Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Please keep Kuraly on the 4th lol. He makes that line, and I think the development of one of the young guys on line 3 would be more important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Id prefer jfk/Donato/Frederic or an acquisition over Kuraly as the 3LC.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

I'm having an issue with PSD and it wont let me quote people, but the reason I moved Kuraly up was because putting JFK between DeBrusk and Bjork could be a bad idea to start. DeBrusk is only going to be in his 2nd season and the sophmore season can be a tough one. Bjork had a sip of NHL experience, but really he's going to be a rookie next year.

I'm just not a huge fan of having a line that's most experienced/veteran player is only in his 2nd full year. Could you go out and find someone? sure, but why not let Frederic/JFK get comfortable on the 3rd line and if one of them progress enough to put Kuraly back down, then great!
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Just saw this little nugget of information from 98.5's website. I didnt see Sweeneys presser but apparently Sweeney and staff are considering a move to get back in to the first round of the draft?

Sweeney told reporters during his season-ending press conference at TD Garden on Thursday that the Bruins are actively discussing their options to move back into the first round of the 2018 draft via trade. The GM acknowledged the long-term ramifications of going without a first-round pick, which isn't something he's likely to do too much.

"Obviously youd like to have multiple picks," Sweeney said. "When youre left empty-handed [in the first round] you wonder whether or not, OK, is there a move to be made that you can get back in there?' Ive had some discussions, so there could be [a move to be made]. It's just, at what cost?
    Who do you see them trading to get back in to the first round?
    Last edited by BoSox47; 05-11-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

BruinsNetwork threw out the idea of trading 2nd + Cehlarik to move up in the 2nd round and grab someone, since there is a lot of talent in this draft and a 1st round quality player could be available in the early 2nd.

I have no idea what we'd have to give up to get back in the first, unless it's a trade of a solid player (Krug for example) that is bringing back something + 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    BruinsNetwork threw out the idea of trading 2nd + Cehlarik to move up in the 2nd round and grab someone, since there is a lot of talent in this draft and a 1st round quality player could be available in the early 2nd.

I have no idea what we'd have to give up to get back in the first, unless it's a trade of a solid player (Krug for example) that is bringing back something + 1st.
    I'm not sure how far up Ceharlik gets the 2nd rounder up. Rumors during the TDL were the B's were getting a lot of calls on Cehlarik. I'd have to imagine at most he gets up in the bottom 5 of the 1st round. To get back into the 1st you either need to work with a team that has multiple 1st rounders or feels like you have a piece that will take them to the next level.

Teams with multiple 1st...

DET - #6 + VGK
    NYR - #9 + #26 + TBL
    NYI - #11 + #12
    OTT - #4 + #22
    PHI - #14 + #19

PHI could be a team that we could work with (although I hate to deal with them lol) and the Rangers are obviously and option with three 1st rounders.

The fact that they want to get back into the 1st though, makes me wonder if they see someone they really like. The one guy I keep floating back to is Bode Wilde. RHD that's committed to Havard next year, projects to go anywhere from #12 to #23 in the draft. His scouting report reads like McAvoy's, but IDK if he reaches that level. I did read one scouting report though that has his upside as a top pairing d-man.

With that you'd have to think you're looking to deal with either NYI, OTT or PHI. The team that interest me the most...NYI. Would they consider doing Krug for #11 or #12 overall?
    "The Next Generation"

Supposedly Chiarelli is shopping the 10th overall pick as well though I really cant imagine Sweeney paying the price it would take to get that high up in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    Supposedly Chiarelli is shopping the 10th overall pick as well though I really cant imagine Sweeney paying the price it would take to get that high up in the draft
    Would you do Krug for #10 or Krug + 2nd or Krug + Cehlarik? Maybe try to work something where you could get someone like Larsson back to play the right side?
    "The Next Generation"

This should be an interesting off season for moving parts for our defense. Obviously its been mentioned in the past on this forum that we have a couple guys coming up in Zboril and Lauzon who are knocking on the door to get a spot, then there is Krug and even Gryz(who you could sell high on right now). As well as one of Miller or McQuaid having a chance of being moved as well.

We have talked about them being moved before, but with those players and Vaak being a year or two away, this could actually be the off season where we do see some moving parts.

I threw this idea out somewhere else. What about something around Danton Heinen for Christian Dvorak? Unless Arizona likes Keller on RW, they have centers. Stepan, Keller, Strome, and Dvorak. This is a team that has good winters but not a whole lot of depth there: example Panik on their top line. A Heinen for Dvorak swap gives us a young NHL center with upside to be a top 6 guy and Arizona gets an nhl ready winger who adds to their depth. He can play both sides. Dvorak is also capable of playing the wing. Hes a LHS as well, something Boston could use at the C spot.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Krejci - ?
    Donato - Dvorak - Backes

Top 9 with the ? Being filled via Bjork, Cehlarik, Donato (and someone fills in For him on the 3rd). Just an idea.

The thing with Dvorak is his numbers don't overwhelm me in any specific area.
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    I threw this idea out somewhere else. What about something around Danton Heinen for Christian Dvorak? Unless Arizona likes Keller on RW, they have centers. Stepan, Keller, Strome, and Dvorak. This is a team that has good winters but not a whole lot of depth there: example Panik on their top line. A Heinen for Dvorak swap gives us a young NHL center with upside to be a top 6 guy and Arizona gets an nhl ready winger who adds to their depth. He can play both sides. Dvorak is also capable of playing the wing. Hes a LHS as well, something Boston could use at the C spot.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Krejci - ?
    Donato - Dvorak - Backes

Top 9 with the ? Being filled via Bjork, Cehlarik, Donato (and someone fills in For him on the 3rd). Just an idea.
    IDk, I look at Dvorak's numbers and nothing excites me about him. In fact, I'd argue the team is worse by adding Dvorak for Heinen.
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    IDk, I look at Dvorak's numbers and nothing excites me about him. In fact, I'd argue the team is worse by adding Dvorak for Heinen.
    My fault on the lack of response. Laptop is busted and I have 4-5 important keys that fail to work anymore. Spell check helps, but it's a pain in the ***, overall. Waiting on a new laptop. To quickly touch on it, I've always like Dvorak's game. He's a great skate and has a lot of untapped upside, offensively. He's only 22 years old and showed progression in production (offensively and at the dot).

5v5 stats:
    Dvorak: 78 Gms -- 975 Minutes (12.50 Avg/TOI) = 12G -- 11A -- 23P -- 19PrP (primary; G, 1A)
    Heinen: 77 Gms -- 938 Minutes (12.18 Avg/TOI) = 12G -- 19A -- 31P -- 20PrP (primary; G, 1A)

Power Play Stats:
    Dvorak: 78 Gms -- 137 Minutes = 2G -- 5A -- 7P -- 5PrP
    Heinen: 77 Gms -- 155 minutes = 2G -- 10A -- 12P -- 5PrP

I did a comparison of their production above. Heinen finished with 10 more points total, 8 more @ 5v5.

This was really just an exercise since I was challenged to provide a better player that I would trade Heinen for. He was the first that came to mind. He's young, and fills a need of a LH centerman with top 6 upside.
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 05-13-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Would you do Krug for #10 or Krug + 2nd or Krug + Cehlarik? Maybe try to work something where you could get someone like Larsson back to play the right side?
    Not sure how the talent is in this draft but if Sweeney can pull that off it would be great. You think we flip the 10th pick for another defender or just draft with that? Not sure you can get an immediate impact defender on the left side with the 10th pick. Also gotta imagine Chiarelli tries to move the 10th pick and player for OEL, but it is chiarelli we are talking about. Anything could happen.

I'm having an issue with PSD and it wont let me quote people, but the reason I moved Kuraly up was because putting JFK between DeBrusk and Bjork could be a bad idea to start. DeBrusk is only going to be in his 2nd season and the sophmore season can be a tough one. Bjork had a sip of NHL experience, but really he's going to be a rookie next year.

I'm just not a huge fan of having a line that's most experienced/veteran player is only in his 2nd full year. Could you go out and find someone? sure, but why not let Frederic/JFK get comfortable on the 3rd line and if one of them progress enough to put Kuraly back down, then great!
    But you need a talented third line to compete. My concern is putting any of those three with henien and backes lets say kills there offencize ability. Id like either one of the two on the 3rd line but you cant have both
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    But you need a talented third line to compete. My concern is putting any of those three with henien and backes lets say kills there offencize ability. Id like either one of the two on the 3rd line but you cant have both
    Heinen isnt some offensive black hole like youre portraying him... he was a rookie who produced pretty well this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast