Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Thursday night, the college football world recognized Fitzpatrick with two national awards. Minkah won the Thorpe award as the nation's top defensive back and the Bednarik Award as the nation's top defensive player. Only two other players, Charles Woodson and Patrick Peterson had ever won both ..."

That's awfully good company.
    BRUH

This article was saying that Ross was pushing his guys to not draft Minkah; he wanted them to trade back to acquire more picks and save money on the pick. Luckily our FO won the debate and landed what may end up as one of the best secondary players in all of football. Whew!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...ck-trade-back/

That entire report seems like bs. When has Ross ever been cheap? Especially on a rookie contract when the money doesn't have a massive difference.

What probably happened was either Ross was like hey maybe we should trade down, get some more picks and then everyone told him nah Minkah is too good to pass up. That or they told Ross they were probably going to trade down since they didnt expect Minkah, and when he was actually there and they told Ross they were taking him he had some kind of reaction like "what happened to trading down?"

I agree. He may have been interested in more picks, but not because it would have been "cheaper". The man is a multi multi billionaire...no reason to save a couple of million for a top 5 talent in the draft.

There's also a significant drop in pay from 10th to 11th. Including in the 5th year option. That makes our pick more attractive financially not only for the next 4 years but next 5 years. He probably wanted to trade down to get more picks because he wants depth and there wasn't a QB there, doubt this had anything to do with money. We get 17M in cap space in a month from Suh.
    BRUH

Ok so apparently the report was half right. Money was obviously not a part of it, but Ross did want to trade down. Armando is saying Ross wanted to trade down for the first 3 picks because he didnt have a ton of faith in the picks being made. It basically seems that Ross said it hasn't always worked out with this staff making picks and he wanted to move back to gather more so they have a better chance.

So I have been defending Ross a lot recently, but this is just stupid. Hes trying to be a part of the football side now even though hes not around nearly enough. On top of that hes blaming this staff, who I think has done a pretty good job in the first two days of the draft, for the screw ups of previous teams. If he feels like the team is being poorly ran then fire some people.

Instead I would expect him to just fire Tannenbaum next year, bring in a new VP and try to force him to work with the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Ok so apparently the report was half right. Money was obviously not a part of it, but Ross did want to trade down. Armando is saying Ross wanted to trade down for the first 3 picks because he didnt have a ton of faith in the picks being made. It basically seems that Ross said it hasn't always worked out with this staff making picks and he wanted to move back to gather more so they have a better chance.

So I have been defending Ross a lot recently, but this is just stupid. Hes trying to be a part of the football side now even though hes not around nearly enough. On top of that hes blaming this staff, who I think has done a pretty good job in the first two days of the draft, for the screw ups of previous teams. If he feels like the team is being poorly ran then fire some people.

Instead I would expect him to just fire Tannenbaum next year, bring in a new VP and try to force him to work with the other guys.
    I'm okay with him having his opinion for his team. He's basically calling out his FO. I'm perfectly fine with it. And if you look at our recent drafts, some picks were skeptical. And any true fan knows we have multiple holes and a great way to fill those holes is through the draft, thus him trying to convince someone to trade down for more picks isn't bad at all.

He knows we have problems and he was looking for a chance to fix it.

I am extremely happy that we didn't trade back and we got Minkah, cause Minkah is a beast! And I think in time Ross will admit he was wrong for trying to trade out of the spot we got Minkah . . . But I have no problems with him giving his opinion.

So I have no problem with him giving his opinion. Hes not being a massive jerk and forcing anything and in the end he let his football people handle it. My problem is that hes deciding now at the draft to talk about the failures. I mean honestly what's the worst pick we've had in recent years? Carroo? Outside of that I'd say we've been solid with Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Grant, Hatris, McMillian, Tank, Godcheax and Taylor. The problem this regime has had is FA not the draft. Be angry at who runs that and not the draft picks.

Also the fact that this leaked is concerning. It could be someone covering for his job. This came from someone in the draft room that night so it's someone high up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12