Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    We all know the refs are looking to rig this game for Tampa.

Either way, sucks about the refs but they arent the reason we are going to lose this series, anyone care to guess when was the lat time boston scored 5 on 5?
    Unleash the Pasta!

Ugh,going into the third trailing yet again.

Empty netter off a face off,I really don't like that.I know it's a common play but man it kills all possible momentum.

Bruins never deserved to win this series.

How much blame goes on rask? Ive seen a number of soft goals go past him. Think it's time to find a new goalie

F this Tampa team and next round refs vs Caps or Penguins.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    How much blame goes on rask? Ive seen a number of soft goals go past him. Think it's time to find a new goalie
    How many goals 5 on 5 goals did we score?
    Unleash the Pasta!

The biggest reason is the 5 on 5 not the refs not Rask
    Cassidy was outcoached by a mile
    The B's were very average as the regular season wound down and obviously a team wont succeed in the playoffs playing that way

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    How many goals 5 on 5 goals did we score?
    It's true,there was weakness in 5 on 5 play.Even still I would be looking for scoring and that really has to improve.Rask doesn't worry me at all.The shots gotten off at the end of the third were nice to see but really were not clean.We all hated this series but the team is not a nightmare so next season we should see improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    It's true,there was weakness in 5 on 5 play.Even still I would be looking for scoring and that really has to improve.Rask doesn't worry me at all.The shots gotten off at the end of the third were nice to see but really were not clean.We all hated this series but the team is not a nightmare so next season we should see improvement.
    It was a great season. I think the reffing cost us a game or two. Marchand was ineffective tonight. He has to control himself next season. At least tonight, I didn't feel like the refs cost us the game. We will see that injuries were a major contributor to the poor performance also. The team took huge steps forward this year. In october I didn't think we would even make the playoffs but the Bruins are in a great spot for next year. This is part of growing a championship team and the future is bright. So excited.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    Also if Carlo can stay healthy for the playoffs I think he would have been a big factor, you can play McA more on offensive faceoffs and not play him at all on the PK

My big concern is Krejci, for how much we are paying him he should be up their with Bergs but again he's having problems connecting with his wingers

Also Cassidy has to learn how make adjustments just brutal how easy Toronto and then TB figured out how to beat us. Yu look at the other series and one game to the next soo much changes
    Unleash the Pasta!

I'm not blaming Cassidy as much as I'm blaming mental mistakes by the players. How many goals this series for TB of dumb turnovers? I get we were dominated 5 vs 5, but the turnovers were fricken killer. Rask was not at the top of his game this series either.

At times, Chara looked like a turnstile, getting blown by. We had next to nothing in secondary scoring from our 2-4 lines.

You can pin blame on Cassidy if you want, but if the players don't step up, no game plan is going to work. The B's were just out-played in all four TB wins.

I wish we had someone behind Rask to let take the reigns, because I think Rask has lost a step . . .or maybe he was concealing an injury? He was not that great in the playoffs in general. I think another year of Krecji and DeBrusk will be good for both, but we need another power forward. I don't think Nash is signed back, but I'd love if we could get him back for 1-2 years.

We have so many young guys to look forward to growing and playing again next year. Looking forward to seeing Bjork again, and I hope he stays healthy next year. I also hope Zboril turns the corner in Providence. If not, get value in a trade for him.

I honestly would like to see Backes back at C next year on the third line between Heinen and maybe Bjork.

Great season! This team was so much fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    Then you didnít watch a single second of Round 2 he was their best player against Tampa. Canít win a game if you donít score 5v5 in three straight games and your forwards donít score 5v5 in four straight games

Well it finally comes to an end. This team IMO out performed what many thought they were capable of. To start the year people had Boston as a team not even making the playoffs. As bad as the 4-1 series loss looks, we were in each of those games and just didn't get the bounces. I think we are just as good as Tampa, we just didn't get the bounces.

Onto the off-season...

Look for RHD help. Maybe someone whose a true 2nd pairing and let Carlo be a 3rd pairing guy. I'd do the same on the LHD too if I could find the right piece. Donny has a lot of chips to play with and with the Chara extension, my guess is that is the window they are working with before major changes come.

Could be a off season of trades for the B's in order to make a serious 2-year run.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast