Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 445
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooshman:32441342
    Gotta do something with the Leafs landing Tavares.
    Their defense would be ridiculous if it happens.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,160
    I don't know guys. I think "shut down defenseman" are the type of cheap vets you plug in when you run out of skilled guys. I think you get good skilled defenseman and coach them up. Hainsey, Polak ect are backup plans.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Karlsson linked to TB.
    Stop reading Ekland rumors

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,382
    Quote Originally Posted by tartar:32441765
    Stop reading Ekland rumors

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Ha! I read it on another board and they talked about it on Sportsnet. It seems legit.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,458
    Hopefully Dallas can get Karlsson. Leafs kept Tavares away from Boston and Tampa so if a team in the West lands Karlsson then the Leafs are laughing.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Hopefully Dallas can get Karlsson. Leafs kept Tavares away from Boston and Tampa so if a team in the West lands Karlsson then the Leafs are laughing.
    To me its insane that Melnyk was so adamit about not trading Hoffman within the division, yet the best player to ever play for them he might let go to Tampa Bay...

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,458
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    To me its insane that Melnyk was so adamit about not trading Hoffman within the division, yet the best player to ever play for them he might let go to Tampa Bay...
    It's laughable where Ottawa is. Even when the Leafs were a tire fire it wasn't to the level that Ottawa is at.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,382
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98:32442039

    To me its insane that Melnyk was so adamit about not trading Hoffman within the division, yet the best player to ever play for them he might let go to Tampa Bay...
    I heard it was Bettman that didn't want the Sens to trade Hoffman within the division. They didn't want the story between Karlsson and Hoffman's spouses to come up again. I haven't read into it but apparently they did not get along and their conflict became very serious. This in turn created a lot of locker room drama between Hoffman and Karlsson as well.
    Last edited by aman_13; 07-06-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,250
    Tyler Ennis?!
    Why??????

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooshman View Post
    Tyler Ennis?!
    Why??????
    Somebody to chellenge for the 4th line C/W spot at league minimum cost seems like a reasonable signing no? at worst gives the Marlies some C depth after losing Aaltonen.

    He's had concussion problems but before that wasn't too bad.

    Debatable as to whether or not you waste a contract spot on him, but if he bounces back its a valuable signing.

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Somebody to chellenge for the 4th line C/W spot at league minimum cost seems like a reasonable signing no? at worst gives the Marlies some C depth after losing Aaltonen.

    He's had concussion problems but before that wasn't too bad.

    Debatable as to whether or not you waste a contract spot on him, but if he bounces back its a valuable signing.
    Contract is cheap enough, just don't want to waste a contract spot on him.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,382
    I got a feeling we will have to wait another year for Grundstrom.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,160
    I like Ennis. Tiny little speedster with dangles. Replacing matt Martin with him says a lot to me about the direction Dubas is taking this team.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    12,458
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I got a feeling we will have to wait another year for Grundstrom.
    Might be best for him. I don't really get Ennis but I doubt he makes the team. Could be Dubas wanting to load up the Marlies for another deep run. That run last year was huge for the young guys.

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    8,604
    Karlsson trade is being dragged out. Wonder if the Leafs could swoop in and swing a three way.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •