Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Watching the Celtics play D against the Cavs, it's almost like someone prepared them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Watching the Celtics play D against the Cavs, it's almost like someone prepared them for it.
    watching this pissed me off all over again. This cavs team is horrendous and we made them look like the 96 bulls

I'd kill for the Celtics young players

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    watching this pissed me off all over again. This cavs team is horrendous and we made them look like the 96 bulls
    Lol the 96 bulls looked a wee bit better

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8:32342618

Same here. I hate that I watched this game. I'll say it again, I'll take that 6 game series as opposed to the sweep to this terrible Cavs team.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Same here. I hate that I watched this game. I'll say it again, I'll take that 6 game series as opposed to the sweep to this terrible Cavs team.
    If we lost in 6 games, Casey wouldn't be fired IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    If we lost in 6 games, Casey wouldn't be fired IMO.
    I think you're right. I guess we should be happy that we got swept. At least, those of us who wanted this change.

I have a feeling that many of those uncomfortable with the firing with look at it differently after the Celtics/Cavs series.

I think you're right. I guess we should be happy that we got swept. At least, those of us who wanted this change.

I have a feeling that many of those uncomfortable with the firing with look at it differently after the Celtics/Cavs series.
    Personally, even if Boston wins, I still won't love the firing. I like their roster much more than ours.

I do admit Casey has his flaws though. I would absolutely prefer Brad Stevens. But he isn't exactly available.

I've seen a few people actually have the opposite effect. They are saying that the players should have gone instead because the players didn't play the way they should.

I've seen a few people actually have the opposite effect. They are saying that the players should have gone instead because the players didn't play the way they should.
    I think it is the combination. Players should go as they have shown their limit. Casey has been terrible in the playoffs. How do you not prepare for this series? Raptors had a solid start to game one just like the Celtics today. Cavs made a run in the 3rd. But Boston countered it on start of 4th. Raptors simply gave in to the cavs. Casey and the players both were culpable.

I wouldn't have a problem with player changes, either. But let's be realistic, you rarely get to swap a star with another and try again. You can't swap Lowry with Irving, and see if that works.

On the other hand, you can change a coach and get a good one back, fairly easily.

I do hope they make some roster changes, too. Fix all the problems you can. The coach was one of the problems. Not the biggest one, for sure, but he still contributed to the lack of execution by the players.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I do admit Casey has his flaws though. I would absolutely prefer Brad Stevens. But he isn't exactly available.
    He's not, but he, and Kerr, and others over time are a good reminder that the right coach for the roster can make a big difference.

We don't know that Hammon, Stackhouse, or someone else, might not have the same impact. At this point, you have to try.

After watching the C's confuse the **** out of Lebron I'm even happier about DC's firing. Now yes, the C's have more capable bodies to throw at Lebron but what Stevens did was amazing. Different guys on Lebron all game, fighting through screens at times and working the switch to their benefit. Most importantly they were only bringing the double when he started to post up.

Stevens is a new age defensive mastermind. DC is an old school defensive coach.

the demeanor and poise of the two young studs they have in Brown and Tatum is way beyond their years, basically like a seasoned vet. I don't see that calm confidence in Kyle and DD. Kyrie who is injured also has that calm confident personality.

He's not, but he, and Kerr, and others over time are a good reminder that the right coach for the roster can make a big difference.

We don't know that Hammon, Stackhouse, or someone else, might not have the same impact. At this point, you have to try.
    I am hoping one of those two get the chance here.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast