Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,992

    End of the One & Done Rule?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,465
    I'll make this as general as possible so people can save face.

    I told you so.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,088
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I'll make this as general as possible so people can save face.

    I told you so.
    LMAO. I feel the same way!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,006
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I'll make this as general as possible so people can save face.

    I told you so.
    But did they say what it might look like if they change it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,766
    Hopefully it's either no college or 3 years of college (min). Top HS prospects should choose one route or the other. A hybrid of how the nfl does it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,712
    No details on how it might even work but the geniuses are already proclaiming they were right even though those who argued against them said they wouldn't return to the "old system"

    Nuance is a mother ****er

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,805
    And for the first 10 picks in the draft:
    Someone you never heard of because the NBA is taking the upside of some highschool kid!

    PROCESSING

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    595
    Good this is how it should be. If Kids are good enough and teams are willing to draft them then they shouldn,t be forced to go to college. Sure there will be busts, just like there are for ones coming from college. They shouldnt have the rule in the NFL either. This is America and if some team is willing to give them a shot then that,s how it should be. Just like it is in Baseball and other sports.
    Its the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ATLHawks View Post
    Good this is how it should be. If Kids are good enough and teams are willing to draft them then they shouldn,t be forced to go to college. Sure there will be busts, just like there are for ones coming from college. They shouldnt have the rule in the NFL either. This is America and if some team is willing to give them a shot then that,s how it should be. Just like it is in Baseball and other sports.
    The problem there is NFL has the rule in place because of physical maturity. MLB and NHL have a great minor league system in place to help those guys grow. NBA has neither thing in place. So there isn't a great development path or fall back place if a guy isn't ready or needs some work.

    PROCESSING

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The problem there is NFL has the rule in place because of physical maturity. MLB and NHL have a great minor league system in place to help those guys grow. NBA has neither thing in place. So there isn't a great development path or fall back place if a guy isn't ready or needs some work.
    NBA has G League or even they can go play in Europe or China for millions.

    If the kids don't get drafted they should be allowed to go to college, IMO. Not sure how that would work but would make it an option for them at least.
    Last edited by Mr.ATLHawks; 04-27-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    Its the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    12,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Hopefully it's either no college or 3 years of college (min). Top HS prospects should choose one route or the other. A hybrid of how the nfl does it.
    Completely agree. Instead of college you could allow players to move overseas for 3 years as well.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    No details on how it might even work but the geniuses are already proclaiming they were right even though those who argued against them said they wouldn't return to the "old system"

    Nuance is a mother ****er
    If your hill to die on is "I said they wouldn't ever let HS kids back into the NBA and even though they are, they aren't doing it exactly the same way as before", it's not a great hill to die on lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,439
    I think 3 years might be a little long. 2 years in college or straight to the NBA. For this to work the G league has to become a strong system in which players can flourish. Itís too much of a street like type game with little defense and run and gun offense.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    12,748
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I think 3 years might be a little long. 2 years in college or straight to the NBA. For this to work the G league has to become a strong system in which players can flourish. Itís too much of a street like type game with little defense and run and gun offense.
    Are you sure you're not talking about the NBA?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    18,712
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If your hill to die on is "I said they wouldn't ever let HS kids back into the NBA and even though they are, they aren't doing it exactly the same way as before", it's not a great hill to die on lol
    go read the original thread...

    the intelligent people on the subject aren't little nancy's reacting to every media report...

    Any system put in place will look nothing like the one in place before the one and done rule was put in place

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •