Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 233
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,735

    Jose Reyes needs to be CUT

    He is an automatic out at the dish. Looks terrible. Completely AWFUL. A shell of his former self. Free up a roster spot for someone who actually deserves it. All Reyes offers is speed and a strong arm at Shortstop. He has sucked tremendously and should be removed.

    I never wanted him to come back. I called him a virus. I was right. He needs to go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    32,827
    He just can't play anymore. He needs to be cut the same time as A-Gon - which should be some time between now and tomorrow's game.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    18,215
    I still think Cechenni should be called up. Heís been tearing up AAA and has improved as a hitter since he adjusted his swing.

    I would also cut A-Gon and bring up Alonso as a RH platoon for 1st and use Flores more as a utility guy like he should be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,802
    Phillip Evans.

    Just sayin.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    24,467
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    He is an automatic out at the dish. Looks terrible. Completely AWFUL. A shell of his former self. Free up a roster spot for someone who actually deserves it. All Reyes offers is speed and a strong arm at Shortstop. He has sucked tremendously and should be removed.

    I never wanted him to come back. I called him a virus. I was right. He needs to go.

    Yep, a shell of his once glorious past. But, he's Rosario's mentor......

    Cecchini hitting the cover off the ball needs to be promoted - currently at .347/.402/.547. A doubles hitting machine.

    He's no longer adding value to the bottom line. SA giving Jose too much slack......

    Well, Hello There!

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    10,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Yep, a shell of his once glorious past. But, he's Rosario's mentor......

    Cecchini hitting the cover off the ball needs to be promoted - currently at .347/.402/.547. A doubles hitting machine.

    He's no longer adding value to the bottom line. SA giving Jose too much slack......
    In fairness, what would Cecc even be doing up here? Riding the pine?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    24,467
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    In fairness, what would Cecc even be doing up here? Riding the pine?
    Wouldn't you rather have him off the bench over Reyes. Also plays multiple infield positions.

    Reyes off the bench is worthless. Cecchini gives us more depth too.

    Well, Hello There!

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,802
    Can Cecchini even play short? When I last saw him he looked like a weak armed second baseman.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    32,827
    Cabrera can play short in a pinch. Flores can play short in a pinch. You donít need to carry an extra SS with no bat to back up the starting SS with no bat. You need someone off the bench who can field multiple positions and has a solid bat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,802
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Cabrera can play short in a pinch. Flores can play short in a pinch. You donít need to carry an extra SS with no bat to back up the starting SS with no bat. You need someone off the bench who can field multiple positions and has a solid bat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disagree. Having a solid backup SS who can give Rosario an occasional breather is different from needing an emergency SS who can play there in a pinch. Yes, in the late or extra innings when youíve run out of options for you can turn to Flores or Cab. But as occasional starters fill in in for the young and presently struggling Rosario not so much.

    We need a real SS in that role.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,802
    Reyes can also back up at third. Youíre gonna ask Flores and Cab to be the third base back up too? Starting to remind me a little of that Bugs Bunny baseball cartoon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    94,848
    Reyes will hit better, but right now he is killing the team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    1,051
    The Braves gave us a gift in the ninth. To capitalize we needed disciplined ABs. In that regard Rosario and Reyes failed miserably.
    I'm not worried about Cecchini needing to play every day. At this point he's an organizational player more than an elite prospect, so bring him up if he's better than what we have.

    Ultimately, the guy I see in that role, who will also meet FOC's valid criteria of actually being able to play a solid shortstop in a pinch or for a stretch, is Guillorme. Problem is, while he's been hitting better of late, he's only in the .230s at Vegas and will need to show more to earn a spot.

    Meanwhile, Alonso with another (3R) bomb last night. Dude's coming fast.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    4,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Yep, a shell of his once glorious past. But, he's Rosario's mentor......

    Cecchini hitting the cover off the ball needs to be promoted - currently at .347/.402/.547. A doubles hitting machine.

    He's no longer adding value to the bottom line. SA giving Jose too much slack......
    For the bolded reason alone Reyes should be cut. I don't want Rosario modeling his game after Reyes. Rosario needs to learn the strike zone, and he is not learning that from Reyes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    18,215
    If you guys want defense then cut Reyes and bring up Guillorme as a partial platoon to Rosario. He can also be slotted in at 2nd or 3rd.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •