Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jazz in 4

0 0%
  • Jazz in 5

0 0%
  • Jazz in 6

2 20.00%
  • Jazz in 7

0 0%
  • Rockets in 4

0 0%
  • Rockets in 5

4 40.00%
  • Rockets in 6

4 40.00%
  • Rockets in 7

0 0%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't post it in the Cleveland-Toronto thread, that's awesome!

As for this game, well I'm wrong on another prediction Thought that Houston would have a fairly easy time dispatching the Jazz at home, and be able to battle them down in a sweep. I'm cooking the crow now fellas.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    That logic is just so horrible... someone doesnt have to close something out if they dont shoot 5 for 19 and overall 6-21

I love it really... 6-21 17/11 with 3 turnovers= Dudes legit to most in here... ben just had an awful game and dropped 18/7/7 with 7 turnovers on 6-11 shooting and its he is awful .
    Agreed

Consistently poor logic from basketball fans.

If he shot like Ingles all game, there wouldn't be anything to close out.

People love the killer instinct and ability to score when it matters, but completely ignore when players **** the bed earlier in the game or are inefficient, creating the hole in the first place.

I will say though, Mitchel gets a lot of attention by the defense, creating some of those other looks for players, and that's pretty valuable.

Fans love the flash and creating their own shot over the drawn up, open corner 3 from a fundamental guy like Ingles

Ingles - 27/3/2 - 3 TO - 10/13 - 7/9 on 3 0/0 FT - 0/0 Steals/Blocks
    Mitchel - 17/11/5 - 3 TO - 6/21 - 2/8 on 3 3/4 FT - 2/0 Steals/Blocks

Both are needed, and I think Mitchel was a bigger factor on defense, but the Jazz can't win that game without Ingles scoring more than 2 points per shot attempt
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 05-03-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    no my education is quite fine, youre just another arrogant warriors fan who was none existent 5 years ago
    It's funny when people talk about education, and then have grammar mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Not really, everyone just wants to run it and play fast pace basketball, a defensive minded team would slow the pace and momentum down throwing off the other team's rhythm thats what the Jazz do at times they are prob the best defensive team left in the playoffs (and maybe Celtics)
    And how would you do that? The biggest change to the game is that people figured out analytics (math). It is better to shoot 40 percent from 3 than 55% from 2. Defense isn't any worse. People are just shooting much more high value shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Agreed

People love the killer instinct and ability to score when it matters, but completely ignore when players **** the bed earlier in the game or are inefficient, creating the hole in the first place.

I will say though, Mitchel gets a lot of attention by the defense, creating some of those other looks for players, and that's pretty valuable.

Fans love the flash and creating their own shot over the drawn up, open corner 3 from a fundamental guy like Ingles

Both are needed, and I think Mitchel was a bigger factor on defense, but the Jazz can't win that game without Ingles scoring more than 2 points per shot attempt
    2 pts in the first quarter isnít equivalent to 2 pts in the 4th. If d Mitch has a good shooting night, so many other things change, you canít just retroactively add the points to the game, lol

Regardless of what happened, he closed the game nicely, thatís much more valuable than opening the game nicely

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    2 pts in the first quarter isnít equivalent to 2 pts in the 4th. If d Mitch has a good shooting night, so many other things change, you canít just retroactively add the points to the game, lol

Regardless of what happened, he closed the game nicely, thatís much more valuable than opening the game nicely
    Couldn't disagree anymore strongly lol

Couldn't disagree anymore strongly lol
    Sure, eye of the beholder type a deal I guess

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, eye of the beholder type a deal I guess
    😂

Agreed

Lol at if he shot like Ingles all game there would be nothing to close out. Is someone debating that Ingles was not their best player last night (Mitchell spent the first half locked up + in foul trouble)? It was one of the best games of his life. If Ingles shot like that every game we could do away with the playoffs and have a random drawing for 2nd place every year. Jinglin' Joe!

my #1 concern for the Rockets and the ONLY reason I have not told myself they will beat the Warriors this year

when things get tight, they go ISO. They run a lot of ISO. I know the ball movement has been better this year but they really dont have an offense that has set plays

when the Rockets D is firing, they are fast, they move the ball, they are truly unstoppable and look like the best team in the league.

when the Rockets D isnt firing, they resort to ISO ball on offense. Paul and Harden are good enough to where they will get away with it and still create open shots but they dont have to many set plays I feel

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    my #1 concern for the Rockets and the ONLY reason I have not told myself they will beat the Warriors this year

when things get tight, they go ISO. They run a lot of ISO. I know the ball movement has been better this year but they really dont have an offense that has set plays

when the Rockets D is firing, they are fast, they move the ball, they are truly unstoppable and look like the best team in the league.

when the Rockets D isnt firing, they resort to ISO ball on offense. Paul and Harden are good enough to where they will get away with it and still create open shots but they dont have to many set plays I feel
    This is a description of the Warriors. Few set plays, D gets the offense going ... but they learned over the years not to go too iso heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This is a description of the Warriors. Few set plays, D gets the offense going ... but they learned over the years not to go too iso heavy.
    you can tell me im wrong on this, cause you have watched way more warriors games than I have

dont the warriors run more? meaning, off ball movement, screens to free up shooters? I feel when i watch the warriors, they do go iso but when its not working, they are smart enough to run something to get the offense back on track and I see people from the Warriors away from the ball move

when i watch the rockets, its screen at the top, shooters around and ISO for Harden or Paul, not much movement or backscreens or anything

feel free to correct me because I know you have watched more GSW than I have

First Sim League Title!

you can tell me im wrong on this, cause you have watched way more warriors games than I have

dont the warriors run more? meaning, off ball movement, screens to free up shooters? I feel when i watch the warriors, they do go iso but when its not working, they are smart enough to run something to get the offense back on track and I see people from the Warriors away from the ball move

when i watch the rockets, its screen at the top, shooters around and ISO for Harden or Paul, not much movement or backscreens or anything

feel free to correct me because I know you have watched more GSW than I have
    Kerr pretty much only calls plays out of timeouts, the rest of the time there is a general system of movement that has logical progressions that the players run themselves. So they may run floppy or an elevator and set screens and picks and cut off of action and there are foundations from the triple post offense and Princeton and D'Antoni's offense they are not set plays but just what the players want to do. It only works because Klay is always moving and he and Curry set screens and picks for each other and the other players are smart enough to be adaptable. The end result is that it's really hard to defend because they tend to do whatever works. That said, in practice the coaches will talk about what is and isn't working in the flow and make adjustments to it. I really think the biggest reason the Warriors work is that they have enough really smart players on the floor at any one time that the coach doesn't have to call plays. And, of course, they have KD, Curry, and Klay who can bail them out in a fraction of a second with a shot from anywhere.

When I watch the Rockets the players have certain places and motions but it's all levered off of the incredible individual talents of Harden and CP3, and they may be a bit more likely to get impatient than the Warriors.

You have them pegged dead wrong. This is a team that scores based on taking open 3's (even of it's with 20 seconds on the clock and the first look they get), pick and pops/rolls, and ISOLATION (which often ends in a oop, a layup, a step-back 3 from Harden, or a trip to the line). They are incredible in ISO, and have used it all year. They don't pass (there is an inherent advantage in this in that it results in less turnovers). They ranked dead last in passes per game. They exploit defenses via ISO dominance more than anything else, and that plays very well in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    You have them pegged dead wrong. This is a team that scores based on taking open 3's (even of it's with 20 seconds on the clock and the first look they get), pick and pops/rolls, and ISOLATION (which often ends in a oop, a layup, a step-back 3 from Harden, or a trip to the line). They are incredible in ISO, and have used it all year. They don't pass (there is an inherent advantage in this in that it results in less turnovers). They ranked dead last in passes per game. They exploit defenses via ISO dominance more than anything else, and that plays very well in the playoffs.
    they are incredible in ISO, but i think that speaks to my overall point, of its going to be easier to defend. When they play GSW their increbile ISO is only going to work so much, GSW will be able to lock that down with the length they have, which is why they need to move more to create openings in the playoffs

First Sim League Title!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast