Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 293
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,212
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Heinen isnít some offensive black hole like youíre portraying him... he was a rookie who produced pretty well this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only reason the Bruins would want to explore Heinen is because he'll probably look for a good pay day after next year. We have too many kids to extend next year and beyond, meaning Heinen might be the odd one out. It's either he's included in a package for a top 4 LHD, or a relatively young player on a bargain contract. Not many of those out there...Dvorak isn't that guy. He's going to explode at some point and be a 50+ points center for years to come.


    Haters gonna hate

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,319
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    But you need a talented third line to compete. My concern is putting any of those three with henien and backes lets say kills there offencize ability. Id like either one of the two on the 3rd line but you cant have both
    Heinen actually had a strong rookie year. Was his production hit or miss? sure, but he manged a 0.61 P/GP, just like DeBrusk did. Backes is also not slouch either, I mean he did have a ton of medical issues this year so I doubt he played 100% at all this year. Even still his numbers over 82 games were trending towards 20G/27A, which is right near that 20/30 slash that you're looking for from him.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,319
    So every year I seem to bang out one off-season where we move up in the draft to top 3. Why should this year be any different lol.

    To BOS: #10 OA
    To EDM: Krug

    To BOS: #2 OA
    To CAR: #10 OA + 2019 1st + Heinen

    To follow these two trades....

    -Draft Svechnikov at #2
    -Sign De Haan ($4.5 x 4)
    -Sign Carlson ($6.5 x 5)
    -Sign Grzelyck ($975k x 2)
    -Sign Wingles ($1.0 x 1)

    Marchand - Bergeron - Svechnikov
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Donato - JFK - Backes
    Frederic - Kuraly - Bjork

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Carlson
    Grzelyck - Carlo

    Miller + Acciari + Wingles are your extras

    Not sure if Krug is worth #10 OA or if a 1st + Heinen gets CAR to move back 8 spots. Svechnikov would be interesting on this team though. His scouting report reads like a Bruins checklist.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    749
    If we can somehow get into the top 10 Iíd love to get Brady tkachuk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by neely borque View Post
    If we can somehow get into the top 10 Iíd love to get Brady tkachuk
    Good chance you're looking at Top 5 for Tkachuk.

    "Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Good chance you're looking at Top 5 for Tkachuk.
    Should go 3 montreal needs that type of player....really montreal should be packaging the third and pact for a center but there gm is a moron
    Unleash the Pasta!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Heinen actually had a strong rookie year. Was his production hit or miss? sure, but he manged a 0.61 P/GP, just like DeBrusk did. Backes is also not slouch either, I mean he did have a ton of medical issues this year so I doubt he played 100% at all this year. Even still his numbers over 82 games were trending towards 20G/27A, which is right near that 20/30 slash that you're looking for from him.
    I agree but him and backes both are not finishers. They are the guys that go get the puck. Its ok to play one of those two with the kids but you need a guy that finishes

    Maybe crazy thought move march down and play henien with bergs and pastr.
    Unleash the Pasta!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    So every year I seem to bang out one off-season where we move up in the draft to top 3. Why should this year be any different lol.

    To BOS: #10 OA
    To EDM: Krug

    To BOS: #2 OA
    To CAR: #10 OA + 2019 1st + Heinen

    To follow these two trades....

    -Draft Svechnikov at #2
    -Sign De Haan ($4.5 x 4)
    -Sign Carlson ($6.5 x 5)
    -Sign Grzelyck ($975k x 2)
    -Sign Wingles ($1.0 x 1)

    Marchand - Bergeron - Svechnikov
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Donato - JFK - Backes
    Frederic - Kuraly - Bjork

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Carlson
    Grzelyck - Carlo

    Miller + Acciari + Wingles are your extras

    Not sure if Krug is worth #10 OA or if a 1st + Heinen gets CAR to move back 8 spots. Svechnikov would be interesting on this team though. His scouting report reads like a Bruins checklist.
    I think edm needs wingers. I wouldnt be suprised if they move up to take sve second
    Unleash the Pasta!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,915
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    So every year I seem to bang out one off-season where we move up in the draft to top 3. Why should this year be any different lol.

    To BOS: #10 OA
    To EDM: Krug

    To BOS: #2 OA
    To CAR: #10 OA + 2019 1st + Heinen

    To follow these two trades....

    -Draft Svechnikov at #2
    -Sign De Haan ($4.5 x 4)
    -Sign Carlson ($6.5 x 5)
    -Sign Grzelyck ($975k x 2)
    -Sign Wingles ($1.0 x 1)

    Marchand - Bergeron - Svechnikov
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Donato - JFK - Backes
    Frederic - Kuraly - Bjork

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Carlson
    Grzelyck - Carlo

    Miller + Acciari + Wingles are your extras

    Not sure if Krug is worth #10 OA or if a 1st + Heinen gets CAR to move back 8 spots. Svechnikov would be interesting on this team though. His scouting report reads like a Bruins checklist.
    sign me up
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,212
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Good chance you're looking at Top 5 for Tkachuk.
    Yup, I think name value has some effect on that as well

    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    So every year I seem to bang out one off-season where we move up in the draft to top 3. Why should this year be any different lol.

    To BOS: #10 OA
    To EDM: Krug

    To BOS: #2 OA
    To CAR: #10 OA + 2019 1st + Heinen

    To follow these two trades....

    -Draft Svechnikov at #2
    -Sign De Haan ($4.5 x 4)
    -Sign Carlson ($6.5 x 5)
    -Sign Grzelyck ($975k x 2)
    -Sign Wingles ($1.0 x 1)

    Marchand - Bergeron - Svechnikov
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Donato - JFK - Backes
    Frederic - Kuraly - Bjork

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Carlson
    Grzelyck - Carlo

    Miller + Acciari + Wingles are your extras

    Not sure if Krug is worth #10 OA or if a 1st + Heinen gets CAR to move back 8 spots. Svechnikov would be interesting on this team though. His scouting report reads like a Bruins checklist.
    I like the idea. Execution is going to be tough for a few reasons, but also possible:

    So I really like the idea of trading Krug + few pieces (Heinen) for the #10 overall pick + pieces. Edmonton is desperate for a PP QB and they're not going to find anyone better. Bruins can use the pick to draft at any position (maybe except center) and give the kid a year or two to develop.

    I've heard some ask how the B's would replace Krug and his production. I get it. 50+ point defensemen are hard to find. However - the Bruins are not going to win with him in the top 4. I am convinced of it. Also - McAvoy could easily replace Krug on that 1st unit.

    Now to the other parts - we would need to trade both McQuaid AND Miller to really create cap space. I think McQuaid is as good as gone. Miller - I'm on the fence and I don't think they'll trade him.

    A few fixes of what it would take to sign these guys - just my opinion of course:
    -Sign De Haan ($5.5 x 6)
    -Sign Carlson ($7.5 x 6)
    -Sign Grzelyck ($1.75 x 2)
    No Wingels please

    As it stands right now - the Bruins have about 6M in cap space (performance bonuses factored in). Trading Krug and Miller would bring about 14M in cap space total. That's almost enough for both De Haan and Carlson, but I don't think it's going to happen. De Haan seems to be more likely. Then you could go after a guy like Kovalchuk, Neal, Kane, or etc.

    -Sign Kovalchuk ($6.0 x 3) -- honestly, you can replace this signing with any other impact FWD

    Marchand - Bergeron - Kovalchuk
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Donato - JFK - Bjork
    Acciari - Kuraly - Backes

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Carlo
    Grzelyck - Miller

    Cehlarik. FA Depth D (Seidenberg? Oduya? Schenn?) Signing are your extras


    Haters gonna hate

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Yup, I think name value has some effect on that as well



    I like the idea. Execution is going to be tough for a few reasons, but also possible:

    So I really like the idea of trading Krug + few pieces (Heinen) for the #10 overall pick + pieces. Edmonton is desperate for a PP QB and they're not going to find anyone better. Bruins can use the pick to draft at any position (maybe except center) and give the kid a year or two to develop.

    I've heard some ask how the B's would replace Krug and his production. I get it. 50+ point defensemen are hard to find. However - the Bruins are not going to win with him in the top 4. I am convinced of it. Also - McAvoy could easily replace Krug on that 1st unit.

    Now to the other parts - we would need to trade both McQuaid AND Miller to really create cap space. I think McQuaid is as good as gone. Miller - I'm on the fence and I don't think they'll trade him.

    A few fixes of what it would take to sign these guys - just my opinion of course:
    -Sign De Haan ($5.5 x 6)
    -Sign Carlson ($7.5 x 6)
    -Sign Grzelyck ($1.75 x 2)
    No Wingels please

    As it stands right now - the Bruins have about 6M in cap space (performance bonuses factored in). Trading Krug and Miller would bring about 14M in cap space total. That's almost enough for both De Haan and Carlson, but I don't think it's going to happen. De Haan seems to be more likely. Then you could go after a guy like Kovalchuk, Neal, Kane, or etc.

    -Sign Kovalchuk ($6.0 x 3) -- honestly, you can replace this signing with any other impact FWD

    Marchand - Bergeron - Kovalchuk
    DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Donato - JFK - Bjork
    Acciari - Kuraly - Backes

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Carlo
    Grzelyck - Miller

    Cehlarik. FA Depth D (Seidenberg? Oduya? Schenn?) Signing are your extras
    I keep going back and fourth on Kovy, but the key is to keep flexibility and I don't think you get that with Kovy. I do like spreading out the lines, which I've said before. IDK, maybe you talk to EDM and someone get the #10 OA and Larsson for Krug + Cehlarik + high pick/prospect. This gives you depth on the right side without having to spend Carlson money.

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Larsson
    Grzelyck - Carlo
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,372

    2018 Official Offseason Thread

    Not really interested in signing De Haan to that kind of deal... Iíd much rather role the dice with K. Miller and then Zboril or Lauzon... I donít think keeping those guys in the AHL has any implications on preserving them for the expansion draft does it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by homie564; 05-14-2018 at 04:48 PM.


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,372

    2018 Official Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I keep going back and fourth on Kovy, but the key is to keep flexibility and I don't think you get that with Kovy. I do like spreading out the lines, which I've said before. IDK, maybe you talk to EDM and someone get the #10 OA and Larsson for Krug + Cehlarik + high pick/prospect. This gives you depth on the right side without having to spend Carlson money.

    Chara - McAvoy
    De Haan - Larsson
    Grzelyck - Carlo
    I think this causes us to lack quite a bit from an offensive standpoint. If youíre going to get Larsson Iím 100% for keeping Krug and not going after De Haan...then maybe moving Gryz. Maybe something like Gryz, Cehlarik, high pick/prospect for Larsson. Slot Zboril/Lauzon in with Carlo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    21,372
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I think this causes us to lack quite a bit from an offensive standpoint. If youíre going to get Larsson Iím 100% for keeping Krug and not going after De Haan...then maybe moving Gryz. Maybe something like Gryz, Cehlarik, high pick/prospect for Larsson. Slot Zboril/Lauzon in with Carlo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think one thing to keep in mind on top of this... Iím not against trading Krug, but I donít think this is the year for it... perhaps Lauzon develops into something thatís 80% of Krug and makes him more expendable by replacing him with a bigger, slightly more responsible, but almost as dynamic defenseman... I really think Lauzon has that kind of offensive upside to be a 40-50pt guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I think one thing to keep in mind on top of this... Iím not against trading Krug, but I donít think this is the year for it... perhaps Lauzon develops into something thatís 80% of Krug and makes him more expendable by replacing him with a bigger, slightly more responsible, but almost as dynamic defenseman... I really think Lauzon has that kind of offensive upside to be a 40-50pt guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rather have Krug over Grz. Krug is just not being used properly. He is a 6th d that is a PP specialist. McA can take over but why? McA is a great 5 on 5 two way D, so I wouldnt waste his energy 5 on 5.

    To me I'd be fine going in next year with

    McA - Chara/Lauzon
    Carlo - Zbroil/K Miller
    McQ - Krug

    Love Grz but as long as Krug is on the team we go enough guys under 6 foot
    Unleash the Pasta!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •