Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Not trying to be controversial but I think Cassidy had a great season and just not a very good playoffs coaching job.It seems TB quickly understood the Bs better and that was the end of it.For me the goalkeeping was fine it was other skaters who seemed to lose focus,Rick Nash,Brad Marchand two guys who can bring a lot faded instead.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Well it finally comes to an end. This team IMO out performed what many thought they were capable of. To start the year people had Boston as a team not even making the playoffs. As bad as the 4-1 series loss looks, we were in each of those games and just didn't get the bounces. I think we are just as good as Tampa, we just didn't get the bounces.

Onto the off-season...

Look for RHD help. Maybe someone whose a true 2nd pairing and let Carlo be a 3rd pairing guy. I'd do the same on the LHD too if I could find the right piece. Donny has a lot of chips to play with and with the Chara extension, my guess is that is the window they are working with before major changes come.

Could be a off season of trades for the B's in order to make a serious 2-year run.
    Pardon? Carlo is a third pairing guy? So when McA and Chara went down who took over the team? When Carlo went down how slow and easily dominated did we look?

I'd look for a true partner for Carlo Lauzon or Zbroil maybe let Krug be what he really is a 3rd pairing PP D.

But my main concern is what do we do with our 8 million black hole of a centre name Krejci. We went out to get a guy that should fit his style and still he did nothing with him
    Unleash the Pasta!

As a hockey fan I am disappointed we didn't get the 6-7 game series that this matchup deserved. Although Tampa outplayed Boston for much of the last four games, bad officiating cost the Bruins at least one game, possibly two. The NHL should be ashamed of this product.

That being said, great season by the bruins. They were a ton of fun to watch this year!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Pardon? Carlo is a third pairing guy? So when McA and Chara went down who took over the team? When Carlo went down how slow and easily dominated did we look?

I'd look for a true partner for Carlo Lauzon or Zbroil maybe let Krug be what he really is a 3rd pairing PP D.

But my main concern is what do we do with our 8 million black hole of a centre name Krejci. We went out to get a guy that should fit his style and still he did nothing with him
    I'm not saying he's a 3rd pairing guy, I'm talking about getting someone that is a fringe #1RHD to play behind McAvoy. I want Carlo on the 3rd pairing for depth and that's it. He can be a top 4 guy, he has the talent, I just want to bring in someone that is a fringe #1 RHD. Its all about depth. Imagine just going out and signing Carlson this off-season:

Chara - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlson
    Grzelyck - Carlo

^Tell me that doesn't make you smile. Now imagine someone like Zboril breaks out and fights his way on. He can be with Carlo or Carlson.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

I'm not saying he's a 3rd pairing guy, I'm talking about getting someone that is a fringe #1RHD to play behind McAvoy. I want Carlo on the 3rd pairing for depth and that's it. He can be a top 4 guy, he has the talent, I just want to bring in someone that is a fringe #1 RHD. Its all about depth. Imagine just going out and signing Carlson this off-season:

Chara - McAvoy
    Krug - Carlson
    Grzelyck - Carlo

^Tell me that doesn't make you smile. Now imagine someone like Zboril breaks out and fights his way on. He can be with Carlo or Carlson.
    I honestly havent looked at the breakdown of the cap situation yet, but off the top of my head, the bruins need a 2nd line winger, 3rd line center and a backup goalie to either be re-signed or brought in from elsewhere. Is Carlson even possible without moving one of our bigger contracts?
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
    Debrusk-Krejci- ?
    Donato-Backes-Heinen
    ? - ? - Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
    Krug-Carlo
    Gryz- Miller

Tuukka
    ?

Kuraly is a RFA and Bruins currently have 9,658,333 in cap space(according to capfriendly.com) for next year. Move McQuaid and that brings us to roughly 12 million in cap space. Carlson will cost roughly 7 million, leaving us with a little over 5 million in cap space for a backup goalie, 2nd line winger, and two fourth line spots.

Not a lot of room to work with unless one of Krejci, Backes or Krug is moved.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 05-07-2018 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
    Donato-Krejci- ?
    Heinen- ? -Backes
    ? - ? - Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
    Krug-Carlo
    Gryz- Miller

Tuukka
    ?

Kuraly is a RFA and Bruins currently have 9,658,333 in cap space(according to capfriendly.com) for next year. Move McQuaid and that brings us to roughly 12 million in cap space. Carlson will cost roughly 7 million, leaving us with a little over 5 million in cap space for a backup goalie, 2nd line winger, 3rd line center and two fourth line spots.

Not a lot of room to work with unless one of Krejci, Backes or Krug is moved.
    Dont foget Jake DeBrusk. I think he's a lock to start next season on 46's LW where he was most of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    Dont foget Jake DeBrusk. I think he's a lock to start next season on 46's LW where he was most of this year.
    ahh yes that is my fault, I forgot debrusk. Going to edit my post, but thank you for pointing that out.

Interested to see what the offseason will hold for guys who are on the cusp of making the team soon. Bjork, zboril, lauzon, senyshyn(?). Hearing a decent amount of Backes buyout chatter. I'm not ready to make that move just yet. Thats a lot of dead money on the books for a long time.

Interested to see what the offseason will hold for guys who are on the cusp of making the team soon. Bjork, zboril, lauzon, senyshyn(?). Hearing a decent amount of Backes buyout chatter. I'm not ready to make that move just yet. Thats a lot of dead money on the books for a long time.
    Where are you hearing Backes buyout chatter?

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

I honestly havent looked at the breakdown of the cap situation yet, but off the top of my head, the bruins need a 2nd line winger, 3rd line center and a backup goalie to either be re-signed or brought in from elsewhere. Is Carlson even possible without moving one of our bigger contracts?
    all your forward spots are in house. We honestly don't need to sign a forward this off-season. The back up goaltending is also in house (unless a elite level type back-up is available). So really you'll have money to spend on the defense. Right now (assuming that cap goes to $80 million) we'd have $14 million in cap space. Now you do have a few guys you'll need to resign, but you can do that for $3 to $4 million, leaving you with $10 million left. The question is, how does bringing in a big money long term d-man hurt you the following year.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

all your forward spots are in house. We honestly don't need to sign a forward this off-season. The back up goaltending is also in house (unless a elite level type back-up is available). So really you'll have money to spend on the defense. Right now (assuming that cap goes to $80 million) we'd have $14 million in cap space. Now you do have a few guys you'll need to resign, but you can do that for $3 to $4 million, leaving you with $10 million left. The question is, how does bringing in a big money long term d-man hurt you the following year.
    Unless there is a trade out there that would bring in a young similar forward to what we'd be dealing, but maybe one who fits a different need (Christian Fischer RS/RW with size and heaviness, just to give an example), I think you definitely go in-house for the forward spots and then re-assess at the TDL.

Hey OneMan. I started the offseason thread. Not sure if you wanted to sticky it and then carry the conversations there?

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Where are you hearing Backes buyout chatter?
    seeing a fair amount of it on twitter. People dogging him bad for being too slow and being relegate to the 4th line in a handful of games during the playoffs. That buyout would be scary though. Lots of years worth of paying.

seeing a fair amount of it on twitter. People dogging him bad for being too slow and being relegate to the 4th line in a handful of games during the playoffs. That buyout would be scary though. Lots of years worth of paying.
    Oh, so it's nothing more than baseless speculation from fans haha.

Canít buyout backes yet. Way too expensive. Heíll probably be on the 4th line next year though. I see something like this:

Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
    Debrusk-Krejci-Donato
    Bjork-JFK/Frederic-Heinen
    Kuraly-Czarnik-Backes

Chara-Charlie
    Krug-Carlo
    Gryz-Miller

Tuukka
    Hopefully Dobby

Not much in the way of change in that lineup. I think itís very possible Sweeney swings a blockbuster, but I also think itís more likely he puts that off another year to see what we have in that third line center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast