Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Time to Fire Coach Casey?

For years, many have seen Casey struggle against Cleveland and LeBron. Regular season success does not mean much if you cannot take advantage of home court. Can Masai finally let him go and hire someone with a better pedigree or take a chance on someone who can balance O and D?

No doubt. Even if undeserved, the baggage we'd be taking into next year's playoffs would be too much. Real fresh thought is needed.

I don't think he will get fired. He has 1 year left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't think he will get fired. He has 1 year left on his contract.
    Yeah, but what would you do? Would you fire him?

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Yeah, but what would you do? Would you fire him?
    I would've got rid of him a long time ago and I am (still) not his biggest fan. Despite that, I don't think I would fire him this year. If it's change for the sake of change, not sure if I believe in that in this case. Unless you can get a better coach.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    No doubt. Even if undeserved, the baggage we'd be taking into next year's playoffs would be too much. Real fresh thought is needed.
    I know this wouldn't be a popular move, but I wouldn't mind Becky Hamon as head coach. She seems like a possible HC star in the making because of her time with Pops. She also won a summer league title if that helps.

Stackhouse could be a popular internal candidate. Would consider Mark Jackson, Jay Larranga, and Ime Udoka. I like Hamon the most. As much as I like Masai, I do not like his bond w/ Casey because it makes cutting the guy tougher. I feel like Casey has had plenty of time. Minnesota canned him for much worse.

Addition by subtraction w/ Casey will help. Plus, ownership can make more $ going deeper into the playoffs or the finals than w/ Casey. I would just eat the last year of the contract to Raps08-09 Champ's comments. If not, gotta buyout the last year. Derozan cannot go from All NBA talent to 3-12 just because it's the playoffs.

If they fire Casey, it'll probably be Nick Nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I know this wouldn't be a popular move, but I wouldn't mind Becky Hamon as head coach. She seems like a possible HC star in the making because of her time with Pops. She also won a summer league title if that helps.

Stackhouse could be a popular internal candidate. Would consider Mark Jackson, Jay Larranga, and Ime Udoka. I like Hamon the most. As much as I like Masai, I do not like his bond w/ Casey because it makes cutting the guy tougher. I feel like Casey has had plenty of time. Minnesota canned him for much worse.

Addition by subtraction w/ Casey will help. Plus, ownership can make more $ going deeper into the playoffs or the finals than w/ Casey. I would just eat the last year of the contract to Raps08-09 Champ's comments. If not, gotta buyout the last year. Derozan cannot go from All NBA talent to 3-12 just because it's the playoffs.
    Raptors make a boatload of money already. A coach change isn't going to make this team a finals team lol and if they pick the wrong coach, it's less money for them. And he just benched Demar for like all the 4th while taking out Ibaka from the lineup.

the switching bull **** he pulled today was unacceptable. ridiculous to have LBJ abuse Miles on switches repeatedly and not change the strategy...

Also the lack of awareness out of that timeout with 5 secs left on the shot clock was a ****ing joke as well.

easier to get rid of the coach then a useless, 30 million dollar sg

I mean Indy showed there's a way to contain Lebron and we're still getting thumped. DC has done a great job here but somethings gotta give.

One word, YES

I would only let him go if there's a coach available that you believe will run the program long term not interested in a stop gap to get this roster over the hurdle

Quote Originally Posted by hatcap View Post
    I would only let him go if there's a coach available that you believe will run the program long term not interested in a stop gap to get this roster over the hurdle
    Agreed. Only if MU can land a big fish. I like the foreign guy from San Antonio. Liked him way back when we had Colangelo. Not sure who else I would want. Hard to say but Becky Hammond might get us some calls from the refs but still this is a challenging decision to make. I don't think it's Casey's defense or rotations losing us this series. It's just LeBron turning it on when it's winning time.

Watch him get Becky Hammon.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast