Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 161 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    I wonder if the bookies know something we don't.

Here is one idea without DeMar or Lowry included. CJ Miles + OG Anunoby + Valanciunas + 1st round pick for Kawhi Leonard

Lowry - DeRozan - Leonard - Siakam - Ibaka
    Bench: FVV - Powell - Wright - Poeltl

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I wonder if the bookies know something we don't.
    They normally do. Lakers were heavy favs to get LBJ from the get go based on vegas numbers. So now raps are being the favorite to land KL. Getting interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Here is one idea without DeMar or Lowry included. CJ Miles + OG Anunoby + Valanciunas + 1st round pick for Kawhi Leonard

Lowry - DeRozan - Leonard - Siakam - Ibaka
    Bench: FVV - Powell - Wright - Poeltl
    I love DeMar but I am expecting something more like:

DeMar, Powell for Leonard and Pau. I would expect the Spurs to also want Poeltl in a deal but I am not sure how that works out.

Speaking about Alkins... he seems to be driving into traffic and finding it more difficult to get shots to drop. Really needs to work on his shot.

For some reason I see JV as one of the main centre pieces of a deal with the Spurs, but I don't like that. Imo the goal should be to create a killer starting 5 of
    Lowry or FVV
    DeMar
    Kawhi
    OG or Siakam
    JV.

Moving DeMar for Kawhi makes no sense at all. Its a step down when you factor in the injury, locker room issues and Kawhi being a possible rental. Its a non starter.

I can't see Lowry being one of the pieces the Spurs would want. I think it might end up OG + JV straight up. Maybe a pick but I don't even think so - I don't think the Spurs are getting the offers they were expecting.

My ideal trade is Siakam + poertle + wright + 1st. Possibly Powell to match salaries.
    Or Ibaka + Siakam + poertle or wright + 1st. (less likely but a good trade for Toronto)

If you can somehow keep OG and JV and add Kawhi to that starting lineup we are starting to look like the beasts of the east and possibly winning a couple games in the finals against GSW.

I think Vegas knows we have an offer on the table involving OG and he is looking great in summer league - sparking the rise in our odds.

Is BeBe still on the market? Me proposing involving poertle in the deal hinges on being able to retain BeBe in the back up role.

I think Alkins is just trying to do too much ATM. Not letting the game come to him.

For some reason I see JV as one of the main centre pieces of a deal with the Spurs, but I don't like that. Imo the goal should be to create a killer starting 5 of
    Lowry or FVV
    DeMar
    Kawhi
    OG or Siakam
    JV.

Moving DeMar for Kawhi makes no sense at all. Its a step down when you factor in the injury, locker room issues and Kawhi being a possible rental. Its a non starter.

I can't see Lowry being one of the pieces the Spurs would want. I think it might end up OG + JV straight up. Maybe a pick but I don't even think so - I don't think the Spurs are getting the offers they were expecting.

My ideal trade is Siakam + poertle + wright + 1st. Possibly Powell to match salaries.
    Or Ibaka + Siakam + poertle or wright + 1st. (less likely but a good trade for Toronto)

If you can somehow keep OG and JV and add Kawhi to that starting lineup we are starting to look like the beasts of the east and possibly winning a couple games in the finals against GSW.

I think Vegas knows we have an offer on the table involving OG and he is looking great in summer league - sparking the rise in our odds.
    It makes sense if you want to get rid of DD's contract. If raptors want to move on from DD, this would be a great opportunity. With DD as #1A option, raptors aren't going far.

So the Raptors are the favorites now? They are just playing with us.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Spurs have very few big men on their roster (who else beyond Aldridge and Gasol?). I see a fit for a big there to work beneath the veterans. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted JV or probably more likely, Poeltl.

Add OG as a natural young and controllable SF replacement for Kawhi and then the conversation is salaries, fair value each way and player fits.

Lowry or FVV
    DeMar
    Kawhi
    OG or Siakam
    JV.

JV, Oral G and 2 firsts. Not my preferred trade by any means.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-12-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    So the Raptors are the favorites now? They are just playing with us.
    no, they are just catching up. it was meant to play out this way. we are at a dead end and our 2 biggest threats have a great future so why mess it up taking this risk. we also have an entire second team made up of spurs type, young, guys. to me we were always the most likely scenario, especially if Pop wants to shove it up Kawhi's ***.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 07-12-2018 at 05:29 PM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    JV, Oral G and 2 firsts. Not my preferred trade by any means.
    It is better than dealing combinations of Siakam, Poeltl, Wright and FVV in my opinion. Pick need to be projected as late (and protected otherwise) though. I like OG, but I don't think he ever becomes the player Kawhi is (or close). JV is a valuable big man, but with Ibaka better served at C (IMO) and probably untradeable for any type of value and Poeltl developing, he has a replacement for short and long term set up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I love DeMar but I am expecting something more like:

DeMar, Powell for Leonard and Pau. I would expect the Spurs to also want Poeltl in a deal but I am not sure how that works out.

Speaking about Alkins... he seems to be driving into traffic and finding it more difficult to get shots to drop. Really needs to work on his shot.
    Spurs have very few big men. Doubt they trade a SF and PF/C for 2 guards.

as much as I desperately want Derozan in this trade, JV is just so much easier to picture being an attractive asset to the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    as much as I desperately want Derozan in this trade, JV is just so much easier to picture being an attractive asset to the Spurs.

Yup. Or Lowry for that matter (although he makes 10 million extra, so salary implication are more complicated). If anything does go down, I'd bet on Lowry + Poeltl + OG for Kawhi plus other value or JV + OG + more contracts for Kawhi
    Last edited by pebloemer; 07-12-2018 at 05:58 PM.