Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Offseason Thread

So far we have 3 draft picks this coming Offseason. 1 late round 1st from the Raptors and 2 second rounders. Possibly more draft picks could be coming if Sean Marks pulls off trades. I would shop Jeremy Lin Allen Crabbe and DeMarre Carroll. Maybe we can get draft picks for them. I prefer youth over aging vets. Playoff teams would be willing to trade for veteran pieces like Crabbe Carroll and Lin. They serve no purpose here in Brooklyn. It should be a fun offseason! We finally get our draft picks back, next year. This season should be about tanking the right way, and aiming for a top 5 pick in the 2019 draft, and letting bad contracts (Crabbe, Mozgov, Carroll) expire.

No one will take a chance on Lin, and Crabbe makes $19 mil per for 2 more seasons. Mozgov has 2 more years on his contract

Carroll is an expiring contract, but is our veteran presence.

Nets need size.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    No one will take a chance on Lin, and Crabbe makes $19 mil per for 2 more seasons. Mozgov has 2 more years on his contract

Carroll is an expiring contract, but is our veteran presence.

Nets need size.
    I agree. No one will give up anything for Lin until he shows he's healthy. He would be a trade deadline candidate if he doesn't miss any time.
    Carroll should be another trade deadline candidate- the Nets obviously love having his leadership but if they can get a pick or young player for him right before he expires I think Marks does it.
    About the only thing you can do with Mozgov is try to get him in shape and get him to contribute. He has no value on the trade market and they are already dealing with D-Will getting stretched. Not sure they want another contract on the books for that long.
    There aren't many centers that are going to be on the market, and with Allen playing so well, they won't invest a ton of money in the position. Maybe bring back Zeller or someone like that. Mozgov is going to get a bunch of chances again to be the backup.
    I'd love if they tried to trade Crabbe but I doubt that happens. We have enough guards with Lin, D-Lo, Levert and Harris alone and I think Harris does everything Crabbe does. But it seems like Marks loves him and Atkinson certainly gives him a ton of minutes. His defense was better than I thought it would be.

My gut says a couple smaller moves this year and maybe even next but you know Marks will be out there trying.

After Levert and Allen in back to back drafts with Marks at the helm, I'm excited to see what Marks can pull off with three picks in the draft. I assume he will go best available regardless of position, but does he go for upside before he goes for someone ready to play right away? I would be surprised to see all three picks used on players that are on the roster next season but you never know. Can they combine picks to move up or do they take a foreign stash?

They had apparent interest in Hamidou Diallo before he pulled out of the draft last year and he is a local kid. They may have been interested in Rodions Kurucs last year too. There was a lot of talk about Moe Wagner during Michigan's run in the NCAAA tournament and his parents said they are Nets fans and not Knicks fans. Someone like Trevon Duval could be an option as he was a top recruit coming into college but didn't live up to the hype. One other named that has peaked my interest is Justin Jackson (from Maryland, not the one the Kings drafted last year). He seems to fit the type of player the Nets are looking for both on and off the court. But he likely wouldn't be picked until the second half of second round. Jontay Porter seems like he could project as a nice backup for Jarrett Allen someday but he will probably get picked before the Nets get a chance.

I would hope the Nets combine picks to move up in the draft. We have done very well with our recent draft picks: Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Caris LeVert, and Jarrett Allen. We are set at the Point Guard position with Spencer Dinwiddie, D’Angelo Russell, and Jeremy Lin all capable of playing there. I agree the Nets need size.

Nets need size with strength.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Not sure if you guys all saw the rumor flying around in the last day or so but I figured I would throw it up here and see what you guys think-

RHJ, Carroll and 29 for Dwight and 11.

Demarre has been great for Brooklyn, but will be an expiring deal this year. Dwight will essentially be an expiring too. He isn't good in the locker room and Demarre is, but the Nets need a backup for Jarrett Allen as long as Moz isn't cutting it, and they can put plenty of other guys at the three.

I have always liked RHJ but I have said since they moved him to the power forward that I think he should be a three and not a four. He is also due to get paid after this year. Whatever rookie they take will be making peanuts compared to that in a year.

I think if Marks has this deal on the table he has to take it. He would probably be looking at a guy like Kevin Knox with the pick going off the rumors of who goes in the top ten and what kind of players they are looking for.

It sure sounds like Marks is going to be making moves on draft night. Again.

I would look at Trevon Duvall from Duke at 29. He should be better in the nba than college with a more open floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJDrew2 View Post
    Not sure if you guys all saw the rumor flying around in the last day or so but I figured I would throw it up here and see what you guys think-

RHJ, Carroll and 29 for Dwight and 11.

Demarre has been great for Brooklyn, but will be an expiring deal this year. Dwight will essentially be an expiring too. He isn't good in the locker room and Demarre is, but the Nets need a backup for Jarrett Allen as long as Moz isn't cutting it, and they can put plenty of other guys at the three.

I have always liked RHJ but I have said since they moved him to the power forward that I think he should be a three and not a four. He is also due to get paid after this year. Whatever rookie they take will be making peanuts compared to that in a year.

I think if Marks has this deal on the table he has to take it. He would probably be looking at a guy like Kevin Knox with the pick going off the rumors of who goes in the top ten and what kind of players they are looking for.

It sure sounds like Marks is going to be making moves on draft night. Again.
    I truly trust Sean Marks, who hasn't made a bad move since he got here. I can't wait for the Draft on Thursday.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Looks like it is Dwight for Mosgov and a couple 2nd rounders.

Not bad. Apparently it saves us money but idk how.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Looks like it is Dwight for Mosgov and a couple 2nd rounders.

Not bad. Apparently it saves us money but idk how.

We win the trade easily. Mozgov sucked and hated being here plus he would be here next year as well making $16M per season. Dwight is an expiring contract by 2019 the Nets will truly be in business.

TRUTH is.........Nets are Terrible

We really are talking about being as good a Last Place Team as possible...
    Nets are about Culture........
    Nets should be about Winning.....
    If Winning is Culture....than Nets have the Worst Culture in the NBA....
    Teams all over the League are making great strides and nets are always talking about the Future,,
    Even if the Nets get a top 5 Pick which I am sure they will get.....They have to make the right Pick,,,,,I doubt Nets management can make the right pick. But , if they make the right pick.,,,it will take years to develop.......The nets might be good in 2025...who cares.
    The Good Players that do become available,,,players that can make a difference....Nets are Not interested,,,,,I see no hope for the next 10 years unless they make a management change.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    So far we have 3 draft picks this coming Offseason. 1 late round 1st from the Raptors and 2 second rounders. Possibly more draft picks could be coming if Sean Marks pulls off trades. I would shop Jeremy Lin Allen Crabbe and DeMarre Carroll. Maybe we can get draft picks for them. I prefer youth over aging vets. Playoff teams would be willing to trade for veteran pieces like Crabbe Carroll and Lin. They serve no purpose here in Brooklyn. It should be a fun offseason! We finally get our draft picks back, next year. This season should be about tanking the right way, and aiming for a top 5 pick in the 2019 draft, and letting bad contracts (Crabbe, Mozgov, Carroll) expire.

Quote Originally Posted by NANDOKNICK View Post
    We really are talking about being as good a Last Place Team as possible...
    Nets are about Culture........
    Nets should be about Winning.....
    If Winning is Culture....than Nets have the Worst Culture in the NBA....
    Teams all over the League are making great strides and nets are always talking about the Future,,
    Even if the Nets get a top 5 Pick which I am sure they will get.....They have to make the right Pick,,,,,I doubt Nets management can make the right pick. But , if they make the right pick.,,,it will take years to develop.......The nets might be good in 2025...who cares.
    The Good Players that do become available,,,players that can make a difference....Nets are Not interested,,,,,I see no hope for the next 10 years unless they make a management change.
    I see you are looking forward to a miserable season
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Kenneth Faried will help the Nets

Kenneth Faried is a quality player....good rebounder,,,high energy....

It Pains me to think,,Nets do not have Hamidou Diallo......Kyle Kuzma....Mitch Robinson..
    Omari Spellman........and Jabari Parker.....or Isiah Thomas

Thumbs down Shabazz Napier

Shabazz Napier will outplay Isiah Thomas everyday.......
    What ever happen to a thing called Reality.....?

Napier ,,,,,another player that will never contribute to winning

Brooklyn deserves better...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast