Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159
Results 2,371 to 2,377 of 2377
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    A lot of Jimmy Butler talk. What would you give up to get him?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I was just thinking, do we have enough chips left to get him? That could be crazy.

Ibaka and OG might get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Ibaka and OG might get it done.
    That's a steep price to pay for one year of Butler... The OG part, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    That's a steep price to pay for one year of Butler... The OG part, of course.
    Would the deal help resign Kawhi?

The Ibaka contract off the books, would give financial relief a year early if Jimmy leaves.

Regardless of those factors, I agree with you. It would also completely unbalance our roster towards guards and wings with far too few big men.

Butler is a disgruntled expiring who has been relatively unhealthy throughout his career. I don't think his trade value is that high. I also don't think there are a lot of teams that are willing to go into a bidding war with such a strong FA class. But Minny is kind of hard to read since their ownership is so old school, they only do business with people they know so I don't know.
    Last edited by ecart; Today at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Would the deal help resign Kawhi?

The Ibaka contract off the books, would give financial relief a year early if Jimmy leaves.

Regardless of those factors, I agree with you. It would also completely unbalance our roster towards guards and wings with far too few big men.
    If Butler was coming in for 2 or 3 years, I could see it helping keep Kawhi... and would make the trade much more interesting. But if he comes in and leaves after one year, that's almost going to work the other way, encourage Kawhi to look elsewhere, as well... After all, he'd be able to safely say that the team will be getting worse with Butler leaving, and the future in Toronto would look a lot less exciting.

The financial relief helps, but we wouldn't be looking at room to sign a max star... it probably doesn't even put us under the cap if we resign Kawhi.. so, at best, we get a better MLE, or something like that.

We'd pretty much have to win the championship to make an argument to both that they should stay. And, even with Butler, we'd be heavy underdogs in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    If Butler was coming in for 2 or 3 years, I could see it helping keep Kawhi... and would make the trade much more interesting. But if he comes in and leaves after one year, that's almost going to work the other way, encourage Kawhi to look elsewhere, as well... After all, he'd be able to safely say that the team will be getting worse with Butler leaving, and the future in Toronto would look a lot less exciting.

The financial relief helps, but we wouldn't be looking at room to sign a max star... it probably doesn't even put us under the cap if we resign Kawhi.. so, at best, we get a better MLE, or something like that.

We'd pretty much have to win the championship to make an argument to both that they should stay. And, even with Butler, we'd be heavy underdogs in the finals.
    You'd only make the deal under the premise you believe you can convince both to stay. I don't know if you'd need a championship or not for that.

In either sense I'm not sure Butler would elevate us enough to be worth it. I really like the mix of players we have right now for this season. Butler might even be a case of going a step too far and breaking up possible synergies that we haven't seen play out yet. ie. I love the idea of having the SF/PF positions primary made up by a 3 man rotation of Anunoby/Siakam/Leonard. We'd virtually have 2 of those 3 on the court at all times.

If Nurse is the creative thinker he sells himself as, I'd love to see what he can do with this assortment of long/rangy defenders.