Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

2 8.33%
  • Sixers in 6

9 37.50%
  • Sixers in 7

2 8.33%
  • Celtics in 4

1 4.17%
  • Celtics in 5

3 12.50%
  • Celtics in 6

3 12.50%
  • Celtics in 7

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

ECSF: [2] Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers [3] Celtics lead 3-1

vs

All games in EST

Game 1 in Boston: Monday, April 30, 8 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 in Boston: Thursday, May 3, 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 3 in Philadelphia: Saturday, May 5, 5 p.m. ET, ESPN

Game 4 in Philadelphia: Monday, May 7, 6:00 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 5 in Boston: Wednesday, May 9, TBA, TNT (if necessary)

Game 6 in Philadelphia: Friday, May 11, TBA, ESPN (if necessary)

Game 7 in Boston: Sunday, May 13, TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Joel Embiid
    PF: Robert Covington
    SF: Dario Saric
    SG: Ben Simmons
    PG: JJ Redick

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Aron Baynes
    PF: Al Horford
    SF: Jayson Tatum
    SG: Jaylen Brown
    PG: Terry Rozier

Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia

TD Garden, Boston

Who guards simmons?

Who guards Embiid?
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

This is not gonna end well for for Boston

Probably see mostly Semi on Simmons to start. Try to guard him like they did Giannis. Maybe even some Horford, but theyíll both get exposed by Simmonsí speed. And Baynes on Embiid with Horford getting him too. But they want to keep Horford out of foul trouble at all costs.

Idk, maybe Smart on Simmons just to try to be a pure agitator. But the size mismatch there is obvious.

There are catch-22ís all over the place no matter how they try to guard us.

But honestly, if Iím Boston I worry less about defense and more about offense. Their hardest challenge wonít even be defending us, it will be scoring with us.

Philly in 5

Baynes will likely start on Embiid and Horford on Simmons. They'll probably mix and match minutes around with everyone to give different looks. Monroe will have to see some minutes this series too.

The reality is no one can really get **** out but they can make it difficult. Neither Simmons nor Embiid have shot particularly great vs Cs.

I expect Philly to win in 6 games or so. Cs are playing with house money at this point with all the injuries. Even with all the injuries, Cs present a tougher matchup defensively than the Heat did because they have more length and better individual defenders. They all have more guys that can ISO on offense as well where MIA legit just had Dragic.

The barometer for Philly will be their scoring from Belineli/Reddick/Ilyasova. They have been playing out of their minds. If Cs defense can get them out of rhythm and those 3s stop going in at the rate they have been going in for them, they might be able to make it a tough out.

Overall, injuries and lack of upper tier catch up eventually as you progress in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It comes down to the 5 headed shooting monster in Beli/JJ/Illy/Cov/Saric. We've never faced the C's with this level of spacing available to us to really stretch them out. Usually our outside shooting is meh, so putting Horford on Embiid/Simmons never hurt them because they could collapse so easily. As we showed against the Heat, it's harder to do that on us now.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Baynes will likely start on Embiid and Horford on Simmons. They'll probably mix and match minutes around with everyone to give different looks. Monroe will have to see some minutes this series too.
    Who takes Saric then? Tatum?
    Does that put Smart on Cov? Rozier on JJ? Or Smart on JJ and Rozier on Cov? I think either way that give us an advantage in being able to shoot over those guys. How do you rotate that out if Brown comes back? What about when Saric and JJ go out and Beli and Illy are in? They're taller than the two they take out.

I think our size is going to continue to give some fits in this round as we just have size for days to throw at teams.

PROCESSING

Not sure Ojeleye will start like he did the past few games. Game 1 will likely be a bit of experimenting by Brad...He's always shuffling lineups in the playoffs.

To start

Baynes - Embiid
    Horford - Saric
    Tatum - Covington
    Brown - Simmons
    Rozier - Reddick

I trust that Brown has the ability to keep up with Simmons... If he can stay out of foul trouble they'll keep that match up. If he gets into trouble they'll shuffle in Ojeleye and Smart.

Rozier can handle Reddick.

Tatum is fine on Covington.

Horford should easily handle Covington

Embiid can have his way with Baynes, this is the matchup nightmare for us, but it is with 95% of the league sooo

The Celtics play great team defense anyways, the individual matchups are less concerning. Over the past 3 years we've had a ton of success against teams like GS and HOU who have huge individual matchup advantages against us but the team defense itself was able to slow them down.

I wish Kyrie and Hayward were here for this series, it'd be fun to see what the future holds for these 2 franchises. I'll admit, PHI will be hard to beat in this series. We're undermanned big time right now.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Who takes Saric then? Tatum?
    Does that put Smart on Cov? Rozier on JJ? Or Smart on JJ and Rozier on Cov? I think either way that give us an advantage in being able to shoot over those guys. How do you rotate that out if Brown comes back? What about when Saric and JJ go out and Beli and Illy are in? They're taller than the two they take out.

I think our size is going to continue to give some fits in this round as we just have size for days to throw at teams.
    With Brown out, I wouldn't be surprised if Semi got another start. Saric is bigger than Tatum and Tatum is physically strong enough at this point in his career. If no remember correctly from last game, Saric gave Tatum issues.

So what I think we'll see:

Baynes-Embiid
    Horford-Simmons
    Ojeleye-Saric
    Tatum-Covington
    Rozier-Reddick

I guess you could say Ojeleye and Horford could switch as well so that's a possibility too.

I think the big key for Cs will be limiting the shooters. Embiid/Simmons might get theirs but Philly really relies on big games from Reddick and Belinelli to be good so limiting those guys will ultimately determine the game imo.

Matchups by minutes spent at position (playoffs)

PG - Simmons, McConnell, Fultz, Redick
    PG - Rozier, Larkin, Smart

SG - Redick, Belinelli, Fultz, Simmons
    SG - Brown, Smart, Rozier, Tatum

Position playing % will be telling on what these guys will do. When it comes to PHI - Simmons makes it a little less clear on matchups but if we group both positions together I think you'll likely see Brown and Smart on Simmons with Ojeleye coming in as well. Rozier/Larkin will take the off guard.

SF - Covington, Belinelli, Anderson
    SF - Tatum, Brown, Ojeleye, Morris, Yabusele

Covington and Belinelli will be matched up with Tatum and Morris

PF - Saric, Ilyasova, Covington, Anderson
    PF - Morris, Ojeleye, Horford, Baynes, Yabusele

Saric and Ilyasova will be matched up with Morris

C - Embiid, Johnson, Ilyasova, Holmes
    C - Horford, Baynes, Monroe

Embiid draws Horford/Baynes and hopefully never Monroe. When Johnson is on the floor Baynes likely will be too.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    With Brown out, I wouldn't be surprised if Semi got another start. Saric is bigger than Tatum and Tatum is physically strong enough at this point in his career. If no remember correctly from last game, Saric gave Tatum issues.

So what I think we'll see:

Baynes-Embiid
    Horford-Simmons
    Ojeleye-Saric
    Tatum-Covington
    Rozier-Reddick

I guess you could say Ojeleye and Horford could switch as well so that's a possibility too.

I think the big key for Cs will be limiting the shooters. Embiid/Simmons might get theirs but Philly really relies on big games from Reddick and Belinelli to be good so limiting those guys will ultimately determine the game imo.

This is key. The key is to force everything inside. Embiid and Simmons will get their points. We need to disrupt PHI 3 point game and not allow them to get it going. If they start missing from deep it'll pivot the game in our favor. On the other end...We need to shoot well from the outside and get to the FT line.

City of Champions

Really sucks that the Celtics are so undermanned. If even one of Kyrie or Hayward are healthy, this would be a different series /:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Really sucks that the Celtics are so undermanned. If even one of Kyrie or Hayward are healthy, this would be a different series /:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I mean it's disappointing for the entire NBA.
    Losing one All-Star off your team (like Steph or Boogie) is bad enough for the league and their hopes to have a competitive postseason. At this point Boston is without it's two best players and no one even knows if or when their 3rd/4th best player (Brown) will return.
    And it's a shame cuz this series (even without Hayward) could've been really fun to watch.
    And that's much-needed; another completely lackluster, boring NBA postseason underway once again.

Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast