Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 142 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 2130
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,650
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Whatever happened to Freakazoid?

    He was very active and then just suddenly stopped posting. Around the same time ink disappeared for a bit. Interesting...
    thats another great name but without creating a full on toxic environment here - if I have not laid the groundwork already - I don't remember him being that kind of poster

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer:32376076
    thats another great name but without creating a full on toxic environment here - if I have not laid the groundwork already - I don't remember him being that kind of poster

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Yeah he was just a basketball guy. Really knew his stuff, especially regarding xs and os. Actually I remember this place being very toxic a couple years ago. Probably a big reason why so many posters left. It was very negative.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,871
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Whatever happened to Freakazoid?

    He was very active and then just suddenly stopped posting. Around the same time ink disappeared for a bit. Interesting...
    He actually PMed me telling he was sick of Ink and would stop posting. This was around the time Ink was in a power trip. The guy blatantly baited people and talked down to them.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,871
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    It is. All the lotto's are. It came out during the NHL CBA lock out negotiations that it was built into the system that Bettman can choose to grant a team the 1st overall regardless of the lotto balls. NBA especially would have something like this built in. They'd be stupid not to.
    I don't think the whole thing is rigged, but 1st overall is in league control.
    I asked him the same thing and was never provided anything. What made it worse was he said he had "proof" it was rigged.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,871
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Woah.

    Hopefully this brings out all the vets haha
    Winning is too boring to talk about that's why lol.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Geargo Wallace? Him and Saddler (and a someone I can't remember), dominated the OT thread in its hayday here; well until everyone in there either had to deal with infractions/bans because the thread "went against the grain" to put it politely

    I miss those days.
    Would explain why I don’t remember him. Never really looked at the off-topic threads

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32376100

    He actually PMed me telling he was sick of Ink and would stop posting. This was around the time Ink was in a power trip. The guy blatantly baited people and talked down to them.
    Yeah that was the toxic time I was referring to. That's too bad. He was a good poster.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ok, well I'm doubling down. it's ink.

    - his incredibly pro organization stance that turned to total pessimism as soon as Masai took over. he was also a total narcissist. much like the Italian stallion.

    - major ego stroker

    - he also spoke extensively of basketball Canada and familiarity with Jay Triano.you would certainly expect that from the GM of Canada's team.

    - my final point won't sound like much as far as evidence but in my gut it resonates as strongly as anything.

    there was a day when completely out of nowhere he launched the most aggressive Chris Bosh must go campaign and it was right smack dab in the middle of Bosh's last season under contract - he banged that drum incessantly from that day forward.

    now I accused ink on numerous occasions of acting like someone who was paid to push the organization's agenda or point of view but I never gave any consideration that he might be an actual executive within the team but if we think about this...

    having a player of Bosh's caliber walk is a PR nightmare. are we really willing to believe that Colangelo did not know Bosh was non-committal about staying - or perhaps even likely to leave - until after the season? I don't believe that's the case. I have no doubt that conversations were had to gauge his intentions or feel him out. Chris Bosh is truly one of the nice guys in the game. I don't in my heart feel like he would completely blindside BC. never have. at some point Colangelo was pretty much aware Chris had his heart elsewhere.

    that weird switch ink flipped where he roasted Bosh daily was consistent with someone prepping fans for a Bosh-less future, one where we were all better off for it. mixed with anger. IMO.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Talked to him enough that I’m pretty sure he wasn’t BC lol.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Geargo Wallace? Him and Saddler (and a someone I can't remember), dominated the OT thread in its hayday here; well until everyone in there either had to deal with infractions/bans because the thread "went against the grain" to put it politely

    I miss those days.
    maharajahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


  10. #250
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,475
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah he was just a basketball guy. Really knew his stuff, especially regarding xs and os. Actually I remember this place being very toxic a couple years ago. Probably a big reason why so many posters left. It was very negative.
    Yeah the site wasn’t the best place a few years ago and was a big reason I haven’t been around

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca:32376150
    null
    Yeah there wasn't much room for conversation back then. Everything went back to chicken and egg debates between coaches and players.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32376112

    Winning is too boring to talk about that's why lol.
    Yeah I get it. Things just got stagnated.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    T Dot O Dot
    Posts
    18,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Geargo Wallace? Him and Saddler (and a someone I can't remember), dominated the OT thread in its hayday here; well until everyone in there either had to deal with infractions/bans because the thread "went against the grain" to put it politely

    I miss those days.
    MaHaRaJaH

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ok, well I'm doubling down. it's ink.

    - his incredibly pro organization stance that turned to total pessimism as soon as Masai took over. he was also a total narcissist. much like the Italian stallion.

    - major ego stroker

    - he also spoke extensively of basketball Canada and familiarity with Jay Triano.you would certainly expect that from the GM of Canada's team.

    - my final point won't sound like much as far as evidence but in my gut it resonates as strongly as anything.

    there was a day when completely out of nowhere he launched the most aggressive Chris Bosh must go campaign and it was right smack dab in the middle of Bosh's last season under contract - he banged that drum incessantly from that day forward.

    now I accused ink on numerous occasions of acting like someone who was paid to push the organization's agenda or point of view but I never gave any consideration that he might be an actual executive within the team but if we think about this...

    having a player of Bosh's caliber walk is a PR nightmare. are we really willing to believe that Colangelo did not know Bosh was non-committal about staying - or perhaps even likely to leave - until after the season? I don't believe that's the case. I have no doubt that conversations were had to gauge his intentions or feel him out. Chris Bosh is truly one of the nice guys in the game. I don't in my heart feel like he would completely blindside BC. never have. at some point Colangelo was pretty much aware Chris had his heart elsewhere.

    that weird switch ink flipped where he roasted Bosh daily was consistent with someone prepping fans for a Bosh-less future, one where we were all better off for it. mixed with anger. IMO.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Just putting a little more thought into it now. And might be reaching a lot here. But I wonder if teams put guys out there to come to these types of sites just to do as you say. Push the management's agenda. Perhaps to soften the blow to what will be coming, maybe to gauge fans reactions, sometimes to defend the team and praise the team when they feel they deserve it. One guy, 40 hours a week could certainly touch a lot of sites and get the message out there that they want delivered. The thing is we all have our own views of what the FO says publicly, but when it's perceived as coming from a regular Joe Raptor Fan, we view the opinion differently, good or bad.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,250
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon:32376183
    MaHaRaJaH
    I remember him. He got perma banned and this forum was so upset.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •