Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Lebron w/ Sixers Dynamic

It has been somewhat floated recently that Ben and Embiid have made no mention about Lebron joining their team when talking about their team/future and how their happy with where their at. If Sixers make the Finals this year (looks like they've got the easiest path early), do they really want James on team? Apparently Ben wants to forge his own legacy without the help of James? Good on him if so, but they do likely have a chance to be at gs level with the addition of James. Thoughts on the possible James to Sixers dynamic?

easiest path I strongly disagree with... Not even being a Homer either. The celtics are still a threat so the next tier will be an easier path than dealing with the cavs or raptors but the heat are a pretty bad matchup for us over the bucks/pacers in my opinion. I had this going 6 or 7.

Next round though the celtics are still a threat but Heat/Celtics/Cavs or Raptors is no walk in the park this year compared to other years... The east gets hated on a ton where the west gets over valued a ton... all of these matchups are more competitive than just about any west matchup.

As for lebron... He would fit anywhere... He can come here as long as he knows we arent giving up fultz/saric/ben/embiid... He isnt going to force this teams hand like he did with others... If we are looking for a perfect fit for this team sadly PG13 would probably be the better fit.

Philadelphia needs better guards. The front court is complete.

We could stay the course and be fine. Simmons will become even more dangerous as he learns to shoot farther away from the rim. His shot has always looked fine. Itís not broken, he just needs to train himself to shoot from outside. Embiid is still tapping into his potential. This will really be the first time in his career entering the summer for a full load offseason program, which is scary to think about.

Whatís really scary is with how dangerous we are now, if Simmons and Embiid (a rookie and sophomore) continue to improve, this season is probably going to be worst Sixers team in the next 5+ years. Plus Fultz and Dario continuing to develop. As long as we can keep rounding out the roster with the right shooters and role players like we have this year, we can stay the course, not sign anyone, and be fine for years to come.

At the same time, we have room to sign max FA like Lebron or Paul George. And/or the assets to trade for another superstar if needed. Iím all for signing someone. Would love to sign either Lebron or George. Iím pro-Lebron. I do believe George might be the better fit, but see James as the superior talent by far. We generally take for granted how ****ing good he is compared to the rest of the league. Even in his latter years. Again, would be happy with either. Iím not at all concerned with the risk of Lebron changing the dynamics of the team. Weíd be a powerful ****ing force with either Lebron or George.

Simmons and Embiid are good, selfless leaders that love sharing the spotlight with each other. There has never been a power struggle between them, and they both buy into the concept of being leaders together. They would be happy to welcome another star to the mix. In the end, winning games is what itís all about. They would want either Lebron or George to come to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Weíre changing the concept of positions in Philly. Itís positionless. Itís about role, not forcing five players into the idea of the traditional position labels.

Ben Simmons is 6í10Ē point guard on offense that defends a range of positions on defense. Itís not about needing a better ďguard.Ē We could sign Lebron and start Simmons, Lebron, Covington, Saric, Embiid and they would probably dominate. Thatís a lineup of 4 forwards in the traditional sense and a center. Or rotate Fultz in for Covington or Saric. Or re-sign Redick and get him in there for Cov or Saric.

So Iím really not worried about needing better ďguards,Ē besides depth moves. Shooters, yes. Guards, no. If we can get Lebron, itís still important to try to get Belinelli/Ilyasova/Redick type players on cheap deals to round out the team. But again, if you get Lebron (or Paul George), you can start the best 5 players and youíre still gonna dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Weíre changing the concept of positions in Philly. Itís positionless. Itís about role, not forcing five players into the idea of the traditional position labels.
    Philadelphia can be as positionless as it wants. But I'm told that, on average, guard-size players are better shooters and ball handlers/passers than big men. So barring a long shot like George, Kawhi or LeBron, guards are likely where they're going to find the best selection of players with the skills they need.

lol @ LeBron joining the damn sixers

Philadelphia can be as positionless as it wants. But I'm told that, on average, guard-size players are better shooters and ball handlers/passers than big men. So barring a long shot like George, Kawhi or LeBron, guards are likely where they're going to find the best selection of players with the skills they need.
    The thread is specifically about Lebron joining Philly. It would be positionless and it would be great.

Iím told that, on average, our team would be pretty damn good if he joined our team, despite your analysis of our front court being set and us needing better guards.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    The thread is specifically about Lebron joining Philly. It would be positionless and it would be great.
    Iím told that, on average, our team would be pretty damn good if he joined our team, despite your analysis of our front court being set and us needing better guards.
    I said "barring a long shot like George, Kawhi or LeBron" because players of that caliber are no-brainers. But the Sixers are the weakest at guard, where there's likely going to be better value for them in free agency. Klay is my dream for them.

When I first heard that Simmons didn't want Lebron on the Sixers he immediately became one of my favourite players. He wants a rivalry and that's awesome! Ben is the heir to the throne and I absolutely love the fact that he wants to take it and not have it handed to him. Lebron knows the decline is coming soon so he'll probably want to partner up with some young blood nd these kids won't have it. I really, REALLY hope this sparks a rivalry. As for Lebron, come to the Raptors!

We dont need James, he needs us. Im not about to blow 35mil a year on player who posses the same exact skill set of one of our best players. Im not about to risk Lebron doing Lebron things with his boys and how he kills coaches. Maybe, its different if he leaves the Cavs and he is willing to take a bit of a backseat but i think he is still gonna want to be the man wherever he goes. That said im not gonna complain if we do sign him bcuz i understand it even if i dont want it. It is also amazing that a player of his caliber is considering this team
    Last edited by TheDish87; 04-24-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

ummm Simmons/Reddick/Fultz* is pretty damn good
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    We dont need James, he needs us. Im not about to blow 35mil a year on player who posses the same exact skill set of one of our best players. Im not about to risk Lebron doing Lebron things with his boys and how he kills coaches. Maybe, its different if he leaves the Cavs and he is willing to take a bit of a backseat but i think he is still gonna want to be the man wherever he goes. That said im not gonna complain if we do sign him bcuz i understand it even if i dont want it. It is also amazing that a player of his caliber is considering this team
    spoken like a true fanatic, rant about not wanting something and accept it all in the same quote

life of a fanatic...stay in a frenzy my friend

Philly is better off growing organically. They are going to get their eventually anyway, only Boston is equipped to deal with them over the next 3-5 years. James' trajectory doesn't really line up with theirs. They can leave him in the dust if they just let it happen naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    So you don't want Lebron on the Sixers yet you do?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast