Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Ball & Ingram could land a superstar I'd imagine. They could get LBJ, another big FA, and trade the 2 young guys for another star
    Somebody has a proposal in the NBA forum where they can land Paul George and Kawhi Leonard to go with James. It works financially anyways.

nope unless u count the teams with no chance like ATL or IND
    I think in that situation, they would have to have a clear deck like Miami did that time. So they could bring in three max players to an empty roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Not enough against the Warriors.
    I'd agree in most cases, but it depends who the other 2 stars are.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Somebody has a proposal in the NBA forum where they can land Paul George and Kawhi Leonard to go with James. It works financially anyways.
    thats what i was thinking

Lowry for Jamal Murray, Faried, and Plumblee

Derozan for Ingram, Kuzma, Deng

Salaries work but we do have to take back a few bad contracts (Deng, Faried, plumblee)

But we add some young talent to the young group of players we have: Murray, Ingram, Kuzma, Siakam, Jonas, FVV, Wright, JP

I think the Lakers laugh in our face on that one

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

In that scenario we don't have any SG unless you're assuming Powell is back to form.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lowry for Jamal Murray, Faried, and Plumblee

Derozan for Ingram, Kuzma, Deng

Salaries work but we do have to take back a few bad contracts (Deng, Faried, plumblee)

But we add some young talent to the young group of players we have: Murray, Ingram, Kuzma, Siakam, Jonas, FVV, Wright, JP
    I doubt DD fetches you that kinda return. Trading DD will be difficult based on the value other teams may see. Canít trade him for scraps either

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I think the Lakers laugh in our face on that one

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Denver probably does too. I'm higher on Murray than most tho

Denver would probably prefer Murray because they have some good young talent on that team that they would likely want to develop together. Lowry doesn't put them over the top. However, that isn't the best derozan trade. Lakers would likely do that. Not sure if I would though

Casey signed in Detroit. interested to see what he can do with that cash-strapped squad. If he can take them to like the 5th seed next year it'd be a hell of an accomplishment

Casey signed in Detroit. interested to see what he can do with that cash-strapped squad. If he can take them to like the 5th seed next year it'd be a hell of an accomplishment
    Then get swept 😏

5 years, $7M per year... it's a pretty big deal. I'm glad to see him land a big one so quickly!

It will be interesting to see how DC schemes his defense against the Raptors next season if there isn't a massive turnover on the roster...

People thinking Derozan doesn't have value need to give their head a shake. He was still voted as the 2nd All NBA team SG this season. Ibaka and Lowry may be tough to get quality for due to performance and contract (respectively), but if they trade DD in his prime for kids and scraps that will be almost as bad as trading VC for garbage back in the day. If you don't get a legit offer that could make you better, you don't get rid of someone who is only 28 and been an all star 4 of the last 5 seasons. (And the only reason it isn't 5 straight seasons is because he missed a good chunk of the first half in 2014-15.) He should be an all-star for the next 5-7 years in the Eastern Conference for crying out loud.

Lowry wasn't the reason why they lost in the playoffs either. He showed up and played great efficient basketball. Exactly what you want your leaders to do. This team had a rookie and a 2nd year player who didn't even start this year trying to guard the 2nd best player to ever play this game..( behind MJ of course).. and he played out of his mind to beat them (and a very good Celtics team). I mean, how many times has Lebron ever been able to shoot contested 20 ft fade away jump shots from all over the floor like he did this year in the playoffs. I can't ever remember him being able to shoot like that. I mean, they managed to hold him to 3 for 18 from behind the arc, and only gave him 10+ FTA's twice. They almost beat him twice (and really should have won game 1)..and then they essentially caved in game 4 when they knew the outcome was inevitable.....just like Cleveland did in the Finals against Golden State in game 4.

This is still a very young team that won 59 games playing a totally new system. I don't think they need to "blow it up" at all. I mean, if you can get something like a mid first round or future 1st round pick or something for Ibaka you do it. Or if you can take Ibaka and one or two young players and turn them into a 3rd all-star you do it, but other than that I say you just give this team a new coach who knows how to run a better offense than Nick Nurse.

Lowry, Derozan, OG, Siakam and JV is still a very good starting 5 imo the way OG and Siakam looked in the playoffs. Those two kids can really play defense, and the 3 vets know how to put the ball in the basket. There is still a TONNE of room for organic growth on this team too. Look how much better Pascal was this year compared to last year on both sides of the ball. Look how much better JV was this year. OG will be going into his second season and one more year removed from knee surgery. I expect we will see an even better defender and a more explosive player going to the basket next year. You know Derozan will be improved in some fashion again next year as he has consistently improved every other off season.

I say they go into the tax to bring back FVV and keep this train moving forward.

I think DeRozan improves his defense this offseason. Now that he's draining 3's and passing the ball, it's the only area we can beat up on him about. I will say however that I noticed a big defensive improvment last season from him. He jumped out to intercept a lot of passes. I think his issue on defense is just conditioning. Dude gets tired.