Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    See now I'm thinking PP unit. If Babcock wanted to he could throw Matthews, Marner, Nylander, JT and Rielly on one unit. Then you still have Kadri, Marleau, Johnsson, Gardiner and another forward of choice on the 2nd unit. It's insane.

Leafs promote John Lilley to Director of Amateur Scouting. Can't say I know a damn thing about him but he was the Leafs head scout in the USA. US NTDP USHL and NCAA would be where he's spent most of his time scouting.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-09-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Beat you by a weekend. Got mine Friday and yes it certainly is beautiful. Home blue or road white? I went white because I have Rielly and Matthews jerseys in home blue. I never used to be a jersey guy until this team got good.
    went Road white. I have Matthews st.pats, marner outdoor vs detroit, Nylander Arenas, Rielly outdoor vs washington, clark winter classic, gilmour old st.pats, sundin alternate, phaneuf blue.

then have a black Marner jersey that looks pretty sweet and that awful Matthews crossover jersey on the canadian jersey with the leaf logo.

Leafs promote John Lilley to Director of Amateur Scouting. Can't say I know a damn thing about him but he was the Leafs head scout in the USA. US NTDP USHL and NCAA would be where he's spent most of his time scouting.
    Hard to say how he's done since we never really go the NCAA route until later rounds. we'll see i guess.

Goat re-signed 2 years, 675K AAV. Started out horribly after his offseason last year recovering from that knee injury. Turned it on at the end of the season and through the playoffs.

We now have 10 contracts either at or within 25k of the league minimum salary. Thats how you fill out your roster with cheap depth (backup G, 7th D, 13th f, 14th f) and you can spend a little more on the guys thay get regular ice time.

As long as you're getting what you paid for, there shouldn't be an issue paying guys what they deserve.

For example you can afford to carry-
    3 10mil forwards
    4 5mil defenseman
    3 5mil 2nd liners
    A 5 mil goalie
    and still have just under 10 mil to fill out the bottom lines.

+ The cap rises every year.

The issue comes when you sign a Clarkson and he becomes a 5mil 4th liner. Then all of a sudden the formula breaks.

Man we should have given Hortons contract to Arizona. Chicago didnt give up much and I think Opti said Horton can really hurt us when it comes to bonuses and whatnot. Move Horton this offseason, win the cup then send Marleau back to San Jose. All cap issues resolved.

Yeah I don't really understand why Arizona did that. Do they gain the cap hit without having to pay the actual money? The specs attached were meh. The thing with Hortons contract is it isn't insured.

Andreas Johnsson accepts his qualifying offer. 1 year/2 way, $787,500.

Very curious about what dubas' next move will be. He's really put his stamp on the team already shipping out pretty much all of the grit for more skilled players. Komorov, jvr, Martin all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Very curious about what dubas' next move will be. He's really put his stamp on the team already shipping out pretty much all of the grit for more skilled players. Komorov, jvr, Martin all gone.
    Will be an interesting experiment to see how the team plays with all of those guys gone. quite frankly I think we domintate with better puck movement from the defense and a bottom end of the lineup that can skate.

Yeah especially with babs as coach. I think back to the sabers right out of the lockout. Two #1 C's with great puck moving defenseman and skilled wingers.

We had a big get together here yesterday and I was the only Leafs fan here. My god if you think other fans hated the Leafs after the Tavares signing.. wow. Trying to explain to everyone that the Leafs can keep the big 4 forwards and fill out a competitive roster was like trying to teach long division to a tree stump.

We had a big get together here yesterday and I was the only Leafs fan here. My god if you think other fans hated the Leafs after the Tavares signing.. wow. Trying to explain to everyone that the Leafs can keep the big 4 forwards and fill out a competitive roster was like trying to teach long division to a tree stump.
    It's hilarious... Like San Jose would have had Couture,Tavares,Pavelski,Kane,Burns,Vlasic, Hertl and then Thornton for a year or two had they signed him.

Boston: Tavares,Marchand,Bergeron,Pastrnak,Krejci,Backes

Tampa: Tavares,Stamkos,Hedman,Kucherov, Palat,Miller,Johnson

*But we never heard about those teams struggles with the cap had they signed Tavares. Hell Tampa still thinks they can fit Karlsson.

On the flip side, its awesome how even non-hockey fans are excited about Tavares and asking things like how food is he? Its a lot of fun explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    It's hilarious... Like San Jose would have had Couture,Tavares,Pavelski,Kane,Burns,Vlasic, Hertl and then Thornton for a year or two had they signed him.

Boston: Tavares,Marchand,Bergeron,Pastrnak,Krejci,Backes

Tampa: Tavares,Stamkos,Hedman,Kucherov, Palat,Miller,Johnson

*But we never heard about those teams struggles with the cap had they signed Tavares. Hell Tampa still thinks they can fit Karlsson.

On the flip side, its awesome how even non-hockey fans are excited about Tavares and asking things like how food is he? Its a lot of fun explaining it.
    People that don't go for the Leafs just hate them so much they get to the point where logic goes rogue. I love it. I love the fact that people that aren't fans hate them so much it drives them mad. I won't get too much into it but last night people are saying trade Nylander for cap space, they couldn't even come up with a good reason. "I'd trade Matthews he hates Toronto". And they know none of this makes any sense they just hate the Leafs so much the **** that comes out of there mouth is just hilarious. I literally was one guy arguing with 8 guys and they were getting madder than I was. Not sure how that works. I just told them that the day we win the cup I am lighting into them like you've never seen. They will never hear the end of it. And it's going to happen. Maybe not next year. Maybe not the year or two after. But it's happening. I was a Red Sox fan since the day I was born and took crap forever. Then 2004 happened. And it's ****ing sweet. Can't wait for the Leafs turn.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 07-17-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast