Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should they do with Grichuk?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him play through this early slump because they need him

1 20.00%
  • Stash him on the bench as a 5th OF

0 0%
  • DFA him and hope he accepts and reports

2 40.00%
  • Waive him and tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out

2 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I simply can't see how Grichuk will be on the roster when Donaldson comes back. He simply isn't cutting it. I also don't think Teoscar was brought up as a coincidence either.

The other option is DFA Morales... really he sucks now and his only plus was his bat but he has none now and cant do anything else -- why waste a roster spot on this guy?

At least Grichuk gives you late inning defensive or pinch run possibilities and would make a fine #4 outfielder (if he wants to go this route).

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    I simply can't see how Grichuk will be on the roster when Donaldson comes back. He simply isn't cutting it. I also don't think Teoscar was brought up as a coincidence either.
    i havent posted much because I wanted to see how long it would take for some people to see what we both saw on grichuck when we acquired him.

Teoscar desered the job from the get go

grichuck has power but you simply cant live with 400 at bats of nothingfor what he gives you the other 100
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 04-29-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Chance you take when you switch leagues on a player. Different strike zone, different style of league. Sometimes you hit gold Estrada, Bautista, etc.... Sometimes you strike out Jack Johnson, Reyes, Tulo, etc... Probably better traded back to NL. See more fastballs. I seen him chase terribly

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Chance you take when you switch leagues on a player. Different strike zone, different style of league. Sometimes you hit gold Estrada, Bautista, etc.... Sometimes you strike out Jack Johnson, Reyes, Tulo, etc... Probably better traded back to NL. See more fastballs. I seen him chase terribly
    This post feels wrong but I can't put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This post feels wrong but I can't put my finger on it.
    The Columbus Bluejackets definitely did NOT strike out on Jack Johnson!

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    i havent posted much because I wanted to see how long it would take for some people to see what we both saw on grichuck when we acquired him.

Teoscar desered the job from the get go

grichuck has power but you simply cant live with 400 at bats of nothingfor what he gives you the other 100
    I think the writing was on the wall with Grichuk. Low OBP with an ample amount of K's and this is what you get. A LOT of posters on this board saw the same thing as well when the trade was made and posted accordingly.

I think the best case seemed to be a Johnny Gomes type player.

On the other hand I didn't believe in Teoscar either and would rather have seen Alford come up (he might have been injured as well), but let's give credit to Gibbons. He knew what he had in Teoscar and he probably lobbied for Teoscar to come up since spring training.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    I think the writing was on the wall with Grichuk. Low OBP with an ample amount of K's and this is what you get. A LOT of posters on this board saw the same thing as well when the trade was made and posted accordingly.

I think the best case seemed to be a Johnny Gomes type player.

On the other hand I didn't believe in Teoscar either and would rather have seen Alford come up (he might have been injured as well), but let's give credit to Gibbons. He knew what he had in Teoscar and he probably lobbied for Teoscar to come up since spring training.
    Teoscar last September imagine sold him for Gibbons. I remember he hit a homerun against us a few years ago, maybe the Jays remembered it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12