Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox:32442649
    Might be best for him. I don't really get Ennis but I doubt he makes the team. Could be Dubas wanting to load up the Marlies for another deep run. That run last year was huge for the young guys.
    Dubas comes off as an all speed and skill guy. Which is great. Ennis on the 4th line could be a nice addition if he's healthy.

I think Grundstrom is ready. Babcock was raving about him last year and felt he was NHL ready.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I think the Leafs should try to lock up Marner this year if they can. I think they will manage to regardless but with Tavares, he could be looking at a 80 to 90 point season. That will likely drive the price up.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

hyman-matthews-nylander
    marner-tavares-johnsson
    marleau-kadri-brown
    kapanen-?-ennis

with the talent we have getting vets to sign 1 year deals for the min shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Karlsson trade is being dragged out. Wonder if the Leafs could swoop in and swing a three way.
    I'm always down for a three way.

Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    with the talent we have getting vets to sign 1 year deals for the min shouldn't be too hard.
    This isn't the NBA but I wouldn't mind an Iginla style signing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This isn't the NBA but I wouldn't mind an Iginla style signing.
    Nobody like that really available this year. Cammaleri maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Karlsson trade is being dragged out. Wonder if the Leafs could swoop in and swing a three way.
    Go to the bottom of this article if your salivating a Karlsson to Leafs:

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hock...-karlsson-deal

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post

It would be MUCH cheaper to go through a western team that could take on Ryan as well. Have them trade for Karlsson and Ryan, offer them a big package (including Liljegren if need be, preferably Sandin +Kapanen and 1st round picks) and piss off Ottawa.

Colorado would be the team I use to get to Karlsson. Give them their first back + a mid prospect or two or whatever beats Tampas offer for Ryan and Karlsson.

Then we offer Colorado.

Their choice of Brown or Kapanen
    Sandin
    Rasanen
    Bracco or Timashov types
    1st Round Picks (what ever picks it takes)
    + a cap dump like Horton

Colorado give Ottawa back their lottery pick, but they gain a tonne of assets and can play Ryan on their 2nd line and hope he can bounce back like Dustin Brown did.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post

Writer is spot on when they said that Nylander would have to be a part of the trade...
    Ottawa would for sure expect Nylander (or Marner) + Liljegren + a high draft pick.

No substitution of Kaps or Brown for Nylander is going to get Ottawa to bite. No combination of added minor leaguers will get them to bite either. It's gonna take a young NHL stud, blue chip prospect and high draft pick to get Ottawa to trade EK to Toronto.

Yeah Nylander has to be included.

This is a few days old but Dubas has more confidence in the defense.

Dubas: I am probably more bullish on our defense than others. I get asked about it every time someone talks to me, so I am aware that it is a cause for angst with our fan base and amongst the pundits. That’s fine. I understand why people want to talk about it. I’ve got a lot of faith in our defense this year, with Nikita Zaitsev being healthy, Ron Hainsey going into his second year with the team, and Travis Dermott ascending from the*Marlies. Obviously, we’ve got Morgan and Jake here. I like our defense. The key for us is that we are continuing to make plays from the backend and can move the pucks to our forwards. I think all of the guys have the ability to do that.

Having spent every day with the*Marliesfor the past number of years, particularly this year as the team went on a run that ended with the team winning, you see what a guy like Martin Marincin is capable of doing as he gained more and more confidence as the year went on, and Justin Holl, Calle Rosen, Andreas Borgman, and on and on at that level. I am excited for our D. I think the guys we have on the way can make a lot of plays and also defend very well. We’ve got Igor Ozhiganov coming in from Russia as well and Connor Carrick back.

I like our D more than most. I believe they all have the ability to make plays in our zone and make plays in the offensive zone.*If we find during the year that we need to add to it and there is something that will put us over the top, we’ll have the cap space to do that in season. I don’t worry about that as much as others and I’m really confident in our D with DJ Smith coaching and developing them.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2018/07/04/kyle-dubas-i-am-probably-more-bullish-on-our-defense-than-others-ive-got-a-lot-of-faith-in-our-defense/

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2018/07/04/kyle-dubas-i-am-probably-more-bullish-on-our-defense-than-others-ive-got-a-lot-of-faith-in-our-defense/
    I mean, Its fine if Zaitsev has a bounceback year, but you definitely need to upgrade on Hainsey. Dermott-Carrick together destroyed their competition when they did get a shot so I'm not worried about the bottom pair considering the depth we have.

A right side of Hainsey-Zaitsev-Polak is what killed us against Boston. They really got eaten up by the Bruins LW. As soon as one of our LD had a bad game (Gardiner) then that pairing got destroyed. Polak is gone, you can give Zaitsev one more year if you clear out the other weak link.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Can someone else translate this for me?
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...nt-520878.html