Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    https://www.weei.com/articles/column...cked-his-words

difference between Jaylen Brown and the Celtics vs. Our Stars and the Raptors

Better players and better coach. Great situation.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    the demeanor and poise of the two young studs they have in Brown and Tatum is way beyond their years, basically like a seasoned vet. I don't see that calm confidence in Kyle and DD. Kyrie who is injured also has that calm confident personality.
    No, no you don't.

Raptors are the ultimate overachievers. Their best 2 players have both made the absolute most out of limited physical ability and not so great basketball instincts which is a great thing except it still falls well short of superstar game.

It's funny this was such a topic years ago and it's pretty much disappeared as a talking point but without the whistle they just aren't good for a whole lot. That's a tremendous burden to put on the other 10 guys.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 05-14-2018 at 09:07 AM.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

https://www.weei.com/articles/column...cked-his-words

difference between Jaylen Brown and the Celtics vs. Our Stars and the Raptors
    Definitely. Despite the youth they have a combination of no fear and incredible skill in those young players. The only spunk or heart in the face of adversity comes from JV and the bench.

Imagine having 90's Knicks talent - minus Ewing and the physicality. Wouldn't have gotten near as far.

I admit, Masai has shown me far more of a cutthroat attitude than I thought he possessed in his firing of Casey. Even if I think it was anger misplaced. I'm hoping he shoes the same cutthroat attitude with Derozan and moves him.

Last edited by Jamiecballer; 05-14-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    No, no you don't. Raptors are the ultimate overachievers. Their best 2 players have both made the absolute most out of limited physical ability and not so great basketball instincts which is a great thing except it still falls well shirt of superstar game.

It's funny this was such a topic years ago and it's pretty much disappeared as a talking point but without the whistle they just aren't good for a whole lot. That's a tremendous burden to put on the other 10 guys.

You sure you are replying to the right quote? Nevermind, I think you did lol.

You sure you are replying to the right quote? Nevermind, I think you did lol.
    Yeah, I probably should have started a new paragraph after the first line because that was the only direct response to your post.

What you said just triggered something else.

Jalen Rose seems to think we may get Mark Jackson or Monty Williams

Whoever we do get I hope they start game planning more for JV on offence. Dude busted out a spin move in the post season ffs! He can be a legit weapon and much more than just a 3rd option.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Jalen Rose seems to think we may get Mark Jackson or Monty Williams
    mark jacksons personality might be a good fit for this group. not interested in monty williams at all.

Jalen was just throwing names out.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Mark Stein reporting Raps gauged interest in DeMar last off-season. Speculating that they may do so again.

^ i was just about to post the same. something to provide some hope

Is there a trade out there where we even get better? I don't think Masai bites if we're going to be offered the Wiggins and Batums of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Is there a trade out there where we even get better? I don't think Masai bites if we're going to be offered the Wiggins and Batums of the world.
    I hope he doesn't bite on something like that either, at least not for Demar. But he is a depth builder. Hopefully he realizes that we are already deep enough and need more star power. We'd be better off consolidating our talent and offering depth for a star to a team that needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    mark jacksons personality might be a good fit for this group. not interested in monty williams at all.
    i'd punch myself in the dick if we hired either one of them

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast