Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    Again I think the lack of consistency stemmed from a lack of consistent wingers. No one was good against tampa anyway so kind of hard to pin that on him.
    I dont think anyone is pinning it on him, but he did look pretty slow on the back check all playoffs and wasnt very strong on the puck in the defensive zone. He also only had a 44.7% face off win percentage, which is pretty bad for someone who was 51.9% during the regular season. Tampa Bay's speed killed Krejci and Backes the entire series in the neutral zone and defensive zone. Not saying he is a 3rd line center now, but that stage of his career is approaching faster than anticipated.

Theres much more to hockey than just putting up points.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 05-10-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

I see a lot of people talking about acquire a LHD, but why not just go out and get De Haan for less money and not giving up prospects, picks or players?

Over an 82 games season, De Haan is good for 150 hits & 185 blocks. His oiSV% has been consistently 91% or better the past 4 years and in the past two seasons he flirted with 92% oiSV%. My biggest concern with De Haan though is over the last 4 years he missed 1/4 of the season.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I dont think anyone is pinning it on him, but he did look pretty slow on the back check all playoffs and wasnt very strong on the puck in the defensive zone. He also only had a 44.7% face off win percentage, which is pretty bad for someone who was 51.9% during the regular season. Tampa Bay's speed killed Krejci and Backes the entire series in the neutral zone and defensive zone. Not saying he is a 3rd line center now, but that stage of his career is approaching faster than anticipated.

Theres much more to hockey than just putting up points.
    Do you know off-hand what bergerons FO% was against tampa? I feel like he wasn't his usual dominant self too.

Not sure why I can't quote you general_tso, but from what it looks like...

TBL series - 63 for 123 = 51.2%

TOR series - 89 of 154 = 57.8%
    "The Next Generation"

Again I think the lack of consistency stemmed from a lack of consistent wingers. No one was good against tampa anyway so kind of hard to pin that on him.
    Yes you can his line did nothing. Sorry but your paid 8 million if you need other people to make you better than fk off because we screwed up in believing in you.

You think bergs need march or pastr to succed? I bet if you switch the two bergs would be fine and krejci would be to slow to play with pastr and march.....ya know like when bergs went down and they played nash in his spot
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Yes you can his line did nothing. Sorry but your paid 8 million if you need other people to make you better than fk off because we screwed up in believing in you.

You think bergs need march or pastr to succed? I bet if you switch the two bergs would be fine and krejci would be to slow to play with pastr and march.....ya know like when bergs went down and they played nash in his spot
    Yea and Riley Nash put up some points when playing with Marchand and Pasta so thank you for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Not sure why I can't quote you general_tso, but from what it looks like...

TBL series - 63 for 123 = 51.2%

TOR series - 89 of 154 = 57.8%
    Its a fairly big drop off which speaks to the face off capability of Brayden Point. Thanks for looking that up Oneman!

Okay...Minor thing about this. Krejci's cap hit is 7.25M a year. It's not 8M. It may not seem like a lot of a difference, but to me it is, especially in a day and age where cap is king and every penny counts. If Krejci was making 8M a year, then I would be fuming with his production. At 7.25, he's really overpaid by 500-750K at the most. He may be our highest paid player, but that was the result of the previous GM. Also, when you're getting steals on players like Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak, you can afford to slightly overpay guys like Krejci.

Also, please stop with the " **** off, we screwed up in believing in you" stuff. Krejci signed the contract back in 2014. He was 28 years old, coming off leading the playoffs again in scoring, and was in the prime of his career. Players get old, they regress. That happens.

If you switched the two, I'm sure Bergeron would be fine. He would be playing with two good hockey players in DeBrusk and whoever; Nash/Donato/Heinen/Bjork. I'm not sure what your point is.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Yea and Riley Nash put up some points when playing with Marchand and Pasta so thank you for proving my point.
    Your point was krejci didnt have the same wingers all year. Neither did nash but he was able to change his playing style to work with hos wingers.

Also the coach could have moved krejci up but he didnt want to. Its no like you said krejci was playing with the same guys all year anyway
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Okay...Minor thing about this. Krejci's cap hit is 7.25M a year. It's not 8M. It may not seem like a lot of a difference, but to me it is, especially in a day and age where cap is king and every penny counts. If Krejci was making 8M a year, then I would be fuming with his production. At 7.25, he's really overpaid by 500-750K at the most. He may be our highest paid player, but that was the result of the previous GM. Also, when you're getting steals on players like Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak, you can afford to slightly overpay guys like Krejci.

Also, please stop with the " **** off, we screwed up in believing in you" stuff. Krejci signed the contract back in 2014. He was 28 years old, coming off leading the playoffs again in scoring, and was in the prime of his career. Players get old, they regress. That happens.

If you switched the two, I'm sure Bergeron would be fine. He would be playing with two good hockey players in DeBrusk and whoever; Nash/Donato/Heinen/Bjork. I'm not sure what your point is.
    We signed a guy to a contract expecting him to be our core second line player. By the end of next year i can see donato move into that spot

Why as fan are we not allowed to be pissed when you look at guys who are sligjlty paid more bust there *** for the b amd krejci keeps playing like a rookie and never gets punished
    Unleash the Pasta!

We signed a guy to a contract expecting him to be our core second line player. By the end of next year i can see donato move into that spot
    If Donato is moved into the 2nd line center spot, that's good for Boston because that means he took a serious step in development.

Why as fan are we not allowed to be pissed when you look at guys who are sligjlty paid more bust there *** for the b amd krejci keeps playing like a rookie and never gets punished
    Where did I say fans aren't allowed to be pissed? I just find how you whine about him kind of annoying. The believe you in crap, like what is that? And what does that mean, "playing like a rookie"?

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

I've talked about this before, but I think to get the best balance you need to break-up that top line a bit.

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
    Danato - Krejci - Pastrnak
    DeBrusk - Kuraly - Bjork
    Acciari - JFK/Frederic - Backes

^Maybe you even make Acciari your 13th and go...

DeBrusk - Kuraly - Bjork
    Frederic - JFK - Backes

I have this weird feeling that DeBrusk would feed off of Kurlay's physical type of hockey and they both love working the dirty area's. You throw a guy with Bjorks skill set on that line and it could pin you in hard and play a nasty cycle game.

The 4th line is an interesting one. Frederic models his game after Backes and I think for him to be able to work with Backes day in and day out will be huge for him. Because Kuraly is on the 3rd line, I figured you throw JFK between Frederic and Backes. The line would be very a 3-zone line that is probably slightly more defensive, but they have the ability to score as well.
    "The Next Generation"

Your point was krejci didnt have the same wingers all year. Neither did nash but he was able to change his playing style to work with hos wingers.

Also the coach could have moved krejci up but he didnt want to. Its no like you said krejci was playing with the same guys all year anyway
    Yea but thats not a fair example. Pasternak and Marchand are two elite level players. I'm pretty sure I could put a few points up playing with those guys lol.

I actually would have like to see Bruce move Krejci up during Bergy's injury but it makes sense that they didn't. Krejci had some chemistry with Debrusk and Rick Nash had just been acquired so they were probably trying to build chemistry there. Unfortunately Nash got hurt. Another aspect that probably factored in is style of play, Riley Nash is a little bit more like Bergeron (to a lesser extent) and I would argue is slightly better defensively than Krejci so it allowed Marchand and Pastrnak to take more liberties.

I've talked about this before, but I think to get the best balance you need to break-up that top line a bit.

DeBrusk - Kuraly - Bjork

DeBrusk - Kuraly - Bjork
    Frederic - JFK - Backes

I have this weird feeling that DeBrusk would feed off of Kurlay's physical type of hockey and they both love working the dirty area's. You throw a guy with Bjorks skill set on that line and it could pin you in hard and play a nasty cycle game.

The 4th line is an interesting one. Frederic models his game after Backes and I think for him to be able to work with Backes day in and day out will be huge for him. Because Kuraly is on the 3rd line, I figured you throw JFK between Frederic and Backes. The line would be very a 3-zone line that is probably slightly more defensive, but they have the ability to score as well.
    I thought they should have bumped Pasta down to the second line during the Tampa series, at least for parts of games. I get it, that top line was so good all year its hard to break them up. I also think they should keep Deb with Krejci since they actually had some consistency last year and build on it. Maybe Pasta plays RW with them but if not there are plenty of solid options (Donato, Bjork, Heinen).

DeBrusk - Kuraly - Bjork

DeBrusk - Kuraly - Bjork
    Frederic - JFK - Backes

Please keep Kuraly on the 4th lol. He makes that line, and I think the development of one of the young guys on line 3 would be more important

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast