Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Ownership stakes of like .0001?
    If so would have .0001 percent of good NBA ownership

At last estimate, the bucks were worth just over $1 bill. So 1% is just over $10 mill essentially. So itís not like that is a crazy amount of money, especially over the potential life of his deal. Obviously that number can increase, but if he were to coach here for like 10 years, thatís not a huge bonus.

According to 105.7thefan Bud is the front runner. Runners up is Clifford and Monty.

According to 105.7thefan Bud is the front runner. Runners up is Clifford and Monty.
    I did hear Gery say this this morning, but I just don't know how credible that is. I don't see them offering either Clifford of Monty a contract. If they can't get Budenholzer I think they'd be more likely to go after an unknown like Larranaga.

Also bringing in Messina for another interview. I like it. He was my top underdog candidate along with Blatt. I think he's a good enough coach and has the experience to come in and make a solid impact right away.

One name I am surprised didn't come up was Blazers assistant David Vanterpool. I think he's going to get a gig soon. But, yeah I don't believe much Woelfel says.

Bucks ownership did interviews with Bud and Messina today. Curious if they decided yet? So this must be like stage two? Stage one Horst did the first wave of interviews Then those that showed a good impression got a follow up interview?

Bucks ownership did interviews with Bud and Messina today. Curious if they decided yet? So this must be like stage two? Stage one Horst did the first wave of interviews Then those that showed a good impression got a follow up interview?
    I would say that was accurate. It was reported first round of interviews was done by Horst and there would likely be 3 of 4 finalists getting second interviews who would meet with ownership and then they would decide. Maybe Bud blew them away or fits and that's why he's clear frontrunner.

A person familiar with the search tells The Associated Press that the Milwaukee Bucks have reached an agreement with Mike Budenholzer to become the team's next coach.

The 2015 NBA Coach of the Year will replace Joe Prunty, the former assistant who went 21-16 in the regular season after replacing the fired Jason Kidd in late January.

The person confirmed the agreement with the former Atlanta Hawks coach on Wednesday. The person requested anonymity because the team has not made an official announcement.

The deal was first reported by ESPN.

The Bucks lost to Boston in seven games in the first round of the playoffs.

Budenholzer went 213-197 in five seasons with the Hawks, leading them to a franchise-record 60 wins and the Eastern Conference finals in 2015. He and the Hawks mutually agreed to part ways last month with two years remaining on his contract, allowing Budenholzer to pursue other opportunities.

The one with the Bucks may have been the best available, thanks to All-Star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and a new arena next season.

"There's a massive amount of excitement around this team, because of the arena right there, because of this facility, because or our team," general manager Jon Horst said recently from the Bucks' training facility located across the street from the new arena.

"I think a coaching hire just adds to the momentum that we have as an organization, particularly if it's the right person and it helps us win the way that we expect to win."

The Bucks took a small step forward this season after winning 44 games, two better than last year, when they lost to Toronto in six games in the first round.

Before choosing Budenholzer, the Bucks also considered Spurs assistant Becky Hammon, who would have been the first woman to coach an NBA team, and interviewed former Cavaliers coach David Blatt, former Hornets coach Steve Clifford, and current Spurs vice president and former Pelicans coach Monty Williams.

"Xs and Os matter, you want someone who has a high basketball IQ, a high human IQ, a high character person, someone who's a great communicator," Horst said about some of the qualities he was seeking in the next coach.

Budenholzer was a longtime assistant to Gregg Popovich in San Antonio before taking the Atlanta job. The Hawks have been on a downward spiral since his second season and fell to 24-58 this season, worst in the Eastern Conference. They hired former 76ers assistant Lloyd Pierce and have the No. 3 pick in next month's draft.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/05/1...ee-bucks-coach

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...cks/615972002/

Article talks about Bud's first day on the job. Him and Horst were in Chicago for draft combine. Also met up with Giannis and Middleton.

Interesting that the players mentioned by name in the bud presser were Giannis and midds.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Interesting that the players mentioned by name in the bud presser were Giannis and midds.
    Kind of but not really. If I am Bud, those are the only two that are untouchable - I would trade Midd for a stud - but saying as a coach those two are clearly the best players. Could trade the rest or will at least be looking into that and making roster upgrades I would hope.

I guess there was a contingency of us that thinks one of middleton or Parker has to go. Itís just too difficult to maximize the potential of the roster with basically our 3 best players playing the same 2 positions. So I think there was some serious thought that Middleton could potentially be the one on his way out. Heís about to get expensive, potentially more expensive than Jabari and probably could fetch more.

Bud obviously is privy to the plan moving forward. Canít imagine they have him meet with Middleton if thereís much thought of moving him. Now, everything changes in a second in the nba. Heck, the clips traded Blake griffin after holding a ceremony where they mock hoisted his jersey into the rafters to mimic his getting his number retired after playing his whole career with the clips. So it may not mean much, but to me, it means they probably arenít actively shopping him this offseason and the perfect deal needs to come along to move on from him.

And Iíll admit, itís likely me reading way too much into stuff. But I think we have a very poorly run franchise. The bud hiring seems great on paper, but it was a fairly obvious decision if he was willing to come. He and Casey were the most ďprovenĒ guys on the market. So itís hard to give them too much credit for making the relatively easy choice. So Iím not going to say they turned the corner on making bad decisions.

But it feels like we are going to completely scrape goat prunty and kidd. While they were both poor coaches, I think thereís more flaws to this team than just coaching. But if feels like we are going to run back a similar team with some topical changes, like adding a cheapish vet big man and maybe trading away a bad contract for a different bad deal. But fundamentally, I donít see us making wholesale changes. So weíll run the same team out there. And we should be better with results and maybe win a playoff series, but I donít see us being real competitors.

Then next offseason, we have Middleton expiring and have to make a call on him again then. We still wonít likely have a ton of cap space, unless we let a bunch of guys walk and have to rebuild the roster. And if we then whiff in free agency, we are screwed.

To me, this is the offseason to make some decisions. Decide between Middleton and Parker. Find a new pg and/or center. Make a call on Bledsoe and maybe even Brogdon. Strike while the iron is hot and guys have value. Bledsoeís is an expiring deal. Brogdon is a cheap player who can be a really solid bench option for a contender trying to squeeze under a certain financial threshold. Middleton is cheap right now, which means we could potentially get a decent young player for him (aka a guy still on his rookie deal).

Maybe we do a lot of that stuff, but Iíll believe it when I see it. I think itís going to be a disappointing offseason from a player movement perspective and the bucks.

According to Woelfel Sweeney,Baker,Augmon will get to stay. Foster and Broghammer were let go.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast