Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

End of the One & Done Rule?

I'll make this as general as possible so people can save face.

I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post

I told you so.
    LMAO. I feel the same way!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post

I told you so.
    But did they say what it might look like if they change it?

Hopefully it's either no college or 3 years of college (min). Top HS prospects should choose one route or the other. A hybrid of how the nfl does it.

No details on how it might even work but the geniuses are already proclaiming they were right even though those who argued against them said they wouldn't return to the "old system"

Nuance is a mother ****er

And for the first 10 picks in the draft:
    Someone you never heard of because the NBA is taking the upside of some highschool kid!

PROCESSING

Good this is how it should be. If Kids are good enough and teams are willing to draft them then they shouldn,t be forced to go to college. Sure there will be busts, just like there are for ones coming from college. They shouldnt have the rule in the NFL either. This is America and if some team is willing to give them a shot then that,s how it should be. Just like it is in Baseball and other sports.
    Its the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ATLHawks View Post
    Good this is how it should be. If Kids are good enough and teams are willing to draft them then they shouldn,t be forced to go to college. Sure there will be busts, just like there are for ones coming from college. They shouldnt have the rule in the NFL either. This is America and if some team is willing to give them a shot then that,s how it should be. Just like it is in Baseball and other sports.
    The problem there is NFL has the rule in place because of physical maturity. MLB and NHL have a great minor league system in place to help those guys grow. NBA has neither thing in place. So there isn't a great development path or fall back place if a guy isn't ready or needs some work.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The problem there is NFL has the rule in place because of physical maturity. MLB and NHL have a great minor league system in place to help those guys grow. NBA has neither thing in place. So there isn't a great development path or fall back place if a guy isn't ready or needs some work.
    NBA has G League or even they can go play in Europe or China for millions.

If the kids don't get drafted they should be allowed to go to college, IMO. Not sure how that would work but would make it an option for them at least.
    Last edited by Mr.ATLHawks; 04-27-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    Its the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Hopefully it's either no college or 3 years of college (min). Top HS prospects should choose one route or the other. A hybrid of how the nfl does it.
    Completely agree. Instead of college you could allow players to move overseas for 3 years as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    No details on how it might even work but the geniuses are already proclaiming they were right even though those who argued against them said they wouldn't return to the "old system"

Nuance is a mother ****er
    If your hill to die on is "I said they wouldn't ever let HS kids back into the NBA and even though they are, they aren't doing it exactly the same way as before", it's not a great hill to die on lol

I think 3 years might be a little long. 2 years in college or straight to the NBA. For this to work the G league has to become a strong system in which players can flourish. Itís too much of a street like type game with little defense and run and gun offense.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I think 3 years might be a little long. 2 years in college or straight to the NBA. For this to work the G league has to become a strong system in which players can flourish. Itís too much of a street like type game with little defense and run and gun offense.
    Are you sure you're not talking about the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If your hill to die on is "I said they wouldn't ever let HS kids back into the NBA and even though they are, they aren't doing it exactly the same way as before", it's not a great hill to die on lol
    go read the original thread...

the intelligent people on the subject aren't little nancy's reacting to every media report...

Any system put in place will look nothing like the one in place before the one and done rule was put in place

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast