Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He's not choosing favorites, but he's choosing that people die/cease to exist. His thoughts are that reducing the population will allow the universe to continue to exist based off of his thoughts. Plus he's doing more to save himself really. I doubt if it was, "Thanos, to save the universe, you have to die," Thanos would sacrifice himself. He's in it to save the universe for his own/the Titan benefit rather than the greater good for the universe as a whole.
    How do you know he didn't include himself in the randomness?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    How do you know he didn't include himself in the randomness?
    I don't know that, but just because someone plays Russian Roulette doesn't mean they'd also take the definitive chance they'd die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I just rewatched last night. Anyone else really disappointed by Drax "The Destroyer"? He is nothing but comic relief now. Sometimes it's funny, but they got rid of any action for this character. In GTOG 2 he fights during the opening credits, then nothing. In IW he is taken out by the reality stone instantly, Dr. Strange's cape immediately, and first person knocked down and out against Thanos. The only thing he does is he slides by Thanos once with blades and cuts Thano's calves and holds his leg when they try to get off the gauntlet.

I don't mind Drax being used for laughs but he should still be pretty kick *** from time to time. Especially with his history and motivation against Thanos. Big disappoint for me in this film.

I'm not a huge comic book fan, so the Drax I know is the one portrayed in the movies. Therefore, I don't have quite the same disappointment. I think one of the issues is that there is only so much screen time to go around. I mean, you can't make everyone look strong when you have like 50 super heroes and at the same time you are trying to build up the big bad villain. The movie was long enough. You want to make it longer just to have an extended Drax fighting scene? I'm sorry, but it's just not very practical. Now in the separate Gaurdians movie, they can perhaps make a point of showing Drax kick some ***, but in the Infinity Wars there just isn't enough screen time to accommodate a relatively minor character like that.

And with that said, Drax was hilarious. I laughed pretty hard at some of his scenes. The humor in these movies is what makes these movies great.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I'm not a huge comic book fan, so the Drax I know is the one portrayed in the movies. Therefore, I don't have quite the same disappointment. I think one of the issues is that there is only so much screen time to go around. I mean, you can't make everyone look strong when you have like 50 super heroes and at the same time you are trying to build up the big bad villain. The movie was long enough. You want to make it longer just to have an extended Drax fighting scene? I'm sorry, but it's just not very practical. Now in the separate Gaurdians movie, they can perhaps make a point of showing Drax kick some ***, but in the Infinity Wars there just isn't enough screen time to accommodate a relatively minor character like that.

And with that said, Drax was hilarious. I laughed pretty hard at some of his scenes. The humor in these movies is what makes these movies great.
    All I'm saying is it'd be nice for him not to be immediately taken out in each fight. I'm not saying expand anything, just don't make him a complete waste when it comes to fighting. It would take 10 seconds for him to land a few impressive hits or just not go down right away.

The film gave Black Widow 2 fight scenes, Nebula got a few hits in, Mantis played more of a key role, and Wong fought some. If you rewatch this movie, Drax is consistently the first character taken down. In the GOTG 1 he is seen as a formidable warrior but now he's just a joke. It is what it is, he's just a disappointment to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    All I'm saying is it'd be nice for him not to be immediately taken out in each fight. I'm not saying expand anything, just don't make him a complete waste when it comes to fighting. It would take 10 seconds for him to land a few impressive hits or just not go down right away.

The film gave Black Widow 2 fight scenes, Nebula got a few hits in, Mantis played more of a key role, and Wong fought some. If you rewatch this movie, Drax is consistently the first character taken down. In the GOTG 1 he is seen as a formidable warrior but now he's just a joke. It is what it is, he's just a disappointment to me personally.
    It honestly fits though... He lets anger get in his way and just rushes in on top of that he is basically just powerful and powerful isnt going to cut it against thanos where is others like widow and so on use their speed/brains... If it was any other bad guy it might work... He is just a horrid fit for these wars where so many other top guys are here to get screen time and fit better. Look what thanos did to the hulk... Having drax get any shots in would be just silly.

Eh, I could understand that if other characters also couldnít damage or fight against Thanos. Several characters land punches against Thanos that are much weaker than him.

However, I understandthat argument. Iím more disappointed by being immediately taken out immediately by Strangeís cape and his total uselessness in GTOG 2. I get that fans think heís funny now so thatís his role. His humor outside of the first Guardians just doesnít do it for me. Each joke is overly dragged out and he went from lacking common sense to just being an idiot. But heís a fan favorite so itís working, just a personal gripe of mine.

Not a lot of the heroes got any good shots in on Thanos. Drax is not alone in that.

Iron Man scratched his face and Thor got his big shot in at the end. That's pretty much it.

When Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spiderman, Starlord, and Drax were fighting him they were able to distract him enough to allow Mantus to do her thing. So really, Drax is one of the only characters that did any damage whatsoever to Thanos in the movie.

Everyone else got completely destroyed against Thanos.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 05-21-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Mysterio confirmed for the Spider-man homecoming sequel! Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Mysterio confirmed for the Spider-man homecoming sequel! Finally!
    ohhhh and jake gyllenhall is playing him. I loved Mysterio in the animated series!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    ohhhh and jake gyllenhall is playing him. I loved Mysterio in the animated series!
    Always been my favorite spiderman villain, not sure how i feel about gyllenhall playing him hopefully he does well

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Not a lot of the heroes got any good shots in on Thanos. Drax is not alone in that.

Iron Man scratched his face and Thor got his big shot in at the end. That's pretty much it.

When Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spiderman, Starlord, and Drax were fighting him they were able to distract him enough to allow Mantus to do her thing. So really, Drax is one of the only characters that did any damage whatsoever to Thanos in the movie.

Everyone else got completely destroyed against Thanos.
    Well they didn't do any damage but plenty of other Heroes actually hit him and got shots in, they were just ineffective. Drax didn't even really land anything other than like one or two cuts to the leg in a far out shot of a bunch of heroes fighting Thanos.

I get his point, Drax as a fighter has been very underutilized in the MCU thus far.

The only heroes that actually hit him in a one on one situation were Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk. Thor is the only one who did any damage and that was more of a sneak attack where Thanos didn't really see it coming.

What other heroes actually hit him? Well, it was Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Drax, Quill, and Mantus in that fight scene. Notice that Drax was part of that. Spiderman probably got the most shots in but that was because Quill was helping him with the teleportation stuff.

I don't remember any other heroes in any other scenes landing a single shot on Thanos including Captain America who got knocked out with just one punch.
    Marmolololololol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7456775&type=3

This was the funniest **** I read in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the next part?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789