Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 135
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526

    Avengers Infinity War -FULL SPOILER THREAD-

    here is the spoiler thread please leave if you havent watched it yet.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526
    my only gripe is the Hulk and a tiny bit thanos i guess... Not in terms of their performance but the power scale in this movie... Hulk acting like a little ***** pissed me off so much and its so out of character... i get what they are doing but i didnt like it... As far as the power scaling for the first time ever in any Marvel movie they made a character that is at least close to their powers in the comic books... Thor has the ability to lift the earth and Hulk has lifted something heavier than the earth when he lifted a star... Thor is this movie was shown to be by far the strongest avenger with scar witch 2nd... Thors power in this movie when he took on the star was amazing... Thanos to me with the infinity stones was what he should be but before the infinity stones he should have been much stronger.

    I loved loved loved everything else about the movie. Thanos character was so good its insane... In the comics he is doing this because of his love for the entity death if I am not mistaken but the power/feelings/character develop was just so on point and perfect. The humor was great... I wasnt a fan of it in the new thor because it was over the top but here is was really on point... the movie had everything including the best CGI any superhero movie has had to date. I will likely go watch it 4 more times.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526
    I also loved the avengers they erased and the ones they kept. For the most part they erased all the new avengers and are giving the original avengers their shine in the climax.. Black panther/spiderman/Bucky/danvers will most likely lead the new avengers in future films with iron man/original cap/widow/hulk taking a back seat so what they are doing fits and works perfectly.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,753
    I wish they had explained the Bruce/Hulk thing more. Overall very, very good though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I wish they had explained the Bruce/Hulk thing more. Overall very, very good though.
    you will hear it next movie... its either a fear or pride thing or both and that bothers me... yes hulk hasnt really come up against anyone like thanos but for hulk to be scared is just not right... if he is envious and or impressed or his pride is hurt I am fine but the rumors are its fear and welp that would bother me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    154
    Hulk has never been dominated the way he was. It was a hit to his ego. I definitely understand the route they went with him, I would have liked to see Hulk vs Black Dwarf, but that’s the only “i wish this happened” in terms of Hulk

    Thor was perfect. The Rabbit joke should have gotten old. It didn’t.

    Thanos. Best villain in the MCU. His motivations are different in the comics, and Death not being in there would have been amazing (thought she was the shadowed cloak, but the reveal was much better). Yes, he’s enough of a powerful being without the gauntlet to take on the avengers, though not able to kill some, but it’s fine that they made him seem almost beatable. I also hear “he could have just used the reality Stone, turned everyone into blocks and grabbed every stone with no problem”. Yes, he could have. But it would have then been an hour long movie. Is that what you really want? But if these people actual read the comics, Thanos enjoys a challenge.

    Tony, Strange, and Peter were incredible. Strange stole the show in space.

    Cap was a little underused, but he’ll probably be at the forefront of Disassembled or 4Ever, or whatever they call it.

    The guardians. Star lords actions on titan, though seemingly dumb, also understandable. He even listed off all of what he has lost, and to lose Gamora now, the actions he took are human. Drax. Love his comedy. But he’s so much more than just the dumb comic relief. They’re really making a mockery of that character. Mantis was good. Rocket was great, that character plays so well with anyone they’ve paired him with. Groot was meh except for the stormbreaker (Beta Ray Bill reference) part.

    Gamora and Thanos. Wow. The part on Vormir was so emotionally wrenching. Just everything about that scene...

    Which brings me to RED SKULL!!! Since 2010 I personally have wondered “when will we see him again? He’s gotta be brought back in. He can’t really be dead.” And I gave up after Civil War. What a way to bring him back. And they end it as if it can go either way. His job as the “stone keeper” is now done. So will whoever has given him that job set him free to return to wherever he wants, or will he perish on Vormir and that’s it? I’d be perfectly fine with either. Though I’d love just one more face to face with Steve Rogers. I have a feeling that he’s done though.

    The battle of wakanda was very LOTR Return of the King like with Thor’s return with Rocket and Groot being what Aragorn and Gimlis return on the ship was like. The battle in general was very well done, incredibly shot.

    And then Thanos returns. Another heart wrenching moment when Scarlett Witch kills someone she loves just to have it be erased and Thanos doing it anyway to take the stone.

    Thought maybe it was gonna end with Thor’s axe to the chest. Brolin is signed on for A4, but Hawkeye and Antman were also signed on for A3, so I wouldn’t have been surprised with them killing Thanos and in come the Skrulls to set up Secret Invasion. That would have left me with a bad taste because Thanos has always been a 2 movie arc to me, and to kill him that easily with the “Thanos killer” would have been very underwhelming. Well, nope. “You should have went for the head”...*snap*. And the greatest thing I’ve ever seen in a comic book movie, happened. Not only do hero’s vanish, but the Villain, in a ****ing Disney movie, has his happy ending watching the sunrise on a cleansed universe. Perfect ending. Peters “I don’t want to go, mr stark” is so emotional and just leaving you with “holy ****, what did I just see”

    “Thanos will Return”


    I just wanna know if Korg, Miek, and Darryl (Thor’s roommate) are ok



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    28,020
    I figured that type of ending was coming and wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I did and I'm ready for the 2nd part haha. Overall the movie was great.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526
    Quote Originally Posted by RomineLettuce View Post
    Hulk has never been dominated the way he was. It was a hit to his ego. I definitely understand the route they went with him, I would have liked to see Hulk vs Black Dwarf, but that’s the only “i wish this happened” in terms of Hulk

    Thor was perfect. The Rabbit joke should have gotten old. It didn’t.

    Thanos. Best villain in the MCU. His motivations are different in the comics, and Death not being in there would have been amazing (thought she was the shadowed cloak, but the reveal was much better). Yes, he’s enough of a powerful being without the gauntlet to take on the avengers, though not able to kill some, but it’s fine that they made him seem almost beatable. I also hear “he could have just used the reality Stone, turned everyone into blocks and grabbed every stone with no problem”. Yes, he could have. But it would have then been an hour long movie. Is that what you really want? But if these people actual read the comics, Thanos enjoys a challenge.

    Tony, Strange, and Peter were incredible. Strange stole the show in space.

    Cap was a little underused, but he’ll probably be at the forefront of Disassembled or 4Ever, or whatever they call it.

    The guardians. Star lords actions on titan, though seemingly dumb, also understandable. He even listed off all of what he has lost, and to lose Gamora now, the actions he took are human. Drax. Love his comedy. But he’s so much more than just the dumb comic relief. They’re really making a mockery of that character. Mantis was good. Rocket was great, that character plays so well with anyone they’ve paired him with. Groot was meh except for the stormbreaker (Beta Ray Bill reference) part.

    Gamora and Thanos. Wow. The part on Vormir was so emotionally wrenching. Just everything about that scene...

    Which brings me to RED SKULL!!! Since 2010 I personally have wondered “when will we see him again? He’s gotta be brought back in. He can’t really be dead.” And I gave up after Civil War. What a way to bring him back. And they end it as if it can go either way. His job as the “stone keeper” is now done. So will whoever has given him that job set him free to return to wherever he wants, or will he perish on Vormir and that’s it? I’d be perfectly fine with either. Though I’d love just one more face to face with Steve Rogers. I have a feeling that he’s done though.

    The battle of wakanda was very LOTR Return of the King like with Thor’s return with Rocket and Groot being what Aragorn and Gimlis return on the ship was like. The battle in general was very well done, incredibly shot.

    And then Thanos returns. Another heart wrenching moment when Scarlett Witch kills someone she loves just to have it be erased and Thanos doing it anyway to take the stone.

    Thought maybe it was gonna end with Thor’s axe to the chest. Brolin is signed on for A4, but Hawkeye and Antman were also signed on for A3, so I wouldn’t have been surprised with them killing Thanos and in come the Skrulls to set up Secret Invasion. That would have left me with a bad taste because Thanos has always been a 2 movie arc to me, and to kill him that easily with the “Thanos killer” would have been very underwhelming. Well, nope. “You should have went for the head”...*snap*. And the greatest thing I’ve ever seen in a comic book movie, happened. Not only do hero’s vanish, but the Villain, in a ****ing Disney movie, has his happy ending watching the sunrise on a cleansed universe. Perfect ending. Peters “I don’t want to go, mr stark” is so emotional and just leaving you with “holy ****, what did I just see”

    “Thanos will Return”


    I just wanna know if Korg, Miek, and Darryl (Thor’s roommate) are ok



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it fits thanos character to why he didnt just use the reality stone and turn everyone into blocks... even in the comics... He is not only a titan and uber strong but he is incredibly smart and doesnt just believe in killing... He is methodical to a T and that is what makes him so dangerous... He likes when things play out... He enjoyed seeing his daughter cry over his death.... If he were to just turn everyone to blocks because he could that would actually go against who he is lol.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it fits thanos character to why he didnt just use the reality stone and turn everyone into blocks... even in the comics... He is not only a titan and uber strong but he is incredibly smart and doesnt just believe in killing... He is methodical to a T and that is what makes him so dangerous... He likes when things play out... He enjoyed seeing his daughter cry over his death.... If he were to just turn everyone to blocks because he could that would actually go against who he is lol.
    Exactly my sentiments. These people or “reviewers” that get the opportunity to go see this movie days before the real fans that not only have been here for 10 years, but much, much longer, should at the very least least educate themselves on these characters beyond just the movies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75,768
    The ending really felt like a western ending with Thanos sitting and watching the sun rise. Makes sense, Avengers 4 looks to be the last stand for the old Avengers (given they are basically the only ones+Nebula that survived).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    The ending really felt like a western ending with Thanos sitting and watching the sun rise. Makes sense, Avengers 4 looks to be the last stand for the old Avengers (given they are basically the only ones+Nebula that survived).
    hmm did ya stay for post credits? you still likely have ant man/legolas and cpt marvel : )

  12. #12
    Really good movie, would have said amazing/sure fire #1 Marvel film had they did the ending differently. Took away all the "Oh ****" I had going for most of the movie when I realized they are just going to be ******* like usual and bring everyone back. Keep seeing people say, "Omgz blah blah blah died at the end!" when it's painfully obvious that is not the case.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,526
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedBadMan View Post
    Really good movie, would have said amazing/sure fire #1 Marvel film had they did the ending differently. Took away all the "Oh ****" I had going for most of the movie when I realized they are just going to be ******* like usual and bring everyone back. Keep seeing people say, "Omgz blah blah blah died at the end!" when it's painfully obvious that is not the case.
    I think Loki will stay dead and I think cap or thor die in the next movie. No way everyone walks away from this. If they go by the comics scar witch will save vision and they will have babies... lucky guy.id give up an infinity stone for that,

  14. #14
    Dunno how she could ever look at him the same way again after he got bodied by everyone in the film. By the end of it all I felt pretty sure I could whip Vision's ***. Not sure why the lives of hundreds of Wakondan's + the time wasted trying to get the stone out was worth his one artificial life.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75,768
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    hmm did ya stay for post credits? you still likely have ant man/legolas and cpt marvel : )
    Yeah, forgot about them. Still I can't help but feel the next movie will end most of the old Avengers (death or retirement, one of Cap/Tony dies).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •