Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i'm of the opinion that they have a better chance surviving by making him a sympathetic figure and having the wife take the fall than any scenario where they lie, deny and then say "ok you caught me/us". remember, this isn't a court of law. they don't need to prove his involvement to fire him. they need something to turn up that casts serious doubt that it was either him or a close family member.
    But again youre already jumping to the conclusion that they are somehow at fault. You skipped a ton of steps to get there.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 06-04-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Its hard to have the conversation I think given.youcve basically assumed his to be guilty in some way.

He's on the hot seat and is more likely to resign than get fired because of this scandal. but Right now theres 2 sitatuioms that should happen.

1. Deny it because they didnt do it.

2. Deny it even if you did do it becaise the claim in itself is so ridiculous and it would be hard to prove you are guilty. You take that to your grave

Even if he did do it and there was like real evidence to this, it would be insulting to suggest to have my kid of wife take the blame.
    different moral compasses I suppose.

starting to think I was wrong to suggest it was ink. claims are ridiculous? who would say that after reading the full report I wonder

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-04-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

But again youre already jumping to the conclusion that they are somehow at fault. You skipped a ton of steps to get there.
    no I'm not. I've stated like every time this is based on the idea that the wife has some involvement here. you know I did, which is why you stated that you think they should unequivocally lie to avoid responsibility

edit: I actually failed to mention it the first time but I clarified after that

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 06-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm seriously thinking it might be about the Lithuanian PG turned coach. Just won Euroleague coach of the year. Young and has new fresh ideas. Really groom's meh PG's into all stars. Could lead to a successful Lowry trade if he takes FVV and Wright under his wing. Problem is I believe he can't interview until the season is over in a couple weeks.

I like that it's taking a while because I don't want just some coach who has spun their wheels elsewhere. Like I have no interest in Carlyle. Or lue or any other current coach outside of pop and Stevens. None of the other coaches have proven their system is superior in any way. Just another system that can win with talent or lose without it. Pops and Stevens have proven they can take middle of the pack talent to the playoffs every year. There is something to be said for that.
    Kobe for coach.
    Ripped from somewhere which will remain unnamed:

Sarunas Jasikevicius. Some of you may know him, some of you not, so here is a little bit about him. One of the best European point guards to ever play a game, won Euroleague titles with almost every team he played and for that he was being called "the golden boy" because wherever he goes - titles follow. Some of you may know him for raping team USA in 2004 Olympics by himself (watch on Youtube, worth seeing). So, he started his career as a coach 3 years ago and is already probably the best coach in the Euroleague. His basketball IQ is one of the highest in the world, he prepares for every game, is a perfect x's and o's coach and outcoached almost every coach he played against. He coaches Zalgiris Kaunas at the moment, team with no stars, one of the smallest budget teams in the Euroleague and he leaded this team to a Euroleague Final 4 for the first time since 1999, before him it was impossible to get to the Final 4 because we just didn't have the money to buy the right players, so he just bought young and hungry players and developed them into stars of Euroleague. He always have a game plan, attacks opponents weaknesses, hide our weaknesses and he have the ultimate alpha dog mentality which he gives to his players. If you don't show up or don't follow the game plan - you rot on the bench. He is basically the Brad Stevens of Europe, he is a winner wherever he goes and is one of the best x's and o's coach in the whole world possibly because let's be honest, only Pop and Stevens are the real coaches in this league, other are just motivators to their players. He will win COTY of Euroleague this season and that's not an easy thing to do, because it's not given just for the regular season success but for the whole season succes (not like in Casey's case) I know it would be almost impossible to bring him to Toronto and as a Zalgiris Kaunas fan i wouldn't like him to leave us, but this is the perfect example of what this team needs. It doesn't neccesarily have to be him, but hiring Stack, Nurse, Rex, Messina ( he was a basketball genius and probably the most respected coach the Euroleague has seen, buthis basketball psilosophy is well aged and he doesn't have new ideas to be the head coach anymore, that was obvious in his last years in Europe). You need someone like Jasikevicius and Masai is very good in finding talent, so i think someone from NCAA would be good, or he should really just give a chance to Blatt (a real chance, not to be Lebrons puppet). What are your toughts about this? (sorry if i made mistakes, english is not my first language so it's a bit hard to write texts that are so long)
    Pop invited him to be a part of his staff but he declined.
    Burried in Colangelo. Anyone else heard of this guy?

You guys can bring back the off topic thread if you’d like. I won’t ban anyone, shoot I don’t think I’ve ever given out an infraction lol

i'm of the opinion that they have a better chance surviving by making him a sympathetic figure and having the wife take the fall than any scenario where they lie, deny and then say "ok you caught me/us". remember, this isn't a court of law. they don't need to prove his involvement to fire him. they need something to turn up that casts serious doubt that it was either him or a close family member.
    the public opinion might be to feel bad for him but the Sixers fans and players would want him the **** outta there still. They don't like him at all

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    the public opinion might be to feel bad for him but the Sixers fans and players would want him the **** outta there still. They don't like him at all
    i hear you. but that was the case before anyways, it's not like that mattered.

no I'm not. I've stated like every time this is based on the idea that the wife has some involvement here. you know I did, which is why you stated that you think they should unequivocally lie to avoid responsibility

edit: I actually failed to mention it the first time but I clarified after that

I still think it would be a reach still to get to that point and it wouod be hard to prove it, which is why they can still deny it evem if theres a ton of speculation.

Really if they admit it, no one is feeling bad for them and they have a real reason not to hire colangelo. Not like people give anyone credit for being honest. At least if they deny it (and cover it up), theres still that doubt.

I still think it would be a reach still to get to that point and it wouod be hard to prove it, which is why they can still deny it evem if theres a ton of speculation.

Really if they admit it, no one is feeling bad for them and they have a real reason not to hire colangelo. Not like people give anyone credit for being honest. At least if they deny it (and cover it up), theres still that doubt.
    honest question. did you read the report, word for word? have you watched much coverage of this thing? if there is not a single piece of damning circumstantial evidence comes out of this (beyond what has already been uncovered or reported) you think they can deny and the 76ers will be like, "ok. he didn't do it. moving on..." and Colangelo keeps his job? That's what you are making it sound like and that's certainly not my impression.

IMO he is in so deep here the only way he continues to work as an executive or gets another position is if they find strong evidence that it is someone outside his family or him himself. If it's him, he's ****ed. if they can't prove it's not him, he's ****ed. the only thing I think would give him any chance would be his wife coming out strongly and accepting all the blame, and making a show of it. the spouse angle is a truly unique one, because if there is one person you can forgive him for telling it's the wife.

honest question. did you read the report, word for word? have you watched much coverage of this thing? if there is not a single piece of damning circumstantial evidence comes out of this (beyond what has already been uncovered or reported) you think they can deny and the 76ers will be like, "ok. he didn't do it. moving on..." and Colangelo keeps his job? That's what you are making it sound like and that's certainly not my impression.

IMO he is in so deep here the only way he continues to work as an executive or gets another position is if they find strong evidence that it is someone outside his family or him himself. If it's him, he's ****ed. if they can't prove it's not him, he's ****ed. the only thing I think would give him any chance would be his wife coming out strongly and accepting all the blame, and making a show of it. the spouse angle is a truly unique one, because if there is one person you can forgive him for telling it's the wife.

I already said he's probably going to be pressured to resign, guilty or not. Doubt he'll get fired before he resigns.

That dorsnt mean he did it. and hes not going to get another job anyway so why admit to it even if he did. No one is feelig sorry for him if his wife did it.

Teams avoided him before and his daddy probably played a role in his being hired to begin with. So even if he had no faukt, teams will wrongly avoid him even if it was his wife.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 06-04-2018 at 01:47 PM.

I'm getting ready to order my Eric Jr 76ers jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc.:32378689
    I'm seriously thinking it might be about the Lithuanian PG turned coach. Just won Euroleague coach of the year. Young and has new fresh ideas. Really groom's meh PG's into all stars. Could lead to a successful Lowry trade if he takes FVV and Wright under his wing. Problem is I believe he can't interview until the season is over in a couple weeks.

I like that it's taking a while because I don't want just some coach who has spun their wheels elsewhere. Like I have no interest in Carlyle. Or lue or any other current coach outside of pop and Stevens. None of the other coaches have proven their system is superior in any way. Just another system that can win with talent or lose without it. Pops and Stevens have proven they can take middle of the pack talent to the playoffs every year. There is something to be said for that.
    Kobe for coach.
    Ripped from somewhere which will remain unnamed:

Sarunas Jasikevicius. Some of you may know him, some of you not, so here is a little bit about him. One of the best European point guards to ever play a game, won Euroleague titles with almost every team he played and for that he was being called "the golden boy" because wherever he goes - titles follow. Some of you may know him for raping team USA in 2004 Olympics by himself (watch on Youtube, worth seeing). So, he started his career as a coach 3 years ago and is already probably the best coach in the Euroleague. His basketball IQ is one of the highest in the world, he prepares for every game, is a perfect x's and o's coach and outcoached almost every coach he played against. He coaches Zalgiris Kaunas at the moment, team with no stars, one of the smallest budget teams in the Euroleague and he leaded this team to a Euroleague Final 4 for the first time since 1999, before him it was impossible to get to the Final 4 because we just didn't have the money to buy the right players, so he just bought young and hungry players and developed them into stars of Euroleague. He always have a game plan, attacks opponents weaknesses, hide our weaknesses and he have the ultimate alpha dog mentality which he gives to his players. If you don't show up or don't follow the game plan - you rot on the bench. He is basically the Brad Stevens of Europe, he is a winner wherever he goes and is one of the best x's and o's coach in the whole world possibly because let's be honest, only Pop and Stevens are the real coaches in this league, other are just motivators to their players. He will win COTY of Euroleague this season and that's not an easy thing to do, because it's not given just for the regular season success but for the whole season succes (not like in Casey's case) I know it would be almost impossible to bring him to Toronto and as a Zalgiris Kaunas fan i wouldn't like him to leave us, but this is the perfect example of what this team needs. It doesn't neccesarily have to be him, but hiring Stack, Nurse, Rex, Messina ( he was a basketball genius and probably the most respected coach the Euroleague has seen, buthis basketball psilosophy is well aged and he doesn't have new ideas to be the head coach anymore, that was obvious in his last years in Europe). You need someone like Jasikevicius and Masai is very good in finding talent, so i think someone from NCAA would be good, or he should really just give a chance to Blatt (a real chance, not to be Lebrons puppet). What are your toughts about this? (sorry if i made mistakes, english is not my first language so it's a bit hard to write texts that are so long)
    Pop invited him to be a part of his staff but he declined.
    Burried in Colangelo. Anyone else heard of this guy?
    I've read about him as well. Definitely an intriguing option. Not sure how realistic though.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I've read about him as well. Definitely an intriguing option. Not sure how realistic though.
    Even if he is good, would raptors bold enough to go after him? After the high profile firing of DC, raptors kind of under pressure to bring someone safe.

I'm actually most interested in seeing the lawsuit that comes from okafor and how that shakes out. this is fascinating isn't it? just think of how many people will be scouring the web for any hint of their rep being smeared looking for a payout

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
    12m12 minutes ago
    More

Toronto President Masai Ujiri interviewed Zalgris (Lithuania) coach Sarunas Jasikevicius for the Raptors head coaching job, league sources tell ESPN. Jasikevicius is a young EuroLeague coaching star and former NBA player