Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you like this pick?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Unsure

0 0%
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Patriots select Florida DB Duke Dawson #56 overall

Thoughts? How do you like him as our slot guy? Do you think he safety positional versatility? What role do you think he will play in the defense and how will he split time with our other corners?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Love his name. I think he'll be a stud as the slot corner. I think he'll be a durable, effective underrated player like Logan Ryan.

Rowe and McCourty can battle for that outside #2 spot while Jon Jones and Dawson take the slot. Future of Cyrus in New England looking bleak.

HOLY ****

I'd say he's a slot that could maybe also figure into the Chung role.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I was skeptical of the pick that early but from videos Iíve watched of him tonight Iíve warmed up to the pick.

He seems quick and gets his hands on a lot of balls. One thingís for sure, he doesnít shy away from contact and plays very physical.......He will lay the wood. Another positive is that he seems to be a very good open field tackler.

He's a physical, quick and versatile player that could start this year at every D-backer position not manned by Gilmore or Devin McCourty and he can play STs.

I like the pick.

We do have good quality depth at corner thatís definitely a plus.

Our nickel last year was a lot of Harmon/McCourty deep and Chung playing slot CB. Maybe we can switch that up this year. Take Harmon off the field for a slot CB like Dawson. Instead of 2 deep, play 1 deep with Chung playing SS rather than slot CB. That allows him to go back to covering TEs and backs more and ease the burden on our weaker LBs.

Not sure we have the outside CB opposite of Gilmore to do that though. Rowe/McCourty is OK but it isn't great. That's part of why I wanted Talib or Sherman so bad. The trickle down effect could have helped the LB coverage issues.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Bentley and Sam can replace Roberts and Harris, I'm wondering if this guy replaces Richards. Maybe we list him as a safety and roll with an extra corner.

DB group

FS: DMcCourty, Harmon
    SS: Chung, *Dawson
    CB: Gilmore, JMcCourty, Rowe, JJones, CJones/other

Sent packing: Richards

That's 9 players at DB(not accounting ST guys). You can take Dawson and put him at corner removing CJones/other and put Richards back at SS, but I don't really see the point.

FWIW, I really like how our secondary looks. We have depth everywhere.. both safety spots(finally), outside and in the slot.

HOLY ****