Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    When I say blow it up, I'm referring to if you want to win a championship. This roster ain't going to do it, sorry. But the reality is, at least 25 teams ain't doing it at all. Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Celtics, and then possibly whichever team LeBron is in. The shameful part of the Raptors is they just seem to give up vs LeBron and that's why everyone laughs at them but in reality, they never had a shot at the championship anyways. If they convinced anyone, I'm sorry but you are gullible. There is no valid trade out there that would turn the Raptors into contenders. No one wants Lowry's bad contract and DeRozan's lack of shooting will turn many teams away.
    Lowry makes too much, for sure. But if it's already spent money, ie the other team is matching salary, he could be moved. Like if Leonard was resigned and shipped off to Canada as punishment lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Absolutely. Replacing Demars scoring and getting a pick is a win.

Pick would be best case scenario but I’d even do it straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    How about a trade with the Wiz based around DeMar and Beal? I’d do it for Beal and a 1st.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Right now, Beal is the better player and is still over 24 years old. No way the Wizards would give him up AND a 1st rounder for Derozan. Why would they? Doesn't make any sense. Not even an even swap would make the Wizards better. The Wizards main need is a reliable 4 and 5. They're happy with the backcourt tandem of Beal and Wall.

Blowing it up is easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Right now, Beal is the better player and is still over 24 years old. No way the Wizards would give him up AND a 1st rounder for Derozan. Why would they? Doesn't make any sense. Not even an even swap would make the Wizards better. The Wizards main need is a reliable 4 and 5. They're happy with the backcourt tandem of Beal and Wall.
    Yeah but Beal and Wall aren’t.

People act as if blowing a team up is a fool proof plan which will work out in 5 or so years. People are then reminded of the Sacramento Kings.
    You aren't wrong. But, you need stars in this league. We aren't in NY, LA or Miami. Only one way to get them to come.

Yeah but Beal and Wall aren’t.
    I don't think Washington would do this deal regardless. One of the advantages that they have is that when Wall Drives, he can kick it out to Beal, who can hit 3s very consistently. Derozan is inconsistent from beyond the Arc, as is Wall. In the NBA today, you can't have both of your guards being below average from shooting from 3. Of course, we'd have to wait and see how Wall is once he's fully healthy though.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Casey:

“There’s a huge gap I think we closed between the first 4-0 and the second 4-0,” Casey said. “That 4-0 is very, I think, deceiving. You had two games by what, one point and two points. So the gap is closing.”
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Casey:

Maybe we'll only lose 4 games to 1 next year.... you have got to be ****ing kidding me

I also want to add to his stupid point, as you probably know too Rexie, Toronto did win 2 games against the Cavs (and quite likely the strongest Lebron Led team since he returned, though you might have another opinion on the strongest team)

He should have been fired for this statement alone.... The people defending this guy need to read this comment again and again until they finally understand that he's not the coach that can get us over the hump
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I don't know if you've had conversations with the teams front office but I have a very strong suspicion that they are not as pleased with that pairing as you believe. Generally where there is a lot of smoke there is fire. There is lots of smoke and I am not buying that it's all made up, especially since the wizards don't ever add up to what you think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Casey:

Well.... He's not wrong. Little consolation to fans.

No, get them a good 3 and D and a hustle rebounder/post defender at the 4/5 to help as a backup, and they have a great team. I love their bench.

DeRozan and Lowry need to learn to kill it together in tough situations.

No one said blowing up a team is a full proof plan. Its a massive risk. The people that are saying blow it up are people that are not content with being in a treadmill. Its the population of people that believe you need to pick a direction and its one or the other.

Its like the quote they say about dating: if youre not gona marry her, youre wasting your time. Well, you still date girls for longer than you need to even though you know shes not the one. You have an attachment and its hard to break that attachment. Change is hard, people like comfort zones. But the people that are saying blow it up are confident that the Raptors have reached their ceiling, and now its time to pick a direction.

The only real factor here is, Lebron is now old. There is that SLIGHT risk that something can happen to him. But even when that does, the Celtics WITHOUT Kyrie and Hayward are in a much better position than the Raptors. Brown, Tatum, Rozier and Horford can compete, if not beat this Raptor team in the playoffs. Brad Stevens would bend Casey over backwards and **** all the class out of him in a playoff series.

Theres been reports in Washington that John Wall doesn't get along or cause problems with some teammates IIRC.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast