Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooshman:32441342
    Gotta do something with the Leafs landing Tavares.
    Their defense would be ridiculous if it happens.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't know guys. I think "shut down defenseman" are the type of cheap vets you plug in when you run out of skilled guys. I think you get good skilled defenseman and coach them up. Hainsey, Polak ect are backup plans.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Karlsson linked to TB.
    Stop reading Ekland rumors

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tartar:32441765
    Stop reading Ekland rumors

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Ha! I read it on another board and they talked about it on Sportsnet. It seems legit.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Hopefully Dallas can get Karlsson. Leafs kept Tavares away from Boston and Tampa so if a team in the West lands Karlsson then the Leafs are laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Hopefully Dallas can get Karlsson. Leafs kept Tavares away from Boston and Tampa so if a team in the West lands Karlsson then the Leafs are laughing.
    To me its insane that Melnyk was so adamit about not trading Hoffman within the division, yet the best player to ever play for them he might let go to Tampa Bay...

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    To me its insane that Melnyk was so adamit about not trading Hoffman within the division, yet the best player to ever play for them he might let go to Tampa Bay...
    It's laughable where Ottawa is. Even when the Leafs were a tire fire it wasn't to the level that Ottawa is at.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98:32442039

I heard it was Bettman that didn't want the Sens to trade Hoffman within the division. They didn't want the story between Karlsson and Hoffman's spouses to come up again. I haven't read into it but apparently they did not get along and their conflict became very serious. This in turn created a lot of locker room drama between Hoffman and Karlsson as well.
    Last edited by aman_13; 07-06-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Tyler Ennis?!
    Why??????

Quote Originally Posted by Cooshman View Post
    Tyler Ennis?!
    Why??????
    Somebody to chellenge for the 4th line C/W spot at league minimum cost seems like a reasonable signing no? at worst gives the Marlies some C depth after losing Aaltonen.

He's had concussion problems but before that wasn't too bad.

Debatable as to whether or not you waste a contract spot on him, but if he bounces back its a valuable signing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Somebody to chellenge for the 4th line C/W spot at league minimum cost seems like a reasonable signing no? at worst gives the Marlies some C depth after losing Aaltonen.

He's had concussion problems but before that wasn't too bad.

Debatable as to whether or not you waste a contract spot on him, but if he bounces back its a valuable signing.
    Contract is cheap enough, just don't want to waste a contract spot on him.

I got a feeling we will have to wait another year for Grundstrom.

I like Ennis. Tiny little speedster with dangles. Replacing matt Martin with him says a lot to me about the direction Dubas is taking this team.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I got a feeling we will have to wait another year for Grundstrom.
    Might be best for him. I don't really get Ennis but I doubt he makes the team. Could be Dubas wanting to load up the Marlies for another deep run. That run last year was huge for the young guys.

Karlsson trade is being dragged out. Wonder if the Leafs could swoop in and swing a three way.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast