Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Last summer I said Guillorme could push Rosario to 2B and Brooklyn called me stupid. Let's see if he calls you stupid too!
    All Guillorme does at this point is hopefully move Reyes off the roster if he keeps playing well. As for his long term implications to the roster, he doesn't hit enough to presumably be more than a bench player.

Like his OB skills but that's not enough to be an everyday starter.

Jose Reyes needs to be CUT

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    All Guillorme does at this point is hopefully move Reyes off the roster if he keeps playing well. As for his long term implications to the roster, he doesn't hit enough to presumably be more than a bench player.

Let me restate:

Last summer I offered the opinion Guillorme could push Rosario to 2B if Guillorme could start driving the ball more often. There ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    He is an automatic out at the dish. Looks terrible. Completely AWFUL. A shell of his former self. Free up a roster spot for someone who actually deserves it. All Reyes offers is speed and a strong arm at Shortstop. He has sucked tremendously and should be removed.

I never wanted him to come back. I called him a virus. I was right. He needs to go.
    The Mets have guys like Phillip Evans, Jeff McNeil, and Luis Guillorme, and one or two of these guys should stay on the Mets Major League roster. Reyes' has lost all of his hitting skill, and the defensive skills that he once had have eroded away. He no longer fields or throws well, and the bat is totally shot. He can still run a little bit but at this point in time McNeil is much faster then Reyes is, and so is Evans, and possibly Guiilorme too. With TJ Rivera far out of sight on the DL the Mets need to make the right decision, and keep Guillorme and Evans up on the roster, and possibly consider promoting McNeil sometime in the near future too.

Agon is gonna stay

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    He just can't play anymore. He needs to be cut the same time as A-Gon - which should be some time between now and tomorrow's game.
    A-Gon is not going anywhere. He has hit around 240-to 250 for most of the time he has played between April and mid-May. He lacks in range but he makes most plays plus he is really good at saving balls thrown in the dirt ala Wilmer Flores. Dom Smith must remain at Vegas in AAA because the Mets need him as a trade option in the near future. If he can hit anywhere above 300 in Las Vegas he will definitely be packaged in a trade especially since Peter Alonso is the Mets first baseman of the future not Dom Smith. Jeff McNeil or David Thompson will possibly be a 3B option, and McNeil successfully can play multiple positions. I can see the Mets trading Bruce, Frazier, A-Gon, Cabrera and even Cespedes at the trade deadline this year. The Mets have too many needs which may include the catching position. Hopefully Roko can show that he is well enough to catch 50% of the Mets game along with a healthy Plawecki. The Mets also desperately need starting pitching. Trade Wheeler, drop Vargas, and work with Matz on improving his throwing as I still believe Matz has potential but I am just not sold on Wheeler, and think they need to unload him ASAP
    Last edited by Rae; 05-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    A-Gon is not going anywhere. He has hit around 240-to 250 for most of the time he has played between April and mid-May. He lacks in range but he makes most plays plus he is really good at saving balls thrown in the dirt ala Wilmer Flores. Dom Smith must remain at Vegas in AAA because the Mets need him as a trade option in the near future. If he can hit anywhere above 300 in Las Vegas he will definitely be packaged in a trade especially since Peter Alonso is the Mets first baseman of the future not Dom Smith. Jeff McNeil or David Thompson will possibly be a 3B option, and McNeil successfully can play multiple positions. I can see the Mets trading Bruce, Frazier, A-Gon, Cabrera and even Cespedes at the trade deadline this year. The Mets have too many needs which may include the catching position. Hopefully Roko can show that he is well enough to catch 50% of the Mets game along with a healthy Plawecki. The Mets also desperately need starting pitching. Trade Wheeler, drop Vargas, and work with Matz on improving his throwing as I still believe Matz has potential but I am just not sold on Wheeler, and think they need to unload him ASAP
    Oh I agree that he's not going anywhere. But he's been a replacement level player. He's not good. He's a warm body. That he won't go anywhere anytime soon has more to do with how bad this GM is than any strategy designed at helping the team actually win games.

And if/when Alderson is trading away veterans at the deadline, don't hold your breath waiting for talent in return. Bank on a good amount of salary relief for the Wilpons and minor league throwaways from other teams happy to clear up roster space.

Don't worry. He's got this.

A-Gon can stay on the bench. I don't mind him being on the team so long as he isn't abysmal. But he cannot be our everyday first baseman. He has no business starting more than once a week at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Let me restate:

Last summer I offered the opinion Guillorme could push Rosario to 2B if Guillorme could start driving the ball more often. There ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah well that's not really Guillorme's game to this point in his career. Whether he develops more pop or not, remains to be seen but he has the makings of a great utility guy. Plays excellent defense, can hit a bit, can get on base, does a lot of the small things very well.

Yeah well that's not really Guillorme's game to this point in his career. Whether he develops more pop or not, remains to be seen but he has the makings of a great utility guy. Plays excellent defense, can hit a bit, can get on base, does a lot of the small things very well.
    I have seen improvements since Savannah.

Cut Reyes and A-Gon
    Call up Alonso and McNeil

I really don't know what else Sandy has to see from Reyes. He has the same amount of hits this season as Max Scherzer. Let Guillorme backup, bring up Cecchini (let's see what he can do) and get rid of Jose.

He has been hitting alot more consistently as of late between spring training, the minors, and his VERY brief stint in the majors which is encouraging. If he can find a way to hit league average he can be a big time asset for us considering his glove is gold glove caliber.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

God forbid Mickey would’ve started Evans at third last night over Jose “135” Reyes.

Does Mickey ever take performance issues into consideration when making out a lineup card? Or does career reputatuon always trump recent production?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    God forbid Mickey would’ve started Evans at third last night over Jose “135” Reyes.

Does Mickey ever take performance issues into consideration when making out a lineup card? Or does career reputatuon always trump recent production?
    That has to come from Sandy and I believe even more so ownership that Reyes still has a spot on this team. We know Fred is big on loyalty and he probably has a soft spot for Jose.

Its past May 15th btw.

That has to come from Sandy and I believe even more so ownership that Reyes still has a spot on this team. We know Fred is big on loyalty and he probably has a soft spot for Jose.

Its past May 15th btw.
    I’m inclined to agree.

Reyes has an ops of .367, it’s time.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast