Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Budenholzer please.

Hammon, I do think she is qualified as I trust most people Pops picks as an assistant (plus her playing career), but hiring her could be good for marketing as a side bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post

Its not going to help us win (barring a big name star actually coming here) but good publicity is always nice for what is going to be a downer of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I would be all for a first time head coach if this team was young or maybe had some potential young guy to build around *cough* Mitchell *cough* but if this team plans to be structured around Blake and/or Drummond I would much rather have an experienced head coach that can get the most out of the team we currently have now...an early favorite for me would be Budenholzer. Really wished Gores did this 2 weeks ago...could've had a chance at getting Fizdale, but then again who would turn down NYC for Detroit
    I don't think Fizdale takes the Knicks job over Det. Porzingas - returnign from a torn ACL, Kanter - who I think opts out - Tim Hardaway and Frank Ntilinka and ??? He hurt his knew 6-Feb. That's only 8 months till training camp. They aren't going to rush him and why not tank next season and get a pick in 2019?

I think he'd rather have our roster.

Wish Isaiah Thomas was better in previous jobs. Would be cool as hell having Thomas build up a franchise in Detroit racing other rivals in Magic and Ainge to a championship.

Kind of an outside the box idea here for the HC position. Offer Manu Ginobili the position if he decides to retire. Dude is a legend and one of the smartest players in the league.
    Using Tapatalk

hire Rondo.

With Fizz in NY, the only retreads I would consider would be Budenholzer and Blatt.

Hammon, I wouldn't mind giving her a chance but the crowd might turn chauvinistic if the players don't produce. I'd hope that Detroit fans are classier than that but when the team is bad and the ticket prices drop, all sorts of uncouth individuals will come out and could make the Little Ceasers Palace uncomfortable.

I prefer a first time coach or college guy.

David Griffin or Sam Hinkie to lead the front office and Brent Barry and CHAUNCEY! as assistant GMs.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBuffoonery View Post
    With Fizz in NY, the only retreads I would consider would be Budenholzer and Blatt.

Hammon, I wouldn't mind giving her a chance but the crowd might turn chauvinistic if the players don't produce. I'd hope that Detroit fans are classier than that but when the team is bad and the ticket prices drop, all sorts of uncouth individuals will come out and could make the Little Ceasers Palace uncomfortable.

I prefer a first time coach or college guy.

David Griffin or Sam Hinkie to lead the front office and Brent Barry and CHAUNCEY! as assistant GMs.
    Griffin & Blatt. They've already worked together, so no learning curve. Billups as assistant GM with Arn Tellum Pres of Ops and if things work out, he moves out, Griffin Pres & Billups GM

Whoever the coach is I want them to coach like Brad Stevens...The guy just has a system that works. Hayward goes down, no problem plug in a rookie with a similar skill set and get equal production. Irving goes down, no biggie we'll just let Rozier hold this Space Jam basketball and get all of Kyrie's powers.

We got Bradley from Boston and he was a different player (not good). Baynes goes to Boston and looks twice as good compared to when he was here.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

👑

the guy was coach of the year lol

wait, he was NBCA coach of the year, didn't realize there were two different awards, but still

Didn't Toronto do the same thing to Sam Mitchell?

the guy was coach of the year lol

wait, he was NBCA coach of the year, didn't realize there were two different awards, but still

Didn't Toronto do the same thing to Sam Mitchell?
    I think you're right.

But it's obvious they hit a wall. IIRC, we did the same thing with Rick Carlisle when we hired Brown. Just couldn't get over the hump.

I'd go with Budenholzer then Stackhouse then Hammon. Gasol wrote a post on twitter/instagram about her. But I think Gores wants a proven coach.

Ben Simmons: I realize he was hurt last year with his foot and couldn't jump. But you would think he'd at least get his mechanics down. They're talking about almost re-inventing his shot. And with Fultz, that's two guys you can play off of. But still, he's had a whole year to work on it. I don't think LeBron goes there unless they resign Reddick on the cheap and some other shooters.

Mike Budenholzer has reached an agreement to become the Milwaukee Bucks coach, league sources tell ESPN.
    Via Woj.

One of the coaches I wanted. Hammon now please.

👑

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Via Woj.

One of the coaches I wanted. Hammon now please.
    I'm actually warming to the idea of Stackhouse, the guy is a man's man and respect won't be an issue, he'll just fight you for it

But at the same time I'm thinking Toronto might've axed Casey just to make sure Stackhouse doesn't get away, and the playoff embarrassment was the perfect excuse

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast