Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Eh...questionable track record IMO. I would be more comfortable if we still bring in Battier or a Billups in to be the day to day GM.

Casey I'm fine with, if the goal is to get the most out of this roster and get us into that 5-8th playoff range he's the guy IMO. I wouldn't expect more than a 2nd round exit (if that) during Casey's tenure with this current team... But if the goal is to simply be a competitive team in the East, I have faith Casey can accomplish that.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

In his role, Stefanski, 64, will assist in the searches now underway for a new head coach and new head of basketball operations; conduct a broad review of the existing structure in which the two jobs were previously combined; recommend enhancements and improvements to that structure; and act as a long-term strategic adviser to Mr. Gores and the Pistons’ ownership team.
    so he's just an advisor, sorta like Phil Jackson was I guess

so he's just an advisor, sorta like Phil Jackson was I guess
    Sounds like someone who can translate all this basketball mumbo jumbo to Gores and provide him monthly updates between benders

👑

The Detroit Pistons plan to interview TNT analyst and former NBA champion Kenny Smith for the franchise’s head coaching job, league sources tell Yahoo.
    Source: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...26559924551680

But why? I get this might just be a case of exploration but there has to be someone better out there with actual experience. Besides I like the dynamic he brings to TNT with Shaq and Charles.

IIRC the last time a Detroit sports team plucked a guy off TV to help run a team was Matt Millen. I would hope, assuming Kenny even gets the job, he is not that bad but it would also cement that this franchise is a joke.

👑

I don't understand the Kenny Smith HC interview either, especially since Vinny G states they already interviewed him before the combine and this would be his 2nd interview.

I do understand the Juwan Howard interview and am all for that. No retreads and someone who has been an assistant, yes please. They are doing this backwards though, they need to hire their president and GM first.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBuffoonery View Post
    I don't understand the Kenny Smith HC interview either, especially since Vinny G states they already interviewed him before the combine and this would be his 2nd interview.

I do understand the Juwan Howard interview and am all for that. No retreads and someone who has been an assistant, yes please. They are doing this backwards though, they need to hire their president and GM first.
    yeah couldn't agree more, hopefully this newest consultant isn't steering the franchise in the wrong direction (again), maybe he's trying to interview as many guys as possible to get input to give to the new president/GM, but at the same time, you're kinda burning resources that should be spent establishing the best possible front office guy to do his OWN interviews. I'm not a fan of a consultant having that much power, if that's the case. Get your front office set and let them do the dirty work, you don't do the work yourself, then hire guys who you expect to heed your advice. The more I type, the more annoyed I get, but I'm probably just getting ahead of myself (deep breath lol)

Hell, why not Patrick Ewing? He's been around longer, IIRC he's was interviewed several times for previous teams so there's certainly whispers out there if he's "got it."

I think this is - and hate to bring politics into it - the NBA version of the Rooney rule. Smith has no coaching experience, not even as an assistant. Howard does, and maybe this is thinking outside the box, but I think I would rather have Hammond (SA) get at least an interview.

The NBA puts sorta a moratorium on during the Finals so all the focus is on the games - so we won't be hiring a coach for the next week. I think this is more checking off boxes - maybe someone really, really surprises - and then the Pistons hire a GM and/or Pres with a list of "pre-evaluated" people. Because ultimately, Gores and this new guy will have had to give their thumbs up - so this is sorta clearing the deck for the new GM / Pres in terms of timing.

Given our cap situation, it's most unlikely we make a draft trade unless it's something way out there or so minor it barely registers -and with the 42nd pick, you're looking at guys who will be BPA AND also fit into our team. No need for a center given Dre', Moreland, Leuer and Blake. No PG with Reggie and Ish - though someone you could work with is the possibility.

At the end of the day, our team is our team and each starter is really a known quantity at this point as is many of the 6-10 guys on the second unit. Getting guys to work together because of Reggie's injury, Blake trade is going to be the focus, not grooming talent. That's why I don't understand Howard & Smith - but could see them bring in Stackhouse as soon as the playoffs end.

I can't imagine Ewing bailing on his alma mater after 1 year as HC

It was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. But my bad and good catch. I had forgot he went there.

https://youtu.be/I9zE35WxijU?t=35s

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    haha that's great

👑

haha I just came in to post that lol

At least this will significantly increase Wagner odds of being a Piston!

👑

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast