Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Kyrie Irving?
    Hell yes! But Danny Ainge is sharp. We have to give up a lot.

Bud will coach the Bucks.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    If suns have a brain cramp they may do it. how about mavs for that 5th pick and wesley matthews?
    That works too

Nurse is the speculated favourite right now? So why should we expect anything different? Nurse was responsible for the Raptors offense and yet we saw the Raptors stagnate for most of the playoffs and didn't see any adjustments.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

the trade proposals in here are nuts

I said earlier that I'd be ok with anyone... Let me correct that - anyone but Nurse. Nothing against the guy, other than it's too much of the same voice again. It would be very disappointing if continuity was brought up again as a coaching argument.

We need a clean break. That's why even Stackhouse is a little iffy on my mind.

Good fit for Budenholzer in Milwaukee. He definitely can help them.

As for us, still hoping for Stackhouse or Hammon.

I don't love the idea of giving one of the assistant coaches the reigns.

i actually like the Nurse idea the more I think of it. i think if I am Masai I am gauging the likelihood of Stackhouse actually landing a position as HC this off-season and if i feel that he isn't likely to get one i am comfortable with Nurse. he has a reputation for being incredibly innovative offensively, if you want someone who might be exploiting analytic trends and creating maximum opportunities for our guys offensively he might be a good hire. i'm not concerned about the fact that he was an assistant to Casey - i feel like it's a job and if you are a pro you do your job and support the ultimate decision maker - i don't feel like thats a reflection on Nurse at all. mind you i don't think the new voice thing is a legit reason he lost his job anyways. they needed a goat.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    the trade proposals in here are nuts
    Just getting creative is all 😆

I agree these trades are dumb.

I'd be ok with nurse because as you all know I want an offensive minded coach.

Nurse has kept us as one of the top offensive teams through 5 years I believe. Tons of player turnover, players with very limited skill sets, barely any outside shooting at times, and a coach that chooses the players on the court based on defensive effort, not offensive production.

He seems calmer than Casey as well. I think refs grew unresponsive to Casey's screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nurse has kept us as one of the top offensive teams through 5 years I believe.
    I don't know that we can, at the same time, give Nurse the credit for being the top offensive team (in regular season!), and blame Casey for offense being woefully unprepared and predictable in playoffs.

In addition, 4 of those 5 years were not something I want to see again -- everybody and their dog knew that the no-passing offense that relies on free throws and long two point jumpers is going to crash and burn in playoffs, as it did. The last year was the only one where they actually showed something resembling a system that could work in playoffs. If Nurse had anything to do with how they played in those first 4 years, I don't want him.

If we're going to see a real change in attitude, preparedness, and buy-in from the stars, it has to be a brand-new person, somebody who can say something completely new, someone that will make the players listen to what they have to say. Nurse, Kalamian, Stackhouse, they are all too familiar to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    I don't know that we can, at the same time, give Nurse the credit for being the top offensive team (in regular season!), and blame Casey for offense being woefully unprepared and predictable in playoffs.

In addition, 4 of those 5 years were not something I want to see again -- everybody and their dog knew that the no-passing offense that relies on free throws and long two point jumpers is going to crash and burn in playoffs, as it did. The last year was the only one where they actually showed something resembling a system that could work in playoffs. If Nurse had anything to do with how they played in those first 4 years, I don't want him.

If we're going to see a real change in attitude, preparedness, and buy-in from the stars, it has to be a brand-new person, somebody who can say something completely new, someone that will make the players listen to what they have to say. Nurse, Kalamian, Stackhouse, they are all too familiar to everyone.
    agreed. I'm indifferent about Nurse. I'd prefer Stackhouse to him.

Fred might have priced himself out of the Raptors price range after being named a 6th man of the year finalist.

Stack is pro switching but leans towards calculated and strategic switching rather than switch everything. He's not against pace but has a preference towards getting into the offense. Based on his interview, it's not surprising that his team finished 30th in that category, despite repeatedly acknowledging that he would like to run when the opportunity presents itself.

I'm not sure what to think of Stack. This will really be a wait and see evaluation.

The reality is the coaching change doesn't really move the needle. Roster changes will really define this off season. Ideally they add more versatility in the backcourt. Time to move one of the bigs.

Page 6 of 143 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast