Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    If Osuna is found not guilty he should sue the pants off MLB. MLB needs to wait until the criminal justice system does it's job before assuming guilt on athletes.
    Itís called collective bargaining - something the MLBPA agreed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Everyone is a puss nowadays.

To suspend him is pathetic.

I rather they let him play and once he's guilty, suspend him for life from the MLB.
    We don't know the details but considering how everything has been kept SUPER quiet and the fact that he's not appealing I think it's safe to say he's guilty. Even with the verdict in question, the Jays can't allow a guy who may have beaten his girlfriend to play. It sucks because as a Jays fan I want them to win but a line has to be drawn.

Players face tougher suspensions for drugs in comparison to domestic abuse. I know the drugs can help enhance your ability in the game but morality always plays a bigger part. If he's convicted I don't want to see him in a Jays uniform or any other MLB uniform again. An example has to be made and a standard has to be set. This type of **** can't fly.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 06-22-2018 at 11:56 PM.

I bet she deserved it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We don't know the details but considering how everything has been kept SUPER quiet and the fact that he's not appealing I think it's safe to say he's guilty. Even with the verdict in question, the Jays can't allow a guy who may have beaten his girlfriend to play. It sucks because as a Jays fan I want them to win but a line has to be drawn.

Players face tougher suspensions for drugs in comparison to domestic abuse. I know the drugs can help enhance your ability in the game but morality always plays a bigger part. If he's convicted I don't want to see him in a Jays uniform or any other MLB uniform again. An example has to be made and a standard has to be set. This type of **** can't fly.
    Once he's guilty, that's when you punish him. Ban him for life for all I care once he's guilty.

Putting him on admin leave is fine until there is a resolution but to actually suspend him when nothing has been proven in court is just MLB swinging their dicks around here and wanting to be judge and jury here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Absolutely not.
    Any time spent in the slammer between November and mid-February has no implications on any games played. Therefore, they need not get involved.

The NFL absolutely needed this policy, because about 30% of the players were ex-cons. It's a league infested with "bad hombres," so to speak. That's not the case with MLB.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Everyone is a puss nowadays.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Any time spent in the slammer between November and mid-February has no implications on any games played. Therefore, they need not get involved.

The NFL absolutely needed this policy, because about 30% of the players were ex-cons. It's a league infested with "bad hombres," so to speak. That's not the case with MLB.
    They represent a team and the league and are expected to keep a somewhat reasonable image. They should absolutely be punished for committing a crime, depending on the severity of it.

It doesn't matter that the NFL employs more knuckleheads. There's always a bad apple somewhere. No league should employ someone who beats a woman (not necessarily talking about Osuna, but just in general). Suspension, at the very least, is warranted in certain cases.

havent other players who beat someone not get such harsh penalty as this before in mlb?

Roberto Osuna arrested for assaulting his gf; Suspended 75 games

Once he's guilty, that's when you punish him. Ban him for life for all I care once he's guilty.

Putting him on admin leave is fine until there is a resolution but to actually suspend him when nothing has been proven in court is just MLB swinging their dicks around here and wanting to be judge and jury here.
    MLB Players Association approved. They do not even contest.

They are doing more to protect their public image than any sport. Which is more heinous? PED use or abusing another human being?

Other sports leagues should be as proactive.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    havent other players who beat someone not get such harsh penalty as this before in mlb?
    Since the most recent CBA? Probably not.

I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post

I'd say cheating others also falls under morality, we can quibble over which is the worse offense, and some drugs aren't as bad as others, that even with domestic abuse there are levels yadda yadda, but both actions are immoral.

And if something like this occurs during the offseason, MLB should also mind their own beeswax too.
    What?

And if something like this occurs during the offseason, MLB should also mind their own beeswax too.
    Absolutely not. Any, and all professions, should hold professionals to a standard of not abusing others, especially spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    If Osuna is found not guilty he should sue the pants off MLB. MLB needs to wait until the criminal justice system does it's job before assuming guilt on athletes.
    The problem with that is that often times, it may have happened, but his wife has to actually want him prosecuted and help the PA to actually go after him. That doesn't usually happen, so while no criminal penalties, you can still know it happened without getting the evidence necessary to prosecute.

Quote Originally Posted by dballss View Post
    They've beefed it up over the last several years/CBA's

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    MLB Players Association approved. They do not even contest.

They are doing more to protect their public image than any sport. Which is more heinous? PED use or abusing another human being?

Other sports leagues should be as proactive.

Yea, they're doing it to appeal to the masses. Willing to punish someone to get the millennial and feminist of their side at the expense of the justice system.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast