Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Ink said he chats with 'real' basketball minds IRL all the time and that's why he is beyond us simpletons and doesn't need to justify himself to us. Since he gets the real truth from actual basketball professionals. He got 0 satisfaction talking to us and he was only here to prevent the spread of misinformation. Kinda miss sparring with him.

He kept mentioning he was busy at a presser so I always assumed he worked in media.
    Boom. BC.

that part about the spread of misinformation strikes me as hella ironic
    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-13-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I never got the impression that ink was in the know. He came off as a fan to me.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Nah he's probably just a fan and just one of the dozens pretending to be raptors insiders.

I recall him saying that he stopped posting because he doesn't like the direction of the team.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I recall him saying that he stopped posting because he doesn't like the direction of the team.
    or because he took a new job in philly

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Nah ink's diction is completely different. The BC burners weren't as passive aggressive or as patronizing as ink. Eric Jr was a lot more direct and used a lot of colourful language reminiscent of an 80s used car salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer:32394362
    or because he took a new job in philly

Haha well he's still around. He checked in a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart:32394384
    Nah ink's diction is completely different. The BC burners weren't as passive aggressive or as patronizing as ink. Eric Jr was a lot more direct and used a lot of colourful language reminiscent of an 80s used car salesman.
    Ink is also a Canucks fan and was active in the NHL forum. He's definitely not BC Jamie lol.

With that said, if the real-gm accounts are true, there is a good chance BC read what fans had to say on here.
    Last edited by aman_13; 06-13-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Siakam playing pick up at UCLA:

Ink said he chats with 'real' basketball minds IRL all the time and that's why he is beyond us simpletons and doesn't need to justify himself to us. Since he gets the real truth from actual basketball professionals. He got 0 satisfaction talking to us and he was only here to prevent the spread of misinformation. Kinda miss sparring with him.

He kept mentioning he was busy at a presser so I always assumed he worked in media.
    didn't he say he did? i swore i read that at some point

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well we didn’t have much choice. The only reason we got anything was because he agreed to a S&T so that Toronto would atleast get something. With Demar there’s control for a few years with his contract
    The only reason we got anything was because Riley threw us a bone. They didn’t need us to participate to get the deal done.

I wouldn't mind Parsons + 4. Seems like Memphis is intent on being a treadmill team. We have the pieces to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    didn't he say he did? i swore i read that at some point
    Yeah, from conversations I had with him it sounded like he was a sports media producer. If I remember correctly I think he said he used to work on the broadcast with the Grizzlies when they were in Vancouver. He wasn’t BC lol

I wouldn't mind Parsons + 4. Seems like Memphis is intent on being a treadmill team. We have the pieces to make it happen.
    That wouldn't be a bad place to start....If they would take Ibaka and Poeltl for Parsons + the #4 pick would be ideal (obviously)......Parsons makes 24M next year and Ibaka make just under 22 so the salaries work out pretty well. As much as I like Poeltl's athleticism as a 7 footer, I like Bebe's shot blocking, passing and ability to shoot the 3 even more. I think JV earned the right to play 30+ mpg next year, and clearing some o the competition at the 5 should make it easier for Nurse to make that happen. Parsons is a knock down 3pt shooter when he is healthy and the #4 pick. There are a lot more than 3 good players in this draft. Michael Porter could fall to 4, which could be franchise changing....Jaren Jackson is the youngest player in the draft, and already very gifted at both ends of the floor with incredible length. Mo Bamba could be the next Rudy Gobert with his size and athleticism.