Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I automatically want to discredit every quarterback that the browns draft, simply because they typically do a terrible job evaluating quarterbacks. Sorry baker. :/ prove me wrong

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I really hope heís a beast, itíll be great for the league if he is.

But yea you almost have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    That trade by Philly to move ahead of Dallas and David Akers ripping the Cowboys with his rant were the highlights of the draft.
    Yea that rant was pretty damn funny.

Kind of had to after Drew Pearson.

Just so happens they got the ultimate trump card now.

[emoji17]

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasTeam View Post
    For what itís worth I donít dallas had any intention to draft a TE in the second. Mainly for these reasons. A few picks before then they brought Marinelli and Richard into the war room in what appeared to be to select a defensive player but once the Eagles came in and took a TE thatís when they brought in the o-line coach and people with ties to the player. My guess on this was they thought Williams was gonna be gone and weíre considering the offer for a second rounder for Earl Thomas and/or another defensive player most likely in the secondary. And when Williams was available they went ape **** and send Marinelli and Richard out and brought in the O-line coach.

They war room gave zero indication that they were interested in a TE. Seeing as the TE coach was there as was linehan for the call with the TE they did select.
    Yea that was the other guy they had in there.

I thought they were shaking hands ahead of time. Maybe that was just LVE then.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    He just comes off as a kid who didn't get his *** kicked enough growing up.
    I donít get why that would turn off teams tho. Itís not like he doesnít seem driven right?

Yankees Farm System

I guess the cowboys and Eagles will have a rookie tight end battle. Can't wait

Lol that shouldnít be much of a battle unless Rico turns into a young Gates.

And heís not who they are even talking bout starting. Think they trying to light a fire under his *** because they are heated at how long he held himself out for that concussion in preseason.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm not suggesting Wonderlic scores are the be all end all re intelligence, but it's generally a given that unintelligent people do not attain high scores

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs
    Josh Allen: 37
    Josh Rosen: 29
    Sam Darnold: 28
    Baker Mayfield: 25
    Lamar Jackson: 13
    The Wonderlic is pretty general and contains a lot of biases.

Some teams use a new intelligence test though called the "Athletic Intelligence Quotient": https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/ba...t-oklahoma-pff Mayfield is supposed to have aced that one.

Fun fact: Employers are not allowed to have job prospects undergo intelligence tests. But the Wonderlic is OK because it it's called the Wonderlic, not intelligence test.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Wonderlic is pretty general and contains a lot of biases.

Some teams use a new intelligence test though called the "Athletic Intelligence Quotient": https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/ba...t-oklahoma-pff Mayfield is supposed to have aced that one.

Fun fact: Employers are not allowed to have job prospects undergo intelligence tests. But the Wonderlic is OK because it it's called the Wonderlic, not intelligence test.
    That and within the combine it's become lazily called an intelligence test, but really it's a test to determine decision making, pressure, and accuracy. And not in the on the field but more mental acuity testing. How quick can you recognize patterns, can your predict things, and with the pressure of time the more questions you accurately answer shows your mental acuity on the field.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Yea that rant was pretty damn funny.

Kind of had to after Drew Pearson.

Just so happens they got the ultimate trump card now.

[emoji17]

I thought it was funny that he was ranting even though he doesnít have a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I thought it was funny that he was ranting even though he doesnít have a ring.
    So only those who have an actual ring are allowed to taunt others about winning the Super Bowl?

Damn, I should have known this before 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Lol that shouldnít be much of a battle unless Rico turns into a young Gates.

And heís not who they are even talking bout starting. Think they trying to light a fire under his *** because they are heated at how long he held himself out for that concussion in preseason.

So who is going to be the cowboys starting tight end? I'm really just curious at this point.. I mean that's some huge shoes to fill, coming in after Jason witten retires and all.. That'd be intimidating as hell, if you are vying for the starting tight end spot on the Dallas cowboys, this is the guy you'd be replacing. Lol

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/statu...567741952?s=19

Your baby can't do this

So who is going to be the cowboys starting tight end? I'm really just curious at this point.. I mean that's some huge shoes to fill, coming in after Jason witten retires and all.. That'd be intimidating as hell, if you are vying for the starting tight end spot on the Dallas cowboys, this is the guy you'd be replacing. Lol

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/statu...567741952?s=19
    Didn't you hear that Dalton Schultz was the steal of the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Denver was trying to trade up with the Giants, but I'm sure it fell through when Mayfield went 1. Mayfield was the QB Denver really wanted.
    They were planning to trade back to 15 with Arizona, so either they knew Mayfield was going #1 and weren't planning to trade up, or they thought Mayfield would be there at #15.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

NFL Draft Review

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    So only those who have an actual ring are allowed to taunt others about winning the Super Bowl?

Damn, I should have known this before 2018.
    When you go up on a stage in front of thousands of people and start talking about Championships, yea you should probably have a ring. Why not just have someone from the SB team make the pick? Heíd have bragging rights and could have ranted and raved all he wanted. Having some spare ex kicker do it just leaves it open for people to talk trash about the display he put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    They were planning to trade back to 15 with Arizona, so either they knew Mayfield was going #1 and weren't planning to trade up, or they thought Mayfield would be there at #15.
    Per Schefter, Denver had a trade worked out with Buffalo on Wednesday afternoon the day before the draft to move back to 12. The deal would have sent 12, 22, and one of Buffalo's 2nd round picks for 5 and Denver's 3rd and was contingent on how the first round fell. When Chubb was still available, Denver called off the trade. When they agreed to it, they didn't think there was any chance that Chubb wouldn't go within the first four picks. Buffalo then called Indianapolis about 6 and finally Tampa Bay who they worked out a deal with for 7. If Chubb had been taken by Cleveland at 4, they'd have traded back to 12 as the deal had already been completed, so there was no plan to trade back to 15 with Arizona. I don't believe they were in on any QB, either. We know they wanted Chubb and I would say that Barkley was probably the only other player that would've kept them from moving back.

Percentage of total passing yards that were gained through the air in 2017.

1. Allen, 67%
    2. Jackson, 54%
    3. Darnold, 53%
    4. Rosen, 51%
    5. Mayfield, 49%

For those that think Allen didn't throw for enough yards. He had significantly less help from his receivers in YAC.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast