Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,015
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Wizards should trade Wall instead. Let them team up elsewhere.
    Either they build over Wall or Beal because I can't see those two co-existing. It's much easier to trade Wall because he's got better value than Beal but as the Wizards, convincing a free agent of Wall's caliber is very difficult. IMO, trade Beal+Gortat for Solomon Hill+Cousins through sign and trade. Pelicans get a top five SG (who can play alongside Jrue to replace Rondo) and Gortat is a decent center. Wizards get rid of Gortat/Beal and get a Wall+Cousins duo - which I believe matches each other perfectly in terms of skillset.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    9,739
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    he is a bad play maker period. dude has the skill to be a go to scorer, beast on the offensive glass etc. He should not be dribbling the ball all over the floor. He racks up assist solely b/c he is ball dominate and he doesn't ****ing need to be. Cousins is like a kid too many toys. He is the opposite of what Duncan was. Timmy had a sick handle for a big but he used his talents ergonomicly. He wasn't gonna take the rock out of Manu or Tony's hands so he could put it in b/t his legs 5 times and try cross someone up.
    In terms of actual passing ability, Cousins is one of the top among bigs. I watched him do it for years in Sacramento. The ability is there without a doubt. It's more a matter of keeping him willing to pass, because he does go into black hole mode sometimes. He also makes some bone-headed decisions passing the ball, but overall he's actually pretty good when committed to playmaking. It will just always depend on keeping him focused on doing the right things and not getting upset over every stupid call that goes against him.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Either they build over Wall or Beal because I can't see those two co-existing. It's much easier to trade Wall because he's got better value than Beal but as the Wizards, convincing a free agent of Wall's caliber is very difficult. IMO, trade Beal+Gortat for Solomon Hill+Cousins through sign and trade. Pelicans get a top five SG (who can play alongside Jrue to replace Rondo) and Gortat is a decent center. Wizards get rid of Gortat/Beal and get a Wall+Cousins duo - which I believe matches each other perfectly in terms of skillset.
    Yeah, I think Wall+Beal is done. If I'm Washington, I'm sick of dealing with Wall's public comments about the team while not taking the team to the finals. I still think Wall is a great player, but he is what he is at this point, and they would benefit from trading him while his value is still high. I think the Wall and Cousins pairing is finally going to happen, but Pelicans (Wall for Jrue being the base of the deal) or Lakers (all that cap and the assets to trade for Wall) are my guesses.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,046
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    You only said that because these guys were college teammates... Their playstyle matches each other very well but many have been saying they should team up together for years.
    its more than that... id be fine with them trading wall and keeping beal and cousins... the trade works because not that their play styles work with each other its that both the wizards and pelicans have had the same problem all season... they have 2 guys on their teams that hurts the other... similar situations and both teams become actual contenders if a trade is worked out.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    17,015
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    its more than that... id be fine with them trading wall and keeping beal and cousins... the trade works because not that their play styles work with each other its that both the wizards and pelicans have had the same problem all season... they have 2 guys on their teams that hurts the other... similar situations and both teams become actual contenders if a trade is worked out.
    How does Cousins hurt the Pelicans? If Cousins was in the Pelicans right now, Warriors would 100% need Curry. Cousins and AD put an absolute beating on any team's frontcourt to where your only shot is beating them with your guards. Considering Rondo+Jrue are very good guards, it's going to take a lot to beat that Pelicans team 4/7 times. Beating the Trailblazers doesn't prove much. Blazers relied on ISO-ball with two players and a lack of ball movement. It was easy to stop Lillard because Lillard isn't exactly the best playmaker and he'll force terrible shots. You can't do that vs the Warriors.

    As for Wall, well, that's a lie. Wall makes the Wizards a dangerous team. It's just his attitude is difficult to get along with. And that's where Cousins comes in. Both players are hard-headed and arrogant. They are, however, two teammates who have respect for one another. It'll be a duo that works not because they are the best center/PG but because they have chemistry together and their style of play are direct compliments of one another.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,868
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    How does Cousins hurt the Pelicans? If Cousins was in the Pelicans right now, Warriors would 100% need Curry. Cousins and AD put an absolute beating on any team's frontcourt to where your only shot is beating them with your guards. Considering Rondo+Jrue are very good guards, it's going to take a lot to beat that Pelicans team 4/7 times. Beating the Trailblazers doesn't prove much. Blazers relied on ISO-ball with two players and a lack of ball movement. It was easy to stop Lillard because Lillard isn't exactly the best playmaker and he'll force terrible shots. You can't do that vs the Warriors.

    As for Wall, well, that's a lie. Wall makes the Wizards a dangerous team. It's just his attitude is difficult to get along with. And that's where Cousins comes in. Both players are hard-headed and arrogant. They are, however, two teammates who have respect for one another. It'll be a duo that works not because they are the best center/PG but because they have chemistry together and their style of play are direct compliments of one another.
    If Cousin didn’t get hurt the Pelicans wouldn’t have made the playoffs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17,356
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Either they build over Wall or Beal because I can't see those two co-existing. It's much easier to trade Wall because he's got better value than Beal but as the Wizards, convincing a free agent of Wall's caliber is very difficult. IMO, trade Beal+Gortat for Solomon Hill+Cousins through sign and trade. Pelicans get a top five SG (who can play alongside Jrue to replace Rondo) and Gortat is a decent center. Wizards get rid of Gortat/Beal and get a Wall+Cousins duo - which I believe matches each other perfectly in terms of skillset.
    Coexisting on or off the floor? Because if its off Wall and Beal are fine. The players also attacked Beal as well as Wall.


    PAPI SMASH!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,868
    If they could do it I think Jordan is a much better fit with Wall then Cousins


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,252
    Cousins to Wizards is a match made in heaven. Most likely; it'll have to be a S&T to get this deal done.

    - Gortat, Porter, 2018 1st & 2nd rd pick for Cousins & Asik

    NO: Davis/Mirotic/Porter/Holiday/Rondo.
    Key B : Gortat, Hill, Miller, Jackson

    WAS: Cousins/Morris/Obrue/Beal/Wall
    Key B: Mahinmi, Smith, Meeks, Satorsky,

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    23,675
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If they could do it I think Jordan is a much better fit with Wall then Cousins


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ooh for sure, that's a good match. i'd bet on that being more successful than Wall/Cousins. jordan can catch lobs, set screens and clean up the offensive glass. good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    17,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ooh for sure, that's a good match. i'd bet on that being more successful than Wall/Cousins. jordan can catch lobs, set screens and clean up the offensive glass. good call.
    Yeah I agree, DJ would thrive in Washington. Takes no shots away from Wall/Beal and brings a huge boost on the defensive end. Also for when plays breakdown because of Wall dribbling in circles he would then have one of the easiest guys to throw lobs for on his team. If the Wiz got DJ they’d probably be right around 5th in the East.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,973
    I'm not sure why so many people don't like Cousins. Granted, he's a bit of a head case, but when healthy, he's one of the best centers in the game if not they best. He's a willing passer but never really had much talent around him in Sacramento to pass to yet, he flirted with a couple of triple doubles. Washington would be the right situation for him, not to mention that the Wizards are over the cap so they can't sign him unless it was in a sign and trade deal.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,868

    Cousins to the Wizards?

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I'm not sure why so many people don't like Cousins. Granted, he's a bit of a head case, but when healthy, he's one of the best centers in the game if not they best. He's a willing passer but never really had much talent around him in Sacramento to pass to yet, he flirted with a couple of triple doubles. Washington would be the right situation for him, not to mention that the Wizards are over the cap so they can't sign him unless it was in a sign and trade deal.
    Bc I don’t think those things are true. He isn’t the best center and he is not a willing passer. He racks up assists bc he is talented and totally over dribbles and holds the ball too long. If he let Jrue and Rando handle while he focused on moving without the ball/setting screens and finishing everyone would be better off


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    14,840
    Racking up assists and/or being a good passer has nothing to do with being a willing passer.

    I agree with others who've said he is willing.

    He is not a black hole who tries to get his FGAs in at all costs like a Whiteside or Randolph guys who think any shot within 10 feet is a good shot.

    Cousins is a willing passer. Yes he tries to do to much and is too ball dominant at times.... But so is his teammate Rondo who hunts for assists.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    31,868
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Racking up assists and/or being a good passer has nothing to do with being a willing passer.

    I agree with others who've said he is willing.

    He is not a black hole who tries to get his FGAs in at all costs like a Whiteside or Randolph guys who think any shot within 10 feet is a good shot.

    Cousins is a willing passer. Yes he tries to do to much and is too ball dominant at times.... But so is his teammate Rondo who hunts for assists.
    Rando is the man


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •