3 15.00%
  • Warriors in 5

7 35.00%
  • Warriors in 6

6 30.00%
  • Warriors in 7

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

WCSF: [2] Golden State Warriors vs. New Orleans Pelicans [6] Warriors win 4-1

VS.

All games in EST

Game 1 in Oakland: Saturday, April 28, 10:30 p.m. ET, TNT

Game 2 in Oakland: TBA

Game 3 in New Orleans: TBA

Game 4 in New Orleans: TBA

Game 5 in Oakland: TBA (if necessary)

Game 6 in New Orleans: TBA (if necessary)

Game 7 in Oakland: TBA (if necessary)

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Anthony Davis
    PF: Nikola Mirotic
    SF: Jrue Holiday
    SG: E'Twaun Moore
    PG: Rajon Rondo

Projected Starting Lineups:

C: Javale Mcgee
    PF: Draymond Green
    SF: Kevin Durant
    SG: Klay Thompson
    PG: Andre Iguodala

Smoothie King Center, New Orleans

Oracle Arena, Oakland

Last edited by kdspurman; 04-26-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Strange to think that Rondo could be the x factor in a playoff series after his last few years.

KDSpursman... you should update the warriors starting lineup to have Iggy at pg. He's most likely going to continue to start there.

I wonder where he got the idea Quinn Cook is starting? He didnít start one game against the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    KDSpursman... you should update the warriors starting lineup to have Iggy at pg. He's most likely going to continue to start there.
    Just changed, thanks. Should just put Steph's name lol

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I wonder where he got the idea Quinn Cook is starting? He didnít start one game against the Spurs
    It was based off their depth chart and the fact that he'd been starting prior to the post-season. These projections (for most of these series) were done before the series started. I copied this from the Spurs/Warriors thread and forgot to make that alteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Strange to think that Rondo could be the x factor in a playoff series after his last few years.
    I was thinking the same thing. he really has been a great fit there.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I'm totally on board with the Pelicans for the upset. I think they can beat GS. If JH continues to ball like he is and great supporting cast ...I like their chances.

I'd me more than happy if Curry can come back by G3 and they are tied 1-1. This is going to be a very interesting series.

Whether Curry comes back or not in this series, I'd still pick the Warriors to win regardless. If Curry could be healthy by Game 1 or 2, I think they win in 4-5 games. If he doesn't play at all, I think this could go to seven. So I'll split the difference and say he comes back by Game 3-4, and the Warriors end up winning in six.

For New Orleans, they've got to take advantage of any time Curry misses. To win the series, I think they've got to take one of the first two in Golden State. And they need to continue to get solid production out of Holiday, Rondo and Mirotic so that it all doesn't fall on Davis' shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

This could be brutal, but it also could be a Warriors blowout. The Blazers D is not close to what the Warriors have been playing.

I wonder if the Warriors will try to get AD on KD to get him in foul trouble.

I think some might still be under appreciating just what a beast this Pels team is right now. Here's their level of play the last 30 games/few months of the season since before the All Star Break:

22-8 (~60 win pace) with a >6 point margin of victory.

AD averaged 32/12/2 +2stl, 3.5 blk (2.3 TO) on 53/35/84 ..... that is insanity.
    Jrue averaged 20/5/7.5 +1.5 stl, 1 blk (2.9 TO) on 51/37/77

Long story short, those thinking that this was a fluke series against a weak Blazers D... it's not. And the Blazers have a top 10 D lol. The Warriors actually finished 11th (granted, I know the Warriors ceiling on that end is higher).

Just a damn potent combo, and then you throw in the level Rondo is at now (he'll be flirting with a triple double in these playoffs) alongside Mirotic's shooting and yeah, they're clearly just a very strong team. With Curry coming back by G3 at best (he's been out a long time, he won't be 100%), the rest of the boys better be ready to bring it, or else this could get ugly for them quick.
    Last edited by tredigs; 04-26-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Curry's status is the key factor here.

I'm gonna be bold and go Warriors in 7.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I think some might still be under appreciating just what a beast this Pels team is right now. Here's their level of play the last 30 games/few months of the season since before the All Star Break:

22-8 (~60 win pace) with a >6 point margin of victory.

AD averaged 32/12/2 +2stl, 3.5 blk (2.3 TO) on 53/35/84 ..... that is insanity.
    Jrue averaged 20/5/7.5 +1.5 stl, 1 blk (2.9 TO) on 51/37/77

Long story short, those thinking that this was a fluke series against a weak Blazers D... it's not. And the Blazers have a top 10 D lol. The Warriors actually finished 11th (granted, I know the Warriors ceiling on that end is higher).

Just a damn potent combo, and then you throw in the level Rondo is at now (he'll be flirting with a triple double in these playoffs) alongside Mirotic's shooting and yeah, they're clearly just a very strong team. With Curry coming back by G3 at best (he's been out a long time, he won't be 100%), the rest of the boys better be ready to bring it, or else this could get ugly for them quick.
    Normally I pester you about hyping up opponents, but I'm in full agreement here.

I'm a believer in the Pels. They have a great combination of offense and defense, and Rondo is a FACTOR in the playoffs. His game just translates well there and he plays with way more effort than the regular season. You can tell he cares about it more. Hell, I maintain that the Bulls would've upset the Celtics last year if Rondo didn't get injured.

And if Jrue can keep up his level of play... this will be a dangerous series for the Curry-less Warriors.
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Curry's status is the key factor here.

I'm gonna be bold and go Warriors in 7.
    Meyers said Curry doubtful for game 1 depends on todays and tomorrows practice

General manager Bob Myers said "it's conceivable" Stephen Curry (knee) plays in Game 1 against the Pelicans.

"He's gonna try and practice," Myers said. "If he can get in [Thursday's] practice and Friday and doesn't have any setbacks and feels physically ready, then there's a chance he can go." Myers added that practicing means he's getting very close, but said Curry won't be playing if there's "any notion of him having any issues in any area." Expect another update on Friday, but for now consider Curry doubtful for Game 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1611/stephen-curry

Wow, huge news if Curry is healthy and back by G1. His return date is obviously the real X factor in this series.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast