Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Mets @ Reds

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ultimately it's on Sandy. Managers and coaches can't hit for their players. Only the players can do that. And if they can't that means they're not good. And since we know that players don't come here on their own accord, that is, someone has to hire them, we have to blame the dude that hires them.

And yeah, that dude would be Sandy.
    Yeah but that thread you made 3 years ago, “Fire Terry Collins Now!”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Yes of course - that was part of my “calculation”. Other factors already were mentioned.

Nonetheless, I caught a fish asleep at the wheel! Mission accomplished. I don't need you to tell me it was brilliant, I think Brooklyn should tell me it was brilliant since it so confounded him that he called me an idiot - many times. Lulz.

I was being sarcastic. No calculation necessary but then again no one would have expected Cabrera to be this good. That said, don't be surprised to see the gap close if Murphy comes back healthy because Cabrera is not the hitter he's been so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Why is it that year after year after year, we have a team that can't hit the damn baseball consistently? Is it on Sandy? Is it on the scouting department? The Wilpons? How can it possibly be THIS difficult to identify and acquire respectable major league hitters? Every other team seems to be able to do it. Where is our Votto? Our Judge? Altuve? Seager? Harper? Posey? Rizzo? Etc...

In the past 10 years we've had three players who could be counted on to hit the ball day in, and day out. One has a broken neck. One is a professional athlete who gets hurt every time he RUNS!! The third plays for the Nationals, because the people running the team didn't want him anymore. Meanwhile the Yankees manage to find 4 or 5 guys EVERY year who hit the cover off the baseball. Our team gets three hits in the same inning about twice a month, and it doesn't matter who they throw at us. We make everyone look like Nolan Ryan. Truly incredible.

What a complete **** show of an offense, and an organization.
    Dilly dilly...

Dug, If TC is the second best manager in team history it is obviously only because nearly every one of our managers have been clueless! Cuz anyone who has any baseball sense whatsoever could see he's a terrible MLB manager.

You constantly repeating yourself over and over about dumb **** doesn't make you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Although I'm sure you already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Seems early to completely write off Callaway. Not a fan yet either, but I don't yet know if he is a bust. TC was certainly not as bad as some tried to make him out to be, but it definitely seemed like it was time to move on. Whether Callaway was the right choice remains to be seen.
    The early returns are not favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by truthbtold View Post
    Why is it that year after year after year, we have a team that can't hit the damn baseball consistently? Is it on Sandy? Is it on the scouting department? The Wilpons? How can it possibly be THIS difficult to identify and acquire respectable major league hitters? Every other team seems to be able to do it. Where is our Votto? Our Judge? Altuve? Seager? Harper? Posey? Rizzo? Etc...

In the past 10 years we've had three players who could be counted on to hit the ball day in, and day out. One has a broken neck. One is a professional athlete who gets hurt every time he RUNS!! The third plays for the Nationals, because the people running the team didn't want him anymore. Meanwhile the Yankees manage to find 4 or 5 guys EVERY year who hit the cover off the baseball. Our team gets three hits in the same inning about twice a month, and it doesn't matter who they throw at us. We make everyone look like Nolan Ryan. Truly incredible.

What a complete **** show of an offense, and an organization.
    We had a decent offense last season. The problem was our pitching. This year, it's both.

The major issue with this team is it's too reliant on low-average, power hitters. Batting average isn't everything, obviously, but if yours is low it means you don't get a lot of hits. Well, there's a place for that kind of hitter in a lineup, maybe, but that's basically our entire lineup. I mean, the only guy in the lineup right now who has a career .280 BA or better is A-Gon, and that's not who he is anymore. Even Conforto, the guy who we all seem to think is a hitter with a great eye, has a .250 career average.

What it ultimately means is that there's a propensity for long slumps in every slot of that batting order.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I was being sarcastic. No calculation necessary but then again no one would have expected Cabrera to be this good. That said, don't be surprised to see the gap close if Murphy comes back healthy because Cabrera is not the hitter he's been so far this year.
    Why wouldn’t he close the gap. I only said Cabrera would have a “comparably” productive season. That diesn’t even mean a better season. I dud not predict Cabby would have a better year, just comparable - or “in the ballpark”.

Why wouldn’t he close the gap. I only said Cabrera would have a “comparably” productive season. That diesn’t even mean a better season. I dud not predict Cabby would have a better year, just comparable - or “in the ballpark”.

You couldn't have predicted that Cabrera would be this good. You could have certainly predicted that Murphy's injury would have cost him time during the season and for his performance to be affected by said injury.

And to that point, well no ****. Microfracture surgery is a big deal.

Sandy traded a decent prospect for Ramos last year. Sad

The lineup thing today. Sad

Mets @ Reds

Im not srguing lol, but tell that to Stuna who argued that Justin Turner came back from the same quite easily.

Im not srguing lol, but tell that to Stuna who argued that Justin Turner came back from the same quite easily.

We don't know what Murphy will be when he comes back but its not a stretch to suggest his performance might be affected to a certain extent. He's still feeling pain as we speak.

That said, it's really irrelevant what Cabrera is doing compared to Murphy. Cabrera will have 50 games on Murphy before David sees an AB this season.

You couldn't have predicted that Cabrera would be this good. You could have certainly predicted that Murphy's injury would have cost him time during the season and for his performance to be affected by said injury.

LOL it was a ****ing guess -- as is every "prediction". Some might be a little grounded, some might be a little more "tricksy", and some might be a complete shot in the dark. Point is, some people weren't wise enough to figure out why it could happen. Instead I caught a fish when they called the post delusional.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-09-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Dug, If TC is the second best manager in team history it is obviously only because nearly every one of our managers have been clueless! Cuz anyone who has any baseball sense whatsoever could see he's a terrible MLB manager.

You constantly repeating yourself over and over about dumb **** doesn't make you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Although I'm sure you already know that.
    Based on relative success, I’d rate Collins third. Hodges first, Johnson second. Fourth would be
    Valentine, fifth Randolph, sixth Berra. And I said success, as in postseason; not wins alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    Based on relative success, I’d rate Collins third. Hodges first, Johnson second. Fourth would be
    Valentine, fifth Randolph, sixth Berra. And I said success, as in postseason; not wins alone.
    Fifth Randolph? I’d put Wes Westrum ahead of Willie.

LOL it was a ****ing guess -- as is every "prediction". Some might be a little grounded, some might be a little more "tricksy", and some might be a complete shot in the dark. Point is, some people weren't wise enough to figure out why it could happen. Instead I caught a fish when they called the post delusional.
    Predictions are worthless, I agree.

However, I liked the call when you made it. Touché.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast