business and only their business. All this is a publicity stunt just to satisfy the PC wimps that have come out of the closet in recent years.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 06-23-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    For 135 years, players personal lives during the offseason was not an issue. So why is it an issue all of a sudden? We have a court system for a reason. That's their business and only their business. All this is a publicity stunt just to satisfy the PC wimps that have come out of the closet in recent years.
    135 years ago black people couldn't play baseball professionally. Women couldn't vote. We didn't have cars. Not everything should stay the way it was. We evolve.

You are still an employee and are expected to act a certain way. You agree to that when you sign the contract.

I'm sure part of it is certainly due to PR and some of it is also because teams and fans don't want jackasses for employees.

I'm sorry that PC wimps believe a women beater shouldn't have a job.

Roberto Osuna arrested for assaulting his gf; Suspended 75 games

Because abuse is only a concern of PC wimps? Baseball is a “family” including players and their wives, GFs, etc. The MLB and the MLBPA decided they were not going to tolerate abuse. Good! I don’t want to root for wife-beaters on the field. More people should do more to say enough is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 06-23-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Dug and Rush answered it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I'd say cheating others also falls under morality, we can quibble over which is the worse offense, and some drugs aren't as bad as others, that even with domestic abuse there are levels yadda yadda, but both actions are immoral.
    Obviously they are. I didn't word my original post properly. It was more so me saying abusing a human being outweighs cheating at a game every time.

Well I'm waiting to hear the details of what led up to it. No one should be hitting anyone else regardless of gender, but also no one should feel that they can push someone beyond the brink without any consequence.

https://youtu.be/rksKvZoUCPQ

This could be equal to a bar fight where both parties decide to square off (not illegal in canada), or maybe he just snapped and beat the **** out of her for no reason (doubt it).

The modern real-man knows when to walk away.

Good, **** him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    135 years ago black people couldn't play baseball professionally. Women couldn't vote. We didn't have cars. Not everything should stay the way it was. We evolve.

You are still an employee and are expected to act a certain way. You agree to that when you sign the contract.

I'm sure part of it is certainly due to PR and some of it is also because teams and fans don't want jackasses for employees.

I'm sorry that PC wimps believe a women beater shouldn't have a job.
    Apples and oranges. Bad comparisons.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Apples and oranges. Bad comparisons.
    No, it is not. Just because something's been done for a long time doesn't mean it should stay the course.

Also, you respond to the first point and ignore everything else?

Dug and Rush answered it perfectly.

Says the filihok apologist.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    No, it is not. Just because something's been done for a long time doesn't mean it should stay the course.

Also, you respond to the first point and ignore everything else?
    Sex and racial discrimination (which are wrong) have nothing in common with people's PERSONAL lives during the OFFSEASON.

If you want employers imposing disciplinary actions for people's personal lives, then we don't need a ****in' court system. Never mind that the Constitution states that double jeopardy is illegal, because that's basically what it occurring with MLB getting involved.

Future Hall of Shamers:

PC Pu**y Generation

1. Removing Chief Wahoo
    2. Buster Posey/Chase Utley Rules
    3. Removing the NBA All-Star Game from Charlotte, NC because of bathroom laws
    4. Getting involved in players personal lives during the offseason.

Future Hall of Shamers:

Sex and racial discrimination (which are wrong) have nothing in common with people's PERSONAL lives during the OFFSEASON.

If you want employers imposing disciplinary actions for people's personal lives, then we don't need a ****in' court system. Never mind that the Constitution states that double jeopardy is illegal, because that's basically what it occurring with MLB getting involved.
    I imagine in 75% of the professional careers in America, if you get a mid level even misdemeanor, it can put your job in jeopardy. Get a felony? You can count on it.

Actions have consequences, and you represent your company in and outside of work.

PC Pu**y Generation

1. Removing Chief Wahoo
    2. Buster Posey/Chase Utley Rules
    3. Removing the NBA All-Star Game from Charlotte, NC because of bathroom laws
    4. Getting involved in players personal lives during the offseason.

He's being charged for beating a woman. Are you ****ing kidding me? An employer should absolutely have the right, to an extent, to discipline an employee for getting in trouble with the law, let alone a felony.

You agree to represent the organization in a reasonable manner. He signed the contract. He didn't have to.

Ffs dude. Get with the times and stop being so stuck in 1950.

I imagine in 75% of the professional careers in America, if you get a mid level even misdemeanor, it can put your job in jeopardy. Get a felony? You can count on it.

Actions have consequences, and you represent your company in and outside of work.
    Especially something that's on a national level scale like MLB.

The double jeopardy comparison justification is ridiculous as well.

That's like saying its okay for a teacher to get their job back or get another teaching job after having sex with a minor as long as they have been convicted and served time for it criminally. Conduct matters on a professional/personal level and someone needs to be held accountable as such.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-27-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast