Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Josh Allen

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    It just amazes me how Tyrod gets us to the playoffs with this group and people think we got to the playoffs despite of him rather than because of him. When Cleveland breaks their drought with Tyrod, I am looking forward to hearing the logic on how it wasnít because of Tyrod.

Just remember when I said we are a winning team with him at QB and we would be a 3 win team without him. Since Tyrod was here, the only game this team won without him on the field was the blizzard game with Webb at QB. That was the only game ever won by this team without Tyrod being our QB. But ignore it. Its easier that way. Besides woods and incognito, this is the same team as last year. Letís compare the record in 16 weeks.
    Cleveland will eventually break their playoff drought and may well get back there before the Bills do again but I'd put it at about a 10% chance that Tyrod is even still on their roster at that point. He was brought there to be a bridge QB and nothing more.

I've actually always liked Tyrod and he's a heck of a lot better than most of the stiffs that the Bills have put under center since Jim Kelly. His pocket awareness goes really overlooked and we all know that he runs well and doesn't make many mistakes that hurt his team. But those attributes only take a team to the next level when every other aspect of the team is outstanding. He's the textbook definition of "game manager".

I thought the Bills did Tyrod dirty last season with the benchings and obvious unwillingness to get behind him in any meaningful way. However, I understand their organizational belief that we need a special QB to take this team to the next level. Whether or not Allen is that special QB is debatable but we know that Tyrod isn't. With this year's supporting cast around him Tyrod probably would have gone 6-10 while our current QBs will probably go 4-12. Honestly, I'd rather go 4-12, get a higher draft slot and hopefully develop a QB that can actually take this team to the next level.

We are definitely in the midst of a rebuild, hence starting Peterman is probably the right choice.

We keep talking about getting better WRs. I don't see any real good UFA's in 2019 - perhaps golden tate is the best?

We will be too high of a pick to take a WR in rd 1 next year. Perhaps they make a trade during the season.

No such thing as too high if the talent is there. Assuming we pick around 5th then trading down is a possibility. But if there is a Julio Jones or Megatron then you pick that player. I'm only worrying about getting support for Allen next offseason. It's sad when you don't even want to play your best QB because the team isn't good enough to put him in a position to succeed.

If you think back to the qb's who have become great, they were all put in a position to succeed early in their careers. That's why I think Jackson might really pan out in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I posted the numbers somewhere on this forum before the draft, but the Bills did make the playoffs in spite of Tyrod. He sucked against playoff caliber teams last year.
    So it was Tyrod who sucked against playoff teams?

When I look back at the year, all I remember is Zay Jones dropping every single pass thrown to him. lookback at the repeated WR's running routes out of bounds. O'Leary spiking the ball after a first down catch, but since he was never down by contact, it became a fumble and the Jets beat us by 1 score. I remember that we had 3 games In a row, that three different teams, set Franchise records in rushing against Buffalo's Defense. But yeah, not the win-loss record, you found other numbers to support your opinion on how Tyrod Sucks.

Here is nugget of information most of you will all pretend to not know. And that is, That Tyrod Taylor holds the franchise record for throwing the most completed passes, without an interception. Who cares if he only threw 20 passes per game. He has thrown the most passes completed, WITHOUT an interception. Under Rex, McDermott, we have been a running offensive team.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-04-2018 at 02:36 PM.

What are you even talking about bro?

I like that Allen should give us an advantage of we ever see any home playoff games because he's a cold weather QB.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112