Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Jose Reyes needs to be CUT

He is an automatic out at the dish. Looks terrible. Completely AWFUL. A shell of his former self. Free up a roster spot for someone who actually deserves it. All Reyes offers is speed and a strong arm at Shortstop. He has sucked tremendously and should be removed.

I never wanted him to come back. I called him a virus. I was right. He needs to go.

He just can't play anymore. He needs to be cut the same time as A-Gon - which should be some time between now and tomorrow's game.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I still think Cechenni should be called up. Heís been tearing up AAA and has improved as a hitter since he adjusted his swing.

I would also cut A-Gon and bring up Alonso as a RH platoon for 1st and use Flores more as a utility guy like he should be.

Phillip Evans.

Just sayin.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    He is an automatic out at the dish. Looks terrible. Completely AWFUL. A shell of his former self. Free up a roster spot for someone who actually deserves it. All Reyes offers is speed and a strong arm at Shortstop. He has sucked tremendously and should be removed.

I never wanted him to come back. I called him a virus. I was right. He needs to go.

Yep, a shell of his once glorious past. But, he's Rosario's mentor......

Cecchini hitting the cover off the ball needs to be promoted - currently at .347/.402/.547. A doubles hitting machine.

He's no longer adding value to the bottom line. SA giving Jose too much slack......

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

Cecchini hitting the cover off the ball needs to be promoted - currently at .347/.402/.547. A doubles hitting machine.

He's no longer adding value to the bottom line. SA giving Jose too much slack......
    In fairness, what would Cecc even be doing up here? Riding the pine?

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    In fairness, what would Cecc even be doing up here? Riding the pine?
    Wouldn't you rather have him off the bench over Reyes. Also plays multiple infield positions.

Reyes off the bench is worthless. Cecchini gives us more depth too.

Well, Hello There!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Can Cecchini even play short? When I last saw him he looked like a weak armed second baseman.

Cabrera can play short in a pinch. Flores can play short in a pinch. You donít need to carry an extra SS with no bat to back up the starting SS with no bat. You need someone off the bench who can field multiple positions and has a solid bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Cabrera can play short in a pinch. Flores can play short in a pinch. You donít need to carry an extra SS with no bat to back up the starting SS with no bat. You need someone off the bench who can field multiple positions and has a solid bat.

Disagree. Having a solid backup SS who can give Rosario an occasional breather is different from needing an emergency SS who can play there in a pinch. Yes, in the late or extra innings when youíve run out of options for you can turn to Flores or Cab. But as occasional starters fill in in for the young and presently struggling Rosario not so much.

We need a real SS in that role.

Reyes can also back up at third. Youíre gonna ask Flores and Cab to be the third base back up too? Starting to remind me a little of that Bugs Bunny baseball cartoon.

Reyes will hit better, but right now he is killing the team.

The Braves gave us a gift in the ninth. To capitalize we needed disciplined ABs. In that regard Rosario and Reyes failed miserably.
    I'm not worried about Cecchini needing to play every day. At this point he's an organizational player more than an elite prospect, so bring him up if he's better than what we have.

Ultimately, the guy I see in that role, who will also meet FOC's valid criteria of actually being able to play a solid shortstop in a pinch or for a stretch, is Guillorme. Problem is, while he's been hitting better of late, he's only in the .230s at Vegas and will need to show more to earn a spot.

Meanwhile, Alonso with another (3R) bomb last night. Dude's coming fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

For the bolded reason alone Reyes should be cut. I don't want Rosario modeling his game after Reyes. Rosario needs to learn the strike zone, and he is not learning that from Reyes.

If you guys want defense then cut Reyes and bring up Guillorme as a partial platoon to Rosario. He can also be slotted in at 2nd or 3rd.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast