Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1871
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    52,242
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Point taken. Puts someone like Kravtsov at #14 and Rasmus Sandin right in the sweet spot at pick 19 as options.
    Yup. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Flyers go with a late riser if they pick where they're at. They've had luck when they've gone with them in the past under Hextall. Both Sanheim and Frost were "questionable" picks at the time due to their late rising status, and they hit on both thus far.
    We're From Philadelphia


    We. Fight.

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Exactly. It's incredibly difficult to pinpoint their development path. I had a post prepared and then my browser reset and I don't feel like going back and re-doing everything. But there was some good stuff in there and I recommend everyone take a look. Early on you stated how Provorov wasn't a slam dunk and if you were the GM you'd look to move back in the draft. That was very early on though, I believe in like March on one of the first pages. Your opinion eventually changed on draft day though.

    Castan was spot on about Konecny. He was one of the only ones to bring his name up before draft day and talked about how dynamic he was and how great his shot was despite being undersized.

    A lot of love for Lawson Crouse and Evgeny Svechnikov. Neither panned out. Hanifin was the consensus #1 defenseman in the draft. I believe we made out handily on that one! Also a ton of talk about Sprong and how skilled he was. He had a great year in the AHL, but has yet to crack the NHL full time.
    Have you found anything from me on that draft?

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,847
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Exactly. It's incredibly difficult to pinpoint their development path. I had a post prepared and then my browser reset and I don't feel like going back and re-doing everything. But there was some good stuff in there and I recommend everyone take a look. Early on you stated how Provorov wasn't a slam dunk and if you were the GM you'd look to move back in the draft. That was very early on though, I believe in like March on one of the first pages. Your opinion eventually changed on draft day though.

    Castan was spot on about Konecny. He was one of the only ones to bring his name up before draft day and talked about how dynamic he was and how great his shot was despite being undersized.

    A lot of love for Lawson Crouse and Evgeny Svechnikov. Neither panned out. Hanifin was the consensus #1 defenseman in the draft. I believe we made out handily on that one! Also a ton of talk about Sprong and how skilled he was. He had a great year in the AHL, but has yet to crack the NHL full time.
    Haha. Thanks. I usually zone in one a few players and ones we should jump back to the first round in. Iím having trouble pin pointing guys this year. Everyone does a lot of things well. No one is elite at anything where our draft picks fall.

    Dobson is my coveted player in this draft. Because we arenít getting picks 1 or 2 ... I also like Zadina but heíll be gone and needs to do a lot to be successful at the next level because only his shot is elite. He gets open a lot in junior by not stopping moving in the offensive zone but that has pros and cons in the NHL.

    For 2015 - TK I though could fall out of the top 15 because of his size in that draft and I thought had the 2nd best shot to McDavid ... and he was trade up worthy for the elite shot he had. I also wanted Zacha. I had provorov ranked as my #1 dman in that draft class with Werenski 2nd.

    In fairness, I though Barzal was a loafer and lazy player, who never shot the puck. He was in junior, despite having the speed. He has since become a star. Was wrong about him.
    Last edited by castan_b; 05-16-2018 at 08:57 AM.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Have you found anything from me on that draft?
    I'll be the one that was singing the praises of Kyle Connor.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Haha. Thanks. I usually zone in one a few players and ones we should jump back to the first round in. Iím having trouble pin pointing guys this year. Everyone does a lot of things well. No one is elite at anything where our draft picks fall.

    Dobson is my coveted player in this draft. Because we arenít getting picks 1 or 2 ... I also like Zadina but heíll be gone and needs to do a lot to be successful at the next level because only his shot is elite. He gets open a lot in junior by not stopping moving in the offensive zone but that has pros and cons in the NHL.

    For 2015 - TK I though could fall out of the top 15 because of his size in that draft and I thought had the 2nd best shot to McDavid ... and he was trade up worthy for the elite shot he had. I also wanted Zacha. I had provorov ranked as my #1 dman in that draft class with Werenski 2nd.

    In fairness, I though Barzal was a loafer and lazy player, who never shot the puck. He was in junior, despite having the speed. He has since become a star. Was wrong about him.
    Dobson is awesome yes.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Bob McKenzie reporting that Carolina is open to trading everyone not named Sebastian Aho. Now obviously this doesn't mean Carolina is shopping everyone on their team, but it does mean they'll be listening to offers on everyone and no one is untouchable. Some names to look at would be Skinner, Teravainen, Lindholm, Hanifin, Slavin, and Pesce. My main target would be scoring depth up front. I like Hanifin a lot and think putting he and Sanheim together would be a knockout pairing, but I also don't like the idea of Hanifin blocking Myers, who has a lot of chemistry already with Sanheim. I doubt anything will actually happen as we hear all the time how no one on team X is untouchable with no trades to follow, but just something to tinker with while we wait for the draft.

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    52,242
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Bob McKenzie reporting that Carolina is open to trading everyone not named Sebastian Aho. Now obviously this doesn't mean Carolina is shopping everyone on their team, but it does mean they'll be listening to offers on everyone and no one is untouchable. Some names to look at would be Skinner, Teravainen, Lindholm, Hanifin, Slavin, and Pesce. My main target would be scoring depth up front. I like Hanifin a lot and think putting he and Sanheim together would be a knockout pairing, but I also don't like the idea of Hanifin blocking Myers, who has a lot of chemistry already with Sanheim. I doubt anything will actually happen as we hear all the time how no one on team X is untouchable with no trades to follow, but just something to tinker with while we wait for the draft.
    Carolina is a nice team to trade with. I *don't* think their 1st round pick is in play. But I *do* think they can get a talented winger or defensemen from them. The Hurricanes are an interesting team and the Flyers have a lot of interesting pieces to deal with.
    We're From Philadelphia


    We. Fight.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Bob McKenzie reporting that Carolina is open to trading everyone not named Sebastian Aho. Now obviously this doesn't mean Carolina is shopping everyone on their team, but it does mean they'll be listening to offers on everyone and no one is untouchable. Some names to look at would be Skinner, Teravainen, Lindholm, Hanifin, Slavin, and Pesce. My main target would be scoring depth up front. I like Hanifin a lot and think putting he and Sanheim together would be a knockout pairing, but I also don't like the idea of Hanifin blocking Myers, who has a lot of chemistry already with Sanheim. I doubt anything will actually happen as we hear all the time how no one on team X is untouchable with no trades to follow, but just something to tinker with while we wait for the draft.
    The other team I could see needing to make some changes is TBL -- Kucherov is due for a raise at the end of next season. And based on his comments after signing his last deal, this one is going to hurt TB.

    I'd expect him to ask for McDavid money -- after all, he's basically scoring at a McDavid level. And (if I recall correctly) he said there would be no "hometown discount" when his next contract came around. So...TBL is going to have a problem.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,835
    What would it take to get Skinner from Carolina?

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    What would it take to get Skinner from Carolina?
    this need a gguy like skinner

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    What would it take to get Skinner from Carolina?
    14+19 or something similar is what I'm sure they will ask for.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Skinner is a near perfect target. 25 years old, pure goal scorer with a lot of speed and fantastic shot. They also have been shopping him for years for whatever reason, so the price may be slightly lower than fair market value. The only downside to him is he has only one year left and then becomes a UFA. Not a huge fan of that. I would think cost wise it may take a first, a second, and a prospect to get the conversation going, then build from that package.

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Skinner is a near perfect target. 25 years old, pure goal scorer with a lot of speed and fantastic shot. They also have been shopping him for years for whatever reason, so the price may be slightly lower than fair market value. The only downside to him is he has only one year left and then becomes a UFA. Not a huge fan of that. I would think cost wise it may take a first, a second, and a prospect to get the conversation going, then build from that package.
    Him having 1 year left is probably a bit part of why he is on the market in the 1st place. Them having a surplus of scoring wingers before even assuming they draft Svechnikov is another. He won't be cheap for sure. I'd feel a lot better if he already had a long term deal worked out.

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,153
    That said, I don't think we will see Hextall throw multiple valuable assets at a potential rental anyway.

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    15,546
    I imagine any deal for a guy like Skinner would be contingent upon him signing an extension. I mentioned him in my first article as a potential trade target.

    Of course McKenzie comes out and says this 2 weeks after I post my article on the Metro lol.


    But in all seriousness, I don't see guys really being shopped other than Skinner and maybe Faulk. Slavin is not a guy they're going to move. Staal I don't see moving given their lack of center depth. They're "open for business" in the same way any team is I would imagine.

    Skinner would be my target from them.

    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Page 34 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •