Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    PG Ben Simmons
    SG Paul George
    SF Lebron
    PF Sauric
    C. Embiid

But if this happens, and Iím predicting that something very similar to this will...you got absolutely no shot at all.
    I do believe Lbj & Paul will end up on the same time, this upcoming free agency. I just don't know if Lbj would pick the 6ers as that organization.

Lakers & 76ers are whats on everyones mind but there might be a dark hours team out there.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

What would it take for the Cavs to sign Cousins and if they could, would they want him?

I don't know about you guys, but I'd find it hilarious (Heat fans like Dade would find this entertaining), if Riley was working wonders behind the scenes and he's able to convince LBJ and George to go to Miami in the offseason
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

PG Ben Simmons
    SG Paul George
    SF Lebron
    PF Sauric
    C. Embiid

But if this happens, and Iím predicting that something very similar to this will...you got absolutely no shot at all.
    Well, that's not going to happen so I'm not worried. And it's Saric...

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What would it take for the Cavs to sign Cousins and if they could, would they want him?
    They'd absolutely want him. However signing him would quite the task. The amount of money they'd have to clear off the books would be extremely difficult. To move the players with bad contracts you likely have to attach attractive assets as well...Which they don't have many.

Easiest scenario would be a sign and trade sending Love for Cousins. But then you'd need NO to go along with it. NO would rather keep Cousins. But if Cousins wanted to go to CLE bad enough and tells NO he won't re-sign with them, then I guess Love isn't a terrible consolation prize.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Well, that's not going to happen so I'm not worried. And it's Saric...
    And itís IKnowHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Ainge doesn't make "fair trades". Ainge makes trades where he wins. And when they're of the blockbuster variety...He wins big.
    until he doesnt
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

What's Damyean Dotson up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

PG Ben Simmons
    SG Paul George
    SF Lebron
    PF Sauric
    C. Embiid

They would definitely have a shot, especially if PGs playoffs this year werenít a fluke. The Sixers lost in 5 and add LeBron and PG while losing shooting. The Celtics won in 5 and add Kyrie, Hayward, and Leonard (LeBrons worst nightmare)
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd find it hilarious (Heat fans like Dade would find this entertaining), if Riley was working wonders behind the scenes and he's able to convince LBJ and George to go to Miami in the offseason
    Pat Riley cap strapped that team lol. It would be nice but heís washed.
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

I'm interested in seeing what team takes a flyer Jahlil Okafor...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    There is no flyer to take. He's going to sign a small prove it deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is no flyer to take. He's going to sign a small prove it deal.
    I think that's what he means... will a team take a chance and sign him or will he bust out of the NBA. Someone will sign him on a 1 year deal.

Any thoughts on Jokic yet, guys?

Saw it on yahoo this time around, seems to be getting more buzz that his agent has told the Nuggets FO to decline his option and sign him this summer to a long term deal.

In the prediction thread, someone thought Jokic would have a breakout year and that they were almost right, but that he needs more time.

His agent is clearly lobbying to get him a max deal, not sure if Denver wants to. See my post about it:
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/05/...up-option.html

Jokicís agent trying to play hard-ball, get his client a max contract a year early. I like it, but it could be problematic given the consensus that only a few teams have a lot of cap space this summer compared to the next year. I donít even think the Nuggets have enough money to do it, since they already extended Harris and signed Millsap. Gonna look it up when I get home.

Do you think think this a smart play? I guess the agent is saying 1) not many teams can steal him away from you guys this summer so itís best to lock him up now, and 2) if you make him wait another year, heís not likely to stay.

At the end of the day, Nuggets have the leverage but I think theyíll mull it over first. I think Jokic is talented, but heís not emerged fully yet and I donít know if heís worth 4-5 years at a high salary!
    Here is the new yahoo article: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nikola-...140008325.html
    The Nuggets drafted Nikola Jokic in the second round just four years ago.

Heís already good enough to lead them to the playoffs.

That the 46-win Nuggets missed the postseason doesnít invalidate that. They just happened to play in one of the deepest conferences of all-time, and Paul Millsap missed most of the season due to injury. Jokic is already a borderline All-Star at age 23.

His unexpectedly rapid ascension creates numerous difficult questions about building for the present or future.

A big one: Should Denver exercise or decline Jokicís $1,600,520 team option for next season?

Exercising it would keep Jokic at an extremely cheap salary next season, but itíd make him an unrestricted free agent in 2019. Declining it would make Jokic a restricted free agent this summer, and though that would mean giving him a massive raise, the Nuggets could control securing him long-term.

Jokicís agent has advice for the team.

Nick Kosmider of The Athletic:

Jokic wants to get paid big next season, not wait another year. Denver will probably accommodate him. Letting him hit unrestricted free agency is just too risky.

The Nuggets could try to condition declining Jokicís team on him accepting less than the max Ė which projects to be about $146 over five years or $109 million over fours if he signs an offer sheet with another team. Jokic might compromise.

Jokic drawing any salary even near market value could push Denver over the luxury-tax line next season. The Nuggets declining Jokicís option could lead to them trading Kenneth Faried, Mason Plumlee, Wilson Chandler and/or Darrell Arthur (in the likely event the latter two opt in), not re-signing Will Barton and/or not using the mid-level exception.

So, Jokicís option presents one question. Determining how much to pay him if the Nuggets decline it is a whole other, related, negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I could see the Mavs signing him to a prove it contract. Theyíve done it before with Brandon Wright and Al-Farouq Aminu. They also have a need for young bigs so Okafor would get heavy minutes. As long as he can stay out of Carlisleís dog house.

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast